Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too much speculation at this point... I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just hope the combinations are many and not too "restrictive".

luinthoron

Learned
Campaign update 15:
$650k Reached - Vehicles are in
Thank you to all backers for making our first stretch goal - driveable vehicles in missions - possible with $650k pledged or invested. The team is looking forward to working on the new vehicles which we are going to add to the game over the coming months.

A special thanks goes to backer ‘MikeSparks’ who pushed our funding through the stretch goal target with our first ‘Founder’s Edition’ pledge. He writes:

‘Hello Julian,
As I'm sure you recall at the time, I had been the first person to purchase the Immortalization Edition during backstage pass. Having gone all in, It would be my chance to leave a mark on this epic game that will undoubtedly write gaming history. All the while I had hoped to work closely with the Snapshot team and the game's legendary creator. Yet you had managed to raise the stakes with the Founders Edition. So here we are again, and since I'm a very staunch advocate I'm all in for the founder's edition;), I just waited to get the chance to push the total over 650K with my pledge, so congrats to all. Hope to meet you soon, we have much to discuss...
To all the supporters out there, especially the ones who are financially able to commit further funds, I urge you to increase your support!!’

New Stretch Goal - Underwater Missions
We are pleased to announce our new stretch goal for underwater missions, which will be achieved when we reach $1,200,000 in pledges and investment. With this major new feature, you will be able to take the fight to the home territory of the alien mutants. Equip your soldiers with special underwater armor, weapons and vehicles and head into the depths of the oceans. There you will fight unimaginable horrors and breach the huge, alien structures growing up from the sea floor. You will discover the origin of the mist that has enveloped the earth in its deadly embrace.

This represents a major addition to the game with a whole raft of new content and a new type of battle experience. It’s a big stretch, but if fits perfectly with our ambition for this game.

New Alien Design
Here is a new alien model from Borislav - a snake/arthropod mutation. This is likely the last alien design we will share for a while - we want to keep plenty of surprises for the game's release!

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F9084ffd041393997466d3c87be9924d47f4ade96%2Foriginal.png%3F1495799337

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2Fcccd2f7dabdf1821c7ca146bae4c9c1da723a742%2Foriginal.png%3F1495799548

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They have 17 days left and it took them how long to reach their first stretch goal? Unless last hours will earn them a good bucks, It's clear the project is straggling with funding.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
New Alien Design
Here is a new alien model from Borislav - a snake/arthropod mutation. This is likely the last alien design we will share for a while - we want to keep plenty of surprises for the game's release!

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F9084ffd041393997466d3c87be9924d47f4ade96%2Foriginal.png%3F1495799337

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2Fcccd2f7dabdf1821c7ca146bae4c9c1da723a742%2Foriginal.png%3F1495799548
I've always loved Hydralisks Trygons. :D

luinthoron

Learned
I'm not sure I like the underwater idea. Looks like might compromise everything else.
How so? I'd say it rather fits the game, as it would make sense to eventually take the fight back to their turf and learn more about their origins. And it would be quite interesting to have to choose your loadout based on whether you'll be fighting on land or underwater. We've already seen other missions with special requirements for equipment as well (Behemoth with its drill+venom requirements).

Or if you mean it taking development time and resources away from the rest of the game, I'd assume this is the reason for the quite huge additional sum needed for this goal - $350k, which is as much as the $150k and $200k of the first two goals combined. Looks like Snapshot have thought this through enough to make sure they can get the additional help they would need to make this work, instead of just asking for a little more money for a major feature that would later delay the project or not work as advertised.

Visperas

Augur
I'm not sure I like the underwater idea. Looks like might compromise everything else.
How so? I'd say it rather fits the game, as it would make sense to eventually take the fight back to their turf and learn more about their origins. And it would be quite interesting to have to choose your loadout based on whether you'll be fighting on land or underwater. We've already seen other missions with special requirements for equipment as well (Behemoth with its drill+venom requirements).

Or if you mean it taking development time and resources away from the rest of the game, I'd assume this is the reason for the quite huge additional sum needed for this goal - $350k, which is as much as the $150k and $200k of the first two goals combined. Looks like Snapshot have thought this through enough to make sure they can get the additional help they would need to make this work, instead of just asking for a little more money for a major feature that would later delay the project or not work as advertised.

Hope you're right.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Space Satan you really need to look up the meaning of the word "success".
If a project of any kind fulfills is goal, it is successful. By definition.

Sure, some crowdfunding projects have blown away their goal and many stretch goals, too. But those are not the ones that define "success" for obvious reasons.

I'd be fine with this one "just" succeeding, and at least funding-wise, it already has. And I'm sure there will be a publisher eventually as well, etc.
Not sure why you think it needs much more than that. They don't have a gigantic team to feed.

Last edited:

Grif

Learned
Space Satan you really need to look up the meaning of the word "success".
If a project of any kind fulfills is goal, it is successful. By definition.

Sure, some crowdfunding projects have blown away their goal and many stretch goals, too. But those are not the ones that define "success" for obvious reasons.

I'd be fine with this one "just" succeeding, and at least funding-wise, it already has. And I'm sure there will be publisher eventually, as well, etc.
Not sure why you think it needs much more than that. They don't have a gigantic team to feed.

No, don't you see? If you don't raise at least 150 million dollars, it is by definition not a success! Chris Roberts said so!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Apparently the gameplay video should appear today.
And there are some pictures from the battlefield from their Jan '17 build

Last edited by a moderator:

Mazisky

Magister
what if we'll reach that stretch goal and we'll see underwater industrial environments?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh no. Looking at the second picture. It seems to have nuXcom cover mechanics. Even the crouching behind cover looks the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom