Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Caim

Arcane
You people are forgetting the best waifu.

hqdefault.jpg
C'mon, Margaret is far better.

Brosuke is best waifu, don't even start.
He's the best boywife indeed. Not as good a trap as Teddie, but he's a good second.

lightbane

Arcane
No-one of these matter: the PC was a dumbfuck who literally acquired the Mastery of the Universe (TM)... And proceeded to waste it to kill himself in order to stop Death, instead of beating her with her bare hands into complete submission. Moreover, later on his friends turn out be assholes who immediately turn on each other because of inane reasons. The Demi-Fiend disapproves.

Martius

Liturgist
Now whole mess with NISA makes bit more sense. For me it sounds like a waste since pretty much anyone could publish Persona here but who knows is anyone will even think about publishing Atlus 3ds games here.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now whole mess with NISA makes bit more sense. For me it sounds like a waste since pretty much anyone could publish Persona here but who knows is anyone will even think about publishing Atlus 3ds games here.

What mess with NISA? Enlighten me a little because you got my attention.

Martius

Liturgist
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/nis-america-will-no-longer-publish-atlus-games-europe
In short NISA who kept publishing all recent Atlus games in Europe for some reason decided to stop working with Atlus. Most people think that obvious reason are rights to European release of Persona 5. It looks like Atlus/Sega would prefer to squeeze little bit money rather than just give it to their most recent partner.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hope the rumour isn't true. As much I am liking the series I am not buying PS4 just for that. Please let there be western release for PS3 version. :(

Martius

Liturgist
This is Japanese cover. Rumours are about not localising ps3 version outside of Japan..

Dyskolos

Cipher
I feel stupid. I read that as meaning there would be simultaneous release only on PS4, not that there would be no PS3 version.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Is persona 5 the only to be released jrpg today to still feature turn based combat ?

I'm worried it might be even the last persona to be turn based.

Alas it's a d1p, persona 4 was just awesome, the combat easily was the best out of all jrpgs

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Is persona 5 the only to be released jrpg today to still feature turn based combat ?

I'm worried it might be even the last persona to be turn based.

Alas it's a d1p, persona 4 was just awesome, the combat easily was the best out of all jrpgs

I'd say that half the jRPGs released today are still turn based, if not the majorty. The ones I'm looking forward to the most, off the top of my head, are Atelier Sophie, Etrian Odyssey 5 and Dragon Quest 11 and Pokemon Sun/Moon.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No-one of these matter: the PC was a dumbfuck who literally acquired the Mastery of the Universe (TM)... And proceeded to waste it to kill himself in order to stop Death, instead of beating her with her bare hands into complete submission. Moreover, later on his friends turn out be assholes who immediately turn on each other because of inane reasons. The Demi-Fiend disapproves.

They didn't turn out to be assholes, the supporting cast of Persona 3 were always assholes.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It wasn't NISA that just suddenly said that they won't publish Atlus titles. Atlus are allowing the highest bidder do the work if I remember correctly.

Martius

Liturgist
Yeah, because Persona is their most popular series in the west. On the other hand I doubt whoever will publish Persona 5 in Europe will do same for 3ds games.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Damn nigga. I thought we were gonna get it in 2016. That's a long time from now, never mind the fact that EU might get it even later.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On the bright side, PS3 Western release confirmed with that cover.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom