Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Diplomat: Complete the game without killing any kith. (5 new game points)

Holy shit, how is this possible?
I do remember that everything alive is kith in this broken game. Don't know if the kill stat is party based or person based. It would be possible to let all the party members do the job.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
All of the "complete the game using such and such" are very easy because you can rush endgame in half an hour.

Shadenuat

Arcane

I do remember that everything alive is kith in this broken game. Don't know if the kill stat is party based or person based. It would be possible to let all the party members do the job.
I always thought everything in the game is a vessel or a spirit because if you kill anything with your legendary sabre that spawns an imp on killing vessel or a spirit... it just does

as for "finish game nekked lol" it's all garbage as it doesn't fix real issues with combat and encounters. You can do it without developers giving you points for that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I always thought everything in the game is a vessel or a spirit because if you kill anything with your legendary sabre that spawns an imp on killing vessel or a spirit... it just does

as for "finish game nekked lol" it's all garbage as it doesn't fix real issues with combat and encounters. You can do it without developers giving you points for that.
Well the soulbound items did get that kith killing number by killing most things. Even killing some worms or whatever in the under city was pumping my number. Most likely Obsidian didn't bother having different classifications for the enemy. Maybe with patches was fixed,don't know.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
If the whole game's quality was like gullet and fort deadlight, this game would be a really good game. Gullet also seems to have good writing overall as well, I wonder who wrote this area.

Maybe Obsidian's team is at their element when they do the struggles of the downtrudden moreso than creating epic stories and journeys.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Why couldn't they just make a simple turn-based Ship Combat system, using the game's overworld camera (as is currently).

Same shit as how it is right now, except imagine when another little ship comes close the game pauses and you take turns exchanging fire in the overworld map view. Probably would've taken less time to cobble together than writing all those garbage descriptions.

EDIT: Could've implemented a cannonball firing angle where you use the mouse to decide angle/pitch before firing the little cannon.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

I have tried at leas5t six times to beat that gang when exiting the tavern and I die very time. :argh: The new patch has made combat way too difficult so I will be taking a break from the game and probably restarting without picking veteran/expert. They really ruined this experience after I spent 30 hours getting to the city that now I have to restart the game on a lower difficulty and s pend another 30 hours getting back to the city. The last week of school is this week for my kids so probably won't get around to starting a new game until July but we have vacation and camping coming up too so I will try and get as much replayed as I can before then but then there is the dlc and all the great new content that has been released since my last play in May so idk if it would be best to just wait or not because I do not want to play another 30hrs to get to the city and there is some new update after that making me restart all over again.

Have a good summer everyone. :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Challenges look fun, definitely gonna try some of them for a replay.

If the whole game's quality was like gullet and fort deadlight, this game would be a really good game. Gullet also seems to have good writing overall as well, I wonder who wrote this area.

Maybe Obsidian's team is at their element when they do the struggles of the downtrudden moreso than creating epic stories and journeys.

I think it's just because Gullet and Fort Deadlight fit the setting perfectly. Every time Obsidian abandon all the woo-woo mystical bullshit and just go for an "M-rated Monkey Island" kind of vibe, the result is excellent.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Someone at the Obsidian's official forum found some of the upcoming Margran's Fire challenge info:

Challenge The Gods: Complete the game with a God Challenge enabled. (5 new game points)

Challenge The Pantheon: Complete the game with all God Challenges enabled. (10 new game points)

Expert Mode: Complete the game on Expert Mode. (2 new game points)

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Naked Run: Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat. (5 new game points)
No Rest for the Pro: Complete the game with fewer than 10 rests. (5 new game points)
Path of the Damned: Complete the game on Path of the Damned Mode. (5 new game points)
Trial of Iron: Complete the game on Trial of Iron Mode. 5 new game points)
Triple Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes. (10 new game points)
Triple Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions. (10 new game points)
Zero Knockouts: Complete the game without any party members falling unconscious during combat. (5 new game points)

Seems like no achievement for "finish the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions and without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat." though.
There is enough points already to get. And nothing to spend them on.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The alternative solutions are commendable, yes, but other than that it's indeed nothing special. It's the same thing with Raedric's, the only good thing about it is alternative paths.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is PoE2 suffering from the same XP bloat income from PoE1 where you reached the level cap way too early?
Did they balanced it in any way if so?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i hit the level cap fairly late because i couldn't be bothered to cash in quests

nevertheless unfortunately the level cap is 20 while the game almost runs out of challenges around 12, so...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Tikawara is a classic example of bad narrative design, though. Everyone tells you are they are starving and running out of koiki fruit, but it doesn't seem like it. One of the quests there should've been about going to get the last koiki fruit in a dangerous place on the island and then noticing they are distributing it to the higher caste, while the lowest one continue to starve. Missed opportunity and the "choice" doesn't seem meaningful even without included consequences. Obs don't know how to present a narrative and the themes they want to explore, they like to bombard you with text explaining everything, but it's all trivial when you don't see the actual result of them. The Gullet is maybe the only place where you can see they are starving, being thrown into the Old City, lacking medicine and food, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom