Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How do you know so much about Sawyer's private life?

Fairfax

Arcane
My issue with Tekehu is that if while "chosen one" companion who is full of himself is a neat idea, he actually by far the most useless companion in combat because of terrible attributes. So it is really jarring to hear him boast and brag all the time and then be about as useful as as a submarine in Sahara.
Aloth also has terrible attributes. 12 Perception sucks for a wizard, but it doesn't matter because the game is so easy and many spells are very powerful anyway.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, I get that, but has he ever publically talked about not being single and not believing in marriage and having children? He doesn't seem the type to discuss these matters publically. "Not believing in having children" is kind of a weird stance, does he personally not want children or he thinks nobody should have children? The second one seems extreme.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sawyer doesn't believe in marriage or having children, but he hasn't been single in a long time, and Kirsch is married to a fishman fetishist.

That leaves Kate! I would gladly give her some romance lessons, although I think I may be alone in this. She looks like the token counterculture chick on a police procedural who’s good with computers. Mm mm mmmmm.

He prefers Reis-i Cumhur as title of his position in governmental office.

But probably goes by Sultan es Selatin with his mistress, no? It seems wrong for a head of state not to be able to avail himself of his county’s historic titles. President at work, Padishah of the three cities in bed.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
How do you know so much about Sawyer's private life?
has he ever publically talked about not being single and not believing in marriage and having children? He doesn't seem the type to discuss these matters publically.

I imagine it was one of those side game shows, with not a lot of people. Josh was packing his things after a speech, when young Roguey approached and asked those questions, and got answers much to his delight.

giphy.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yes, I get that, but has he ever publically talked about not being single and not believing in marriage and having children? He doesn't seem the type to discuss these matters publically. "Not believing in having children" is kind of a weird stance, does he personally not want children or he thinks nobody should have children? The second one seems extreme.
I have a local copy of the Sawyerist Bible, which is his old Formspring page.

We have no use for the ceremonial aspects of marriage and I think the civic recognition of marriage should be abandoned.

Ultimately marriage vows are ritualized promises. I don't personally find any value in rituals or promises, but if other people do, I don't begrudge them for indulging.

That said, I don't think civic institutions should have any part in legitimizing or invalidating legal contracts between any number of healthy, consenting adults. I.e. I believe marriage as a legal concept should be dissolved and adult citizens should be allowed to draw up contracts between themselves granting each other the same sorts of legal rights that would normally be provided by marriage. Why should any government regulate such things beyond ensuring that all participants are doing so free from coercion and mental distress?

I think individuals can be good and do good work in spite of the circumstances surrounding them, but I think the societies most of us live in are generally blundering, ignorant, and destructive.

Our population also continues to grow at an insane rate, which, if you think about our per capita consumption of resources, is probably more singularly devastating than any individual behavior in which we partake.

If you live in an industrialized, consumption-based society, I can't think of any socially-celebrated act that causes more environmental destruction than creating more human life.

Whether it's due to immigration or native reproduction, the most consumptive developed nation, the United States, continues to show population growth. And what about developing nations that are continuing to rise in consumption as their populations increase? Short of accounting for a worldwide pandemic, I have never seen a projection of global human population growth that is anything but enormous over the next 40 years. The fear that a smaller, younger population will have to care for a marginally larger, older population seems so insanely trivial compared to the environmental impact of continuing to grow the general population. But as long as the children of the 22nd century enjoy living in a world that looks like the end of The Lorax, I'm sure it will be fine.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
But probably goes by Sultan es Selatin with his mistress, no? It seems wrong for a head of state not to be able to avail himself of his county’s historic titles. President at work, Padishah of the three cities in bed.

He claims not, but knowing he has had himself built a palace and commissioned a mosque in Istanbul, it's a possibility he uses Padishah Sultan Khan as the historic titles go.

Reis-i cumhur in itself is conjugated the old way, so it's not exactly completely modern but rather a traditional name for the modern concept.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Aloth also has terrible attributes. 12 Perception sucks for a wizard, but it doesn't matter because the game is so easy and many spells are very powerful anyway.

Yes, but Aloth isn't an insufferable cunt who can't shut up about how amazing it is. And Tekehu keeps talking how he is the Fish Jesus, a lot of important NPCs claim he is the Fish Jesus, all while he has 10 Perception. Fucking 10. For a caster class. It's beyond moronic.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In case anyone here is interested:

There was a reason I asked about their matrimonial status and children, it's not just to gossip, but I'll explain later.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
why tekehu no personal quest like all other companions

why not just he be a sidekick?

they say that the difference of the side kick and the companion is that companions have quests

but not fishboi

so why is this Mr. Sawyer?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Is it possible to edit the text in city screens as strings or are those pictures? Specifically asking about the info at top right corner because I want to edit the demographics data to a less modern statistics form, one that's entirely text and doesn't have on point numbers and percentages.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Yes, but Aloth isn't an insufferable cunt who can't shut up about how amazing it is. And Tekehu keeps talking how he is the Fish Jesus, a lot of important NPCs claim he is the Fish Jesus, all while he has 10 Perception. Fucking 10. For a caster class. It's beyond moronic.
Speaking about "Fish Jesus" thing, I don't like that player can't choose subclasses for companions, but it atleast it not so tedious fixing *coughs in console* as their mediocre stats. Yeah yeaH, I GET IT "you understand nothing, their stats mirroring their personalities" and other bullshit, but according to this characters should be mediocre villagers from Fool's Village, not to be a "Fish Jesus" for Fish People or genious animanser, Leaden's ex-agent, ambassador from Republics and etc. Sorry, maybe I don't understand something, but it's bugs me so much....just bugs me as fucking crew healing bug.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

There was a reason I asked about their matrimonial status and children, it's not just to gossip, but I'll explain later.

We should do a codex fundraiser for you. And I am serious.

Are you planning to add a "donate via paypal" button, anywhere?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom