Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Also, I "came up" with more than that before, that was just summarizing your whole personality, and not only yours, everyone who sees that as somehow "gay".
You will summarize my whole personality now? :)
Kid, youre too dumb to understand yourself let alone anyone else.

Besides, people who played the game know why they say he is gay... and all you have to go on is that one sentence which you interpret to please yourself and your idiotic sense of self importance.

FreeKaner

Darling, or should i say - bachelor, that butthurt rating is your obvious projection. All that achieves with me is making you look like someone who cant come up with actual answers or arguments, so you go pressing buttons like an angry little dimwit.
I mean, dark underlord gave you dimwits all these ratings so he gets more engagement out of you and so more clicks, but all it does is make you all look ridiculous and pathetic.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know he is bisexual, every romanceable companion is. That doesn't make everything he says gay. It also seems pretty easy to summarize it, yeah, that kind of personality seems routinely coming out (get it?) of the woodwork recently.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
YMMV, but with exception of Tekehu who is insufferable, I found all companions worth interacting with. Eder's quest builds him up further as a character, while Aloths quest uncovers some deep and obscure lore related to first game, which I thought was pretty cool. Pallegina's quest sucks ass though. Maia's quest was pretty good too. Serafen was by the books and boring.

My issue with Tekehu is that if while "chosen one" companion who is full of himself is a neat idea, he actually by far the most useless companion in combat because of terrible attributes. So it is really jarring to hear him boast and brag all the time and then be about as useful as as a submarine in Sahara.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I actually have 0 issues with the music in this game. I mean I don't remember most of it, but it never stroke me as bad.
I was too ashamed to confess, but I especially like the slow, melancholic tune of the level up screen.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Its not about certain individuals, its about a whole sub-class of people who are apparently left to starve whenever there is a problem.

- which is stupid, since they live on a fucking archipelago with hundreds of islands and a decent amount of land to grow food on, which is coveted by Rautai for that specific reason.

I think we can agree that caste based societies are stupid, but that doesn’t necessarily make this unrealistic. Maybe someone who knows more about India can answer this, but I assume low caste Indians in coastal regions were often left to starve even when food was fairly plentiful. People at the top monopolize resources; the game makes it clear that the low caste Huana need to hand over all of their food to the authorities who then redistribute it, with predictable results. Besides, real world societies do lots of dumb shit that’s harmful to their own people. In India they care more about feeding cows than feeding the poor; it’s kind of idiotic that they won’t just eat those cows, but the cows nevertheless remain uneaten. The Huana have a retarded religion—nothing unrealistic about that.

As for the open land, do the Huana even know intensive agriculture techniques? The Rauatai want to take over because the locals are so damn backward, so presumably not.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I.e. I'm a sheltered weirdo or the most basic of dudebros and I have never been around anything other than other basic dudebros. I've also cultivated my sense of politics from right-leaning YouTube personalities and tumblr. Everything unusual scares me and makes me think I'm threatened. Help me.
Address please!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
FreeKaner

Darling, or should i say - bachelor, that butthurt rating is your obvious projection. All that achieves with me is making you look like someone who cant come up with actual answers or arguments, so you go pressing buttons like an angry little dimwit.
I mean, dark underlord gave you dimwits all these ratings so he gets more engagement out of you and so more clicks, but all it does is make you all look ridiculous and pathetic.

I don't like typing words, it's tiresome.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I know he is bisexual, every romanceable companion is. That doesn't make everything he says gay.
Nobody said it does. It doesnt matter if he is bisexual or not either. What matters is that he is written as an insufferable narcissistic and nymphomaniac slut.
Which you dont know anything about.

And yet you are talking about it.

It also seems pretty easy to summarize it, yeah, that kind of personality seems routinely coming out (get it?) of the woodwork recently.
Good of you to confirm what a dumb cheap superficial narcissistic cretin you are, just as i said.

What woodwork are you coming out from, eh?

damager

Arbiter
Yeah, this isn't a Bioware game, I'm reasonably certain you can complete this without talking to a single companion. I plan to leave many of the new guys never-spoken-to.

Not everyboy is willing to wait for patch 3.0 and read all possible spoilers, to avoid the most obnoxious parts of the game and shouldn't be required to, to somehow suffer the writing. :lol:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, I didn’t realize bragging about the size of your dick was a gay thing. This is going to change my whole approach to picking up women. Thanks guys!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nobody said it does. It doesnt matter if he is bisexual or not either. What matters is that he is written as an insufferable narcissistic and nymphomaniac slut.

Yet he isn't saying anything gay in the posted picture, but you both jumped on that, soooo. Also, I love narcissistic nymphomaniacs, can't wait to get him in my party.

Seethe

Arbiter
You will summarize my whole personality now? :)
Kid, youre too dumb to understand yourself let alone anyone else.

Besides, people who played the game know why they say he is gay... and all you have to go on is that one sentence which you interpret to please yourself and your idiotic sense of self importance.

FreeKaner

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Can anyone of the resident developer stalkers inform us on the family status of each member of the writing team? I'm curious about who is married and who has children.

Carrie and her husband hiren patel are double income no kids scum rest are single and frustrated( Sawyer kate dollahyrde Paul Kirhs are single.... Megan starks is engaged to stephen hawking ugly nerd look a like... i dunno about the guy who wrote Serafen and i dunno about eric festernmaker....

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yet he isn't saying anything gay in the posted picture, but you both jumped on that, soooo. Also, I love narcissistic nymphomaniacs, can't wait to get him in my party.
Hahahaha oh lacrymas,your naivete is so refreshing :),never change mate.

He was poking the waters and making smooth pass.

damager

Arbiter

I guess you regulary tell other men about the size of your penis in the first conversation you meet them. This explains a lot. :lol:

...Aloths quest uncovers some deep and obscure lore related to first game, which I thought was pretty cool...
Another interesting thing about Aloth is, he actually references what player did in PoE. Reactivity! That doesn't seem to be the case with Edér, who got dumbed down to nothing more than animal-loving idiot.

Anyway, I finished the game and the main story was quite shit. It was only like 4 quests, all of them "go there to speak with Eothas" variety. With no real reason to speak with him or even care what he's doing. Before AND after you learn what he's doing.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think we can agree that caste based societies are stupid, but that doesn’t necessarily make this unrealistic. Maybe someone who knows more about India can answer this, but I assume low caste Indians in coastal regions were often left to starve even when food was fairly plentiful. People at the top monopolize resources; the game makes it clear that the low caste Huana need to hand over all of their food to the authorities who then redistribute it, with predictable results. Besides, real world societies do lots of dumb shit that’s harmful to their own people. In India they care more about feeding cows than feeding the poor; it’s kind of idiotic that they won’t just eat those cows, but the cows nevertheless remain uneaten. The Huana have a retarded religion—nothing unrealistic about that.

As for the open land, do the Huana even know intensive agriculture techniques? The Rauatai want to take over because the locals are so damn backward, so presumably not.
There is plenty of real world examples of all sorts of stupidity, including unnecessary famines. Mostly happening in land locked countries, or northern type of countries where agriculture is weak due to climate. Im not sure about india specific events, but its a large subcontinent which is drastically overpopulated and has many other issues.

I guess some weird series of events and idiotic caste system could cause famine even in a huge tropical - to north archipelago like Deadfire, but its really hard to buy.

Especially since there is nothing at all in the writing to even pretend as an excuse.

And the setting and the places we visit are obviously overflowing with food.

All it would take is to say Ondra got angry at us and chased away all the fish. Or maybe... i dunno... Eothas is sucking up all the fish souls too as he goes around. Something. And introduce some real lack of food items in several places. but see, because the developers immediately go into panic mode because imagined masses of players would cry about it, they go for the eat the cake and have it too solutions.

And then it looks fucking stupid.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah, the lack of varied responses is the problem here. He is neither flirting nor saying anything "gay". I guess people are used to the most bland, unremarkable and unnoticeable personalities of the people around them and every deviation from that is somehow unusual, i.e. gay and flirting.

Stop projecting you bi scum im gonna send tesak to you

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not everyboy is willing to wait for patch 3.0 and read all possible spoilers, to avoid the most obnoxious parts of the game and shouldn't be required to, to somehow suffer the writing. :lol:
If someone comes across as a jerk in your first conversation, leave 'em and never return, there you go.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sawyer kate dollahyrde Paul Kirhs are single
Sawyer doesn't believe in marriage or having children, but he hasn't been single in a long time, and Kirsch is married to a fishman fetishist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom