Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The game could have been so much better if they had made it better:
- no corny companions
- throw away the VO
- put more efffort into composing a good musical score
- add more complex reactivity to quests, factions backstabbing each other, resolving a quest for one faction affects the quests of another, etc, a la Age of Decadence.
- ... continue the list...

Still can't believe they put the money up for full VO instead of focusing on other areas. I guess like a lot of other "incline" devs they were looking to spread interest to the kiddos, but I really think less people care than they think.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game could have been so much better if they had made it better:
- no corny companions
- throw away the VO
- put more efffort into composing a good musical score
- add more complex reactivity to quests, factions backstabbing each other, resolving a quest for one faction affects the quests of another, etc, a la Age of Decadence.
- ... continue the list...

Alas, that's the best Obsidian can do right now, at least with this budget, though when it comes to writing and quest design, throwing more money only helps so far.
10 millions and this is what they could do with it?! They have done a lot better games with smaller budged,it is not the money,it is the lack of talent. Also having no companions will make the game even smaller and won't fix the writing. Actually removing the VO could have made the game better,too many things are tailored to it. But still shit writing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Cause it's fun this way.

And you don't have to build them optimally. You don't have to play 6 chanters.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah but you don't get the fun of equipping drog and letting them charge alone and naked in a hoard of undead.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe I'm just old, but I don't see why the writers decided to add multiple sexually charged comment options in the initial dialogue.
I think this is just underestimating the intelligence of the audience, or simply bad skills in writing making someone go for the shock factor.

This is not that game you play with companions, you make your own party, and go around killing stuff.
Yep, I've been saying this long before it was released. This way of playing has its good sides.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Someone at the Obsidian's official forum found some of the upcoming Margran's Fire challenge info:

Challenge The Gods: Complete the game with a God Challenge enabled. (5 new game points)

Challenge The Pantheon: Complete the game with all God Challenges enabled. (10 new game points)

Diplomat: Complete the game without killing any kith. (5 new game points)

Expert Mode: Complete the game on Expert Mode. (2 new game points)

Holy Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled. (20 new game points)

Holy Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned with all God Challenges enabled while not taking any Companions. (20 new game points)

Naked Run: Complete the game without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat. (5 new game points)
No Rest for the Pro: Complete the game with fewer than 10 rests. (5 new game points)
Path of the Damned: Complete the game on Path of the Damned Mode. (5 new game points)
Trial of Iron: Complete the game on Trial of Iron Mode. 5 new game points)
Triple Crown: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes. (10 new game points)
Triple Crown Solo: Complete the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions. (10 new game points)
Zero Knockouts: Complete the game without any party members falling unconscious during combat. (5 new game points)

Seems like no achievement for "finish the game on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes while not taking any new companions and without wearing any armor, boots, gloves, helmets, or accessories in combat." though.

Well, Adam says this is out of date and no longer correct.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Well there are around 100 people that watch it now,can't seeing it being a big sell.

121 people right now, that's a big difference buddy, how dare you say that this game is not popular, how absolutely dare you sir!

No wait, that's 122, we are reaching for the stars baby:lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
2.0 or 1.2? Also, I didn't know this was news. I just assumed they would do it this way, one thing gives more popularity to the other.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well there are around 100 people that watch it now,can't seeing it being a big sell.

121 people right now, that's a big difference buddy, how dare you say that this game is not popular, how absolutely dare you sir!

No wait, that's 122, we are reaching for the stars baby:lol:
You liar,it is 132! But in reality it was 131 because i was there to check the number.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There'll be another stream in two weeks, same time.

Amazing what firing your shitty marketing guy can change!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Infinitron You do need a better sense of humour mate. It is not like i am trolling an interesting stream with a half legit question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom