Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Google translated from Krautish:

Hello Josh, it is rumored that for Deadfire the maximum number of possible companions was reduced to 4 (5 in PoE) and thus the maximum size of the group - including the guard - was reduced to 5 (6 in PoE). Is there any truth to it, or is it due only to a write error or an unfortunate phrase on the part of the press? Thanks in advance.
--
We have not said anything about the number of the companions, but the maximum size of the group is 5 (including the guard[NPC?]).

des Wätchers
The Watcher, so no it's the pc

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Deadfire sounds so lame and generic. Even Guido Henkel knows that (now).

Brofist my post if you agree.

I am harvesting brofists and will donate them to a good cause. I also accept trumpfists. :3

So a tropic archipelago with deserts inhabited by people (influenced by Indian and Polynesian cultures) with lots of pirates and tribals but also population centres is generic.

Ok then. Show me how many games can you see more of this generic architecture?

imweasel

Deadfire sounds so lame and generic. Even Guido Henkel knows that (now).

Brofist my post if you agree.

I am harvesting brofists and will donate them to a good cause. I also accept trumpfists. :3

So a tropic archipelago with deserts inhabited by people (influenced by Indian and Polynesian cultures) with lots of pirates and tribals but also population centres is generic.

Ok then. Show me how many games can you see more of this generic architecture?
Are you triggered, Mr. Turkroach?
TrumpSmug.png

imweasel

I thought it was clear what I meant when I mentioned Guido Henkel. I was talking about "Deadfire", as in the name of the game. Not the setting.

I just wanted to troll a tiny little bit, not piss off the Obsidian fanboys. OH WELL. :shittydog:

Quillon

Arcane

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
pssst...hey....

no one has noticed anything on the characters? no one?

its a small detail, but personally I love it.

Scabbards?

Yeah! Like I said, it's a small thing, but I love the detail.

Can you please make it so rapiers are actually rapiers this time around? Rapiers have flat blades and are long, longer than a longsword. PoE had short modern-day fencing epees instead and that triggered me.

Sentinel

Arcane
pssst...hey....

no one has noticed anything on the characters? no one?

its a small detail, but personally I love it.

Scabbards?

Yeah! Like I said, it's a small thing, but I love the detail.
Gotta say, as a scabbard lover, I didn't even notice anything. Didn't expect Obsidian to include them. Will there be animations for unsheathing/sheathing the swords?
Thanks!
Additionally, will scabards have unique models that fit their weapon (like Dark Souls 1 and 3) or will it be one scabbard to rule them all?

Last edited:

Saxon1974

Prophet
Hmm, so an all tropical setting? Not my favorite but if story and atmosphere is good might be OK. I'm a medieval and fantasy guy. And please no more backer written NPCs.

Felt Pillars 1 was decent, so might buy this eventually but not gonna back it from what I have seen so far.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
backed, because I will probably end up buying it on release anyways...

one thing I do hope they do is to include those hypertext lore links from Tyranny, since the original PoE had a ton of boring as shit exposition to wade through

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom