Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

pewdiepie

Gozma

Arcane
Still better for kids than television

Papa Môlé

Arcane
People are mad more at him requiring no effort to produce videos rather than being not funny it seems to me. But when you think about he's not doing anything fundamentally different than people in power. You make money off money you already have at a certain point, you don't do real work. Pewdiepie basically is the same except replace subscribers with more subscribers. Unlike old-money his shtick will peter out eventually most likely, especially if YouTube changes their alogrithm, but then he's already made enough money to live better for the rest of his life than the most of you already anyway.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
He isn't my cup of tea as I prefer more insightful gaming videos that I can learn from, as he doesn't play my kind of games, and as his target audience is at least 10 years younger than I am. That being said I really don't mind that he's successful at what he's doing. If I was able to earn hundreds of thousands by making wacky gaming videos, I'd likely do so too. Besides, SJWs seem to hate him with a passion because of his politically incorrect banter, which makes him a net benefit in my book. He's probably a goof on screen because he knows his audience.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Remember when video games were for dorks? Now you can make ten million dollars a year with funny reaction videos!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
At least he ain't a shill. Guy gets so much dosh from his own content alone that he's more or less completely self-sufficient.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
At least he ain't a shill. Guy gets so much dosh from his own content alone that he's more or less completely self-sufficient.

And before that he was in university and dropped out, then selling hot-dogs. I bet he would never make that cash after whatever he would be doing from uni.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Indeed. In these instances I don't fault the guy making millions. If people are stupid enough to give him money/sponsorships then more power to him.

circ

Arcane
As men go, he's pretty hideous.

lol

circ217.jpg
Please don't display my visage as if I were just a piece of meat. I'm a man. Your dad was a man. Without men there wouldn't be a human race, so think about that. We've accomplished lots of stuff. There are even a few male Nobel prize winners. I can't think of their names right now, but you get the idea. Hmph. Really.

Anyway, I was thinking the other day. Seeing as how pdp is some kind of weaboo reject probably close to 30 or past it, he probably resonates with tweens and teens who think their similar antics - that are frowned on by anyone normal - is validated by this guy. Likewise people way past their teenage years and not having outgrown their awkward act see him as some kind of retarded champion, making them feel not quite so forever alone. That partly works for the women too. Not the usual geek face, but acts all squee, so kawaii.

Or not, I don't do this for a living.

retardation

Learned
This guy knows how to entertain the girly males of the internet and has a non-threatening face devoid of testosterone which makes many females feel comfortable. Western world likes them celebrities thin. That's why he's so popular.

Xi

Arcane
aNGRY JOE IS CLEARLY A BRO. hE GENERALLY HITS MOST OF THE CRITICAL POINTS YOUD WANT TO KNOW ABOUT A GAME BEFORE YOU PLAYED IT.

pEWDIEPIE IS CLEArly a FUCKING MROON AND DESERVGES TO BE BITCHED SLAPPED.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
aNGRY JOE IS CLEARLY A BRO. hE GENERALLY HITS MOST OF THE CRITICAL POINTS YOUD WANT TO KNOW ABOUT A GAME BEFORE YOU PLAYED IT.

You are not Blobert.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah, cause Blobert have good points and arguments, that's the joke.

So maybe time to retardoed this thread? Nobody want to watch that shit, forced "recommended" from YT is enough.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The word BRO is only used once, instead of at the beginning and end of every sentence, not once is the word FAG used and not a single LOLLLLOLOLLOLL. 2/10

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Nothing can change the nature of the haters. They can't stop watching shit they hate. Stopping them would be like cutting them from fresh air, just for another dose of hateful posts'n'comments.

yay 2k posts.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Your attempt at trying to be BLOBERT was extremely pathetic. You should seriously consider ending your life because of how much of a disgrace you have just made yourself out to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom