Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

roll-a-die

Magister
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
On the other hand, japanese voice, finally. Atlus dub is pretty ok most of the time but having the option to use japanese voice is nice

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is some japanese trolling of western people :argh:

On the other hand we will have 7 months of bug fixes, so maybe it's a good thing.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is how you make a sequel, be it same as previous games. cough cough FF XV

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This is how you make a sequel, be it same as previous games. cough cough FF XV

I'm also in favor of sequels being improved version of the previous game(s), but Final Fantasy was always about [needlessly] reinventing the wheel.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's hard to resist the temptation, but I'm trying to avoid watching or hearing anything about the game. I want to start it fresh and hear the music, watch the menus. All that stuff its so well made in these games.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It is because you western faggot went all "TURN BASED IS BORING" :decline:

At least the Japanese people didn't bend over to the western mass market and start shitting out horrible games with RTwP combat.

Japan - saviour of turn based RPG's, who would've thought, too bad you have to pain yourself through all the animu garbage in the process :M

Hobo Elf

Arcane
:shredder:

Well they did keep delaying the game, but it's still impressive that they managed to make it so long. I just hope it doesn't wear out its welcome and remains quality throughout the whole game.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The reviews out there are all of the Japanese version, game is only released in April, and I wouldn't trust any of the Japanese publications to do an honest review, Famitsu gives almost perfect scores to anything.

Exhuminator

Arcane
I'm currently playing through P3P, I've also got P4 on Vita (not played yet). I've preordered P5.

Hoping I will "get" what's so great about this series. I understand it kind of rebooted itself with P3, as P1/P2A:B are fairly different. So I started with P3. I'm about 11 hours in, and am not in love... got a like/dislike situation going. P3 has a significant amount of dumb design IMO. Granted I beat SMT:Nocturne and Soul Hackers before this. I found those to be more compelling than P3 so far.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm currently playing through P3P, I've also got P4 on Vita (not played yet). I've preordered P5.

Hoping I will "get" what's so great about this series. I understand it kind of rebooted itself with P3, as P1/P2A:B are fairly different. So I started with P3. I'm about 11 hours in, and am not in love... got a like/dislike situation going. P3 has a significant amount of dumb design IMO. Granted I beat SMT:Nocturne and Soul Hackers before this. I found those to be more compelling than P3 so far.

Persona 3 has a notorious "barely anything happens" period until about half-way in when summer break begins and shit goes down. Fans generally talk about their waifus and social links you get to create to discover characters' stories more than game as far as Persona 3 and 4 are concerned, though. You may have gone in with overblown expectations.

Exhuminator

Arcane
You may have gone in with overblown expectations.
Undoubtedly, but that's what I get for listening to hyperbole on NeoGAF and /v/.

I'm pretty sure (but not factually sure) that the vast majority of Persona fans jumped onto the series with Persona 4, and they haven't looked back. I'm not sure if all these P4 stalwarts would feel the same gusto about P3. Or if P3 and P4 are really so similar after all? How much could have changed between P3 and P4, I can't say. Not sure what the point of courting a waifu you can't bang is either.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think P3 was much harder, but P4 had more intuitive interface. And P4 is something like detective mystery, so avoid story spoilers. While P3 is AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH everyone dies.

Red Rogue

Learned
I've never played a Persona game.
Hell I've never played any SMT game.

Does codex think I could get some fun out of 5? It's not a particularly difficult game is it? Doesn't seem like it is. I don't mind challenge but I also don't want convoluted bullshit where I'll need to spend hours on a FAQ to be effective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom