Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Petition to Free Broseph/World of Xeen midi hardware discussion

Free Broseph?

• Free Broseph!

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Don't free Broseph.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Ban Night Goat

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 42 36.5%

• Total voters

Johannes

Arcane
In that case, I'm leaving the forum permanently. I enjoyed posting here and I liked the discussions and relatively loose moderation and stuffies, but if you're not going to unban me at some later date unless I do your dumb challenge then that's that. Farewell bros.
Alright, good luck, go get fucked in the ass!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
In that case, I'm leaving the forum permanently. I enjoyed posting here and I liked the discussions and relatively loose moderation and stuffies, but if you're not going to unban me at some later date unless I do your dumb challenge then that's that. Farewell bros.
What's the matter Broseph, can't you handle Star Stable? Is a game aimed at girls who like horses too much of a real RPG for you? Are you intimidated by the rich game worlds and involved story lines the challenge presents to you?

Bro, do you even ride?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Alternatively, you can complete Andhaira's Legend of Grimrock LP. Sadly should you take this option, it will result in further extension of Andhaira's ban and the design of a new and much harder challenge for him should he ever wish to post under his True Djinn Name™. But you'll be unbanned.
The lord giveth, the lord taketh.

I can't say you won't be missed, especially in the M&M thread, but I honestly cannot fathom what possessed you* to give your account to Andhaira of all people. It's not as if you hadn't been around and didn't know what his past history, his posting habits, and the unfortunate circumstances that tend to befall those who give him their account.

*Yes yes i know, Djinn.

aris

Arcane
ok, see you again in the next unban broseph thread

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
What would Calimshite genies been doing here in Trademeet.
Irenaeus, do you even English?
is THAT the worst English mistake you've ever seen on the codex, the one mistake you thought was worthy of highlighting? I hear Indians, who are supposedly mother tongue English speakers, do way worse mistakes every day, like beginning questions with "why you are/it is:..". I also regularly do way worse mistakes than that, when writing in English.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I very rarely do this, but I'm going to stick my neck out for someone who, after stating "I'm leaving forever" and likely meaning it, probably should just leave.

But this particular instance is bothering me.

I realize Broseph did something very stupid and certainly deserves punishment. Personally I feel that a quick and dirty LP of a game isn't that bad, as evidenced by Lady Error's accomplishing it. But Broseph clearly feels it's too much for him, and honestly I can't really blame him, given the subject matter. However, that coupled with the possibility that he didn't really know how stupid an act of giving his account temporarily to Andhaira would be, maybe he should be given something a little... lighter to accomplish.

Broseph has been a valuable contributor to Codex. He's made some excellent comments about RPG's, has contributed nicely to reviews, and is certainly redeemable. Dumb, but ultimately innocent. Not innocent of the crime, but I submit innocent of any real criminal intent. I think he was just trying to be funny and to pull off a big joke by giving up his account. DU, your harsh stance on Andhaira is certainly warranted, but maybe in this case its collateral damage could be contained.

Broseph, explain yourself. Even if you've already done so elsewhere, take this opportunity to explain to us why you did what you did, whether or not you realized it would have the ramifications it did, and whether you're willing to commit to some form of penance for it. If you're not, and you really want out forever, then so be it.

The evil arch-demon Andhaira was long ago banished into the outer darkness of RPG Watch. Cast out, but not destroyed. Mercy has no place for so long as the weak-minded continue to act as conduits for his spirit to enter our realm of existence. Blessed is the mind too small to question DU's wisdom.

That was quite a bit of thought put into a joke post.
That was quite a bit of thought to put into a joke post.
That was quite a bit of thought [a subject pronoun] put into a joke post.
There was quite a bit of thought put into a joke post.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I very rarely do this, but I'm going to stick my neck out for someone who, after stating "I'm leaving forever" and likely meaning it, probably should just leave.

But this particular instance is bothering me.

I realize Broseph did something very stupid and certainly deserves punishment. Personally I feel that a quick and dirty LP of a game isn't that bad, as evidenced by Lady Error's accomplishing it. But Broseph clearly feels it's too much for him, and honestly I can't really blame him, given the subject matter. However, that coupled with the possibility that he didn't really know how stupid an act of giving his account temporarily to Andhaira would be, maybe he should be given something a little... lighter to accomplish.

Broseph has been a valuable contributor to Codex. He's made some excellent comments about RPG's, has contributed nicely to reviews, and is certainly redeemable. Dumb, but ultimately innocent. Not innocent of the crime, but I submit innocent of any real criminal intent. I think he was just trying to be funny and to pull off a big joke by giving up his account. DU, your harsh stance on Andhaira is certainly warranted, but maybe in this case its collateral damage could be contained.

Broseph, explain yourself. Even if you've already done so elsewhere, take this opportunity to explain to us why you did what you did, whether or not you realized it would have the ramifications it did, and whether you're willing to commit to some form of penance for it. If you're not, and you really want out forever, then so be it.

The dude has had so many opportunities to cut the challenge down, and it's not like he really needs to put in that much effort. He could just lie convincingly about playing the game and steal screenshots of youtube or whatevs. He's being a massive dramafag for no fucking reason other than whenever you give a newfag too much praise their heads inflate until they are no longer able to move and they just shitpost loudly until death. Sceptic is about the only poster I've ever seen be Codex-famous from the start and never jump the shark.

Weasel
Irenaeus is p. Codex-famous, but I guess he rides the shark rather than jumping it

NHgWKLB.png

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why is Sceptic Codex-famous? Nothing against the guy, obv

dude has been adored since day 1, it's not every day we get a rational newfag with impeccable taste in RPGs.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ality-poster-lets-be-nice-for-a-change.57206/
(thread is posted by another 2010fag and is full of shitposting but nonetheless)

He's also our resident World of XEEN midi hardware expert.

I'm just a bsb shitposter.

Sometimes I think I should give up on being an internet retard, but every film needs extras, bro.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

and nothing of value was lost

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom