Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
Hel? I didn't think Eora had that concept.

Also getting Eothas feel from this. And twitter says "Return", which might just mean that PoE returns or could refer in some capacity to Eothas.

Obviously they mean Hel in poland:

zdjecie,pelne,496300,20140704,hel-zdobyty.jpg

-WOCazy0fQtPati-J9I4N4tDXb973K3EuyvCXbueheWWctsJzAfrsPOVTT-XSokzzqlpnf8SQUqAOyW6x4thYKA93QKpZaTa0jZR8nFkpIFGdunV-XOnM0k5FQZxAjrfIA

Obviously Eastern Europe is part of setting where those kind of creatures live:

No-friend-Slavsquat.-Our-surprisingly-ergonomic-position-to-which-the-_46894226c9cb340c7dfd14a8e7114f2b.jpg

Quillon

Arcane
And twitter says "Return", which might just mean that PoE returns or could refer in some capacity to Eothas.

Return of the WATCHER bitches. /Some wanted new character.

Tho its about Eothas.

Ivan

Arcane
...i thought the gods were just ancillary figments of one's faith? they've never proven to be corporeal, yes?

hajro

Arbiter
>Deadfire archipelago is probably volcanic
>its being active a lot recently
>it must be the gods
>lul

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
...i thought the gods were just ancillary figments of one's faith? they've never proven to be corporeal, yes?
In the White March you see a flash back where Abydon physically manifests to protect a city. (of course he gets btfo moments later)

In fact, you may even run across his skeleton.

Perkel

Arcane

Yes and No. Yes they are creation of someone but at the same time their power is real.

Which is imo fantastic concept as it gives a looot of fucking ways in which storytellers can outright make someone god in believable way without breaking internal rules.

Though i would love if they would be non satient or some of them not being satient.

But that is the thing. With such concept you can always add and remove gods as you want. Welcome to valian republic here we have 3 non satient gods who fight each other in XYUZ canyon.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I.e. classes need more identity.

Yes and No. Yes they are creation of someone but at the same time their power is real.

Actually, that's not made clear, I think they were programmed to not be able to physically affect the world, but I might be wrong.

hajro

Arbiter
Not like its an original concept, even fookin Berserk plays with this.

Perkel

Arcane
Actually, that's not made clear, I think they were programmed to not be able to physically affect the world, but I might be wrong.

That is false. You literally meet one god in fucking bottle or something in middle of nowhere. Whole ending is just direct communication with gods.

It might be more. I just started PoE playtrough since i just played vanilla 1.0 at release 1,5 times only.

Lacrymas

Arcane
That is false. You literally meet one god in fucking bottle or something in middle of nowhere. Whole ending is just direct communication with gods.

Yes, they can communicate and manifest avatars, but other than that they can't affect anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, they can communicate and manifest avatars, but other than that they can't affect anything.

You may not be aware of what happens if you break your vow to one of the gods in the ending. :M

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, I know, the game constantly contradicts itself on that. Them granting you levitation is also one such thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom