Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Red Rogue

Learned
Anyone play with Japanese voices? Are they good?

I'm thinking of playing the game a second time and was considering using Japanese voices and maybe some DLC costumes.

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
After a lot of insistence from my weeb friend I bought Persona 5 to play on my dusty PS3. I honestly was not expecting such a stylish and enjoyable game. I heard about this game being part dungeoneering part dating sim and that's what made me not buy it until now, but the visual novelish part doesn't seem that prevalent and unlike 99% of japanese games this seems to downplay all the cringy JRPG tropes (you know what I'm talking about).

Only downside that I can think of is that P5 feels a bit easy (even if I'm playing on hard) but maybe that's because I'm still at the second palace.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Japanese voices are pretty generic tbh, but if you don't know the language, it won't really matter I guess.

Red Rogue

Learned
After a lot of insistence from my weeb friend I bought Persona 5 to play on my dusty PS3. I honestly was not expecting such a stylish and enjoyable game. I heard about this game being part dungeoneering part dating sim and that's what made me not buy it until now, but the visual novelish part doesn't seem that prevalent and unlike 99% of japanese games this seems to downplay all the cringy JRPG tropes (you know what I'm talking about).

I too found myself incredibly surprised that I enjoyed this game as much as I did. I bought it for the full $60 on release without knowing much about it. Really don't know what came over me, but boy I'm sure glad I did. Never considered myself the type of person who would enjoy a game like this, largely based on the cringy JRPG tropes you describe, but it's my favorite game of 2017 and lands on my top 10 of all time. Now I'm exploring other JRPGs and likely earlier games in the franchise.

I do not know Japanese, but when I watch the odd anime I've often found that it's preferable to use the subtitles with original language as the voice actors usually come off as more genuine. Though I will say the english talent did a great job in P5.

Silva

Arcane
Reinstalling this. First time I dropped somewhere after second palace out of boredom (too much text, hand holding, exposition, etc). This time I will endure though, I want to see more of the game.

What tips you guys have? Should I play it on hard? Hold O during dialogues and try to make sense on my self. Hmmm... this could make the game cryptic and Soulsborne like. Lol

Silva

Arcane
I thought I was a Persona fan but I'm reconsidering this statement. I had only played P3 before this and loved it (even not being able to finish it). Couldn't endure P4 intro and more infantile aesthetics, and waited anxiously for P5 bu t I'm giving up on it, again.

I think what hooked me on P3 was the horror theme, thr novelty of the social mechanics, the okay combat and the surreal idea of personas, 13hour and all that. I see now I liked it because of the subjective aspects and the tad more open/unrestrained play loop. When the series swapped those out, I couldn't force myself to endure the gameplay.

I hope someday they compress the formula into an 30 hours game with more on point dialogue and dungeon crawling.

Main and only flaw of Persona 5 is the existence of previous games.

While P5 managed to overcome some weaknesses of P3/P4 (dat horrible random dungeons!) it's still repeating the same formula. Improvements are mainly about details. If it's your first Megaten/Persona title it would be da best game ever but after ~80 hours of P4 and ~100 of P3 you can get bored very fast.

I dream of mixture of P5 quality (combat-/graphics-/music-wise) with tightness of mainline SMT stuff. SMT5 will be like that for sure but the very basic concept of Project Re Fantasy is still unknown.

Play Persona 2.

No, watch LP instead. Play Persona 1 for Snow Queen route goodness.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
Persona 1 is my personal favorite. Play the PSP version on an emulator with a music patch that restores the original soundtrack (to an extent, sadly).

The atmosphere is simply sublime.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DUTO-7mX0AAgn_7.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Okay...: https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-6-ps4-pc-switch/

Atlus Asks If You Want Persona 6 (and More) on PS4, Switch, PC, or Other Platforms
Atlus asks its fans what they'd like to see next from Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, and more, whether they'd like remakes or new IPs, and on which platforms.

Today Atlus released an extensive survey in which they asked the opinion of the fans on several rather intriguing questions.

The questionary is fully in Japanese, but it does touch some interesting points, beginning with whether the fans would like a new Persona board game, a fighting game, an online RPG, a strategy RPG, an action RPG, a shooter, or they’d prefer a completely new Persona 6.

For each of those options, we’re also asked which platform we’d like among PS4, Switch, PC, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Smartphones, or something else.

Interestingly, the survey continues by inquiring on whether fans would enjoy a remake of one of many of the developer’s games. The list includes the Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner series, the Etrian Odyssey series, the Digital Devil Saga series, the numbered Shin Megami Tensei titles, and the whole Persona series. For all of those options, the preferred platform is also asked, and the possibilities are the same as the previous question.

The next question asks whether we’d like to see spinoff games from Atlus properties developed by other developers. The titles listed are Soul Hackers, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Persona fighting games, Persona dancing games, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey, the main Persona series, and the Shin Megami Tensei series.

Another one inquires on whether we’d like Atlus to focus on developing a completely new IP, a mainline numbered game of their main series, a spin-off of their main series, a remake of past games, a port of already-released games to new consoles, non-gaming content like anime, or collaborations with other companies.

If you answer that you want a completely new IP, you’re also asked whether you’d like it from the Shin Megami Tensei team, the recently-formed Studio Zero, the Persona team, Vanillaware, or the Etrian Odyssey team.

Last, but not least, we’re asked again on which platforms we’d like the next mainline numbered titles of the Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, and Etrian Odyssey series. Once more, the options are PS4, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Switch, Smartphone, PC, or something else entirely.

Actually, I lied. That wasn’t the last question. The actual last one is whether you believe in the Phantom Thieves or not. I’m not kidding.

As a bonus, the survey also includes some pieces of lovely artwork of the upcoming game by Studio Zero code-named Project Re Fantasy. We glimpsed them in the latest teaser trailer, but now we see the full version of each.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Atlus are probably the biggest PC haters I've ever seen. Everyone, at this includes both big and small companies from Japan, is constantly pushing out their titles. But Atlus? Nooooooooo thank you, we don't like you're dirty elitist money, become a peasant if you want to play our games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
which platform we’d like among PS4, Switch, PC, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Smartphones, or something else.

Come to think of it, what's the point of asking about a PC version in a survey intended solely to Japanese audience. The point of PC/Steam release is worldwide distribution. Of course the result will show that PC is undesirable than most other platforms (but certainly better than Xbox One) among Japanese gamers.

Well, unless a bunch of gaijins acutally go through and fill the survey of full of moonrunes.

Deleted member 7219

Persona 5 is discounted by 50% on PSN right now. At least, in Europe. BUY BUY BUY. I just did. I wish I wasn’t drunk and it wasn’t a work night so I could play some more. I only completed the opening bit and then saved in the subway station. Music in the first fight scene was incline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom