Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Perfomance issues with webm embedded

DramaticPopcorn

Hai

I'm having problems browsing threads with webm embedded, my page freezes and doesn't respond for a good while and after it's the page is done loading, the whole machine lags like a bitch.

I'm using the latest Chrome build with a couple of light extensions.

The most baffling thing is that it happens on my gaming rig with i7 and mid level gfx while my working rig w/ old pentium CPU doesn't have any issue. This issue only happens on codex, I can browse other forums with webm embedded just fine.

What do?

Nigger

Educated
Greetz
I hope ITZ is not upon you, I am having problems seeing you niggas, my page be all freeezing and and fucked up. Lagging me out like some biiiiiiitch. I be using that chro-chro-chroooome.

I'm so troublied my niggas, its happening in my games, my gaaii-----my gaaai-maes. My games aren't loading, because my setup is abc.
FATE unlock code- 3g3hisgli
-this post took more than 5 minutes to type drunk

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It could be a RAM issue. Loading a whole bunch of autoplay vids isn't exactly a light load.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Option #2:

chrome://flags/

Disable hardware-accelerated video decode. Windows, Chrome OS
Disables hardware-accelerated video decode where available. #disable-accelerated-video-decode
Enable​

Try Enabling / Disabling that. Let me know if it's enabled to start with.

And let me know if you get this:

Disable support for WebRTC hardware video encoding. Chrome OS, Android
This option disables support in WebRTC for encoding video streams using platform hardware. #disable-webrtc-hw-encoding
Sorry, this experiment is not available on your platform.​

Also go here: chrome://settings/

Show Advanced Settings, and under System, let me know if there's a tick in "Use hardware acceleration when available".

DramaticPopcorn

Option #2:

chrome://flags/

Disable hardware-accelerated video decode. Windows, Chrome OS
Disables hardware-accelerated video decode where available. #disable-accelerated-video-decode
Enable​

Try Enabling / Disabling that. Let me know if it's enabled to start with.
It was disabled, I enabled it and nothing has changed
And let me know if you get this:

Disable support for WebRTC hardware video encoding. Chrome OS, Android
This option disables support in WebRTC for encoding video streams using platform hardware. #disable-webrtc-hw-encoding
Sorry, this experiment is not available on your platform.

Yep, it's unavailable for me as well.
Also go here: chrome://settings/

Show Advanced Settings, and under System, let me know if there's a tick in "Use hardware acceleration when available".
Yup, it's enabled

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom