Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”
I guess they took all the hate for the stronghold to heart.

--

If it builds on the White March design, I will back this. Still, I am hesitant to use Fig.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Really hoping the announcement is more than what's been leaked.

Gameplay footage will commence.

6 hours.
C3EPvkeUMAAmZfv.jpg:large

I like how Obsidian are acting as if Polygon leak hasn't happened. They are just doing things like they've planned to. Autism level over 9000.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck me, is that what they are going for? Eothas returning in that statue? ............................. Why would he return at all? And why is he a Power Rangers antagonist?

I think you are confused.

PC and his character group will be pursuing him to thank him for destroying that piece of garbage called stronghold.

After than everyone will retire. Pellagina will lay eggs, PC will hang Aloth on nearest tree, Eder will go away smiling into sunset and so on.

I like how Obsidian are acting as if Polygon leak hasn't happened. They are just doing things like they've planned to. Autism level over 9000.

It is called NDA for a reason. Press was briefed beforehand and they were told to publish material on xyz time. This also probably goes not only for American press but worldwide and i have no doubt Paradox will also be doing PR which means they also will have some kind of contract with Obsidian.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
And everyone in the Dyrwood laughed at followers of Eothas. Look who's laughing now (i.e., definitely not Durance).

Edit: Let me get this straight. Fig offers equity to unsophisticated investors?

Investing
Gamers and others can invest in Fig, and receive Fig Game Shares™, which will pay distributions based on Fig's right to sales receipts from a particular Fig game. Each series of Fig Game Shares will track the potential future sales receipts of a particular game to which Fig has a right and will pay distributions based on those amounts, if and when they are generated. Proceeds from Fig Game Shares are used by Fig to fund its operations generally, and to help develop and publish all of our games. In certain circumstances, we may offer LLC units or other securities that are similar, but not identical, to Fig Game Shares.

We encourage all interested investors to understand the risks and rewards of investing in Fig and picking a particular Fig Game Share series. More information about Fig, the games we publish, and the Fig Game Shares can be found in the investment materials that relate to each game and in our SEC filings.

Kek. Why would game developers willingly subject themselves to this? U.S. securities laws are not fun. I took securities laws ages ago, but I remember there being a lot of pitfalls for reporting requirements, disclaimers, and private vs. public sales. Attorneys often have to carry extra malpractice insurance, because the laws are so treacherous at times.

If they are on Edgar, they obviously did their homework. Still, you have a mix of unsophisticated investors, a weak disclaimer system, and a vague reference to securities that can be either LLC units or "other" securities. This sounds like a recipe for a lawsuit.

Last edited:

Jezal_k23

DAMN I woke up to the title and screenshots leaked and everything. FUCKING EXCITING

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
And everyone in the Dyrwood laughed at followers of Eothas. Look who's laughing now (i.e., definitely not Durance).

Of course he doesn't laugh. He burned himself to death.

I want more PoE and I know I'll buy it eventually. Not very hyped for, doubt very much it will be something intriguing. Rather something with guaranteed quality and satisfaction and broken difficulty curve.

PrettyDeadman

I like how you are acting as if people didn't already know what PoE2 will be announced before Polygon leak happened. Autism level over 9000.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Edit: Let me get this straight. Fig offers equity to unsophisticated investors?

Investing
Gamers and others can invest in Fig, and receive Fig Game Shares™, which will pay distributions based on Fig's right to sales receipts from a particular Fig game. Each series of Fig Game Shares will track the potential future sales receipts of a particular game to which Fig has a right and will pay distributions based on those amounts, if and when they are generated. Proceeds from Fig Game Shares are used by Fig to fund its operations generally, and to help develop and publish all of our games. In certain circumstances, we may offer LLC units or other securities that are similar, but not identical, to Fig Game Shares.

We encourage all interested investors to understand the risks and rewards of investing in Fig and picking a particular Fig Game Share series. More information about Fig, the games we publish, and the Fig Game Shares can be found in the investment materials that relate to each game and in our SEC filings.

Kek. Why would game developers willingly subject themselves to this? U.S. securities laws are not fun. I took securities laws ages ago, but I remember there being a lot of pitfalls for reporting requirements, disclaimers, and private vs. public sales. Attorneys often have to carry extra malpractice insurance, because the laws are so treacherous at times.

If they are on Edgar, they obviously did their homework. Still, you have a mix of unsophisticated investors, a weak disclaimer system, and a vague reference to securities that can be either LLC units or "other" securities. This sounds like a recipe for a lawsuit.
From what I understand of how Fig works, Fig opens a new company for each project, that company gets all money from investors and backers and they become a "publisher" for the devs. Devs later pay back money they owe from their earnings to this company who distributes it to everyone else (and take their cut). Devs never get to deal with investors directly.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Protip: If you see a thread that's gotten a lot longer than you remember it being yesterday, chances are that somebody has already posted what you've seen

Turjan

Arcane
Do you know what time it is in California? I guess most people sleep.

Jezal_k23

What's the deal with Fig? How is it different from KS? What does it mean that they're looking for $1.1 million, $2.25 million open for equity?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's the deal with Fig? How is it different from KS? What does it mean that they're looking for $1.1 million, $2.25 million open for equity?

It means the game is open to up to $2.25M of investment, which count towards the $1.1M funding goal. From your perspective as a normal backer, it doesn't mean anything other than that the game gets funded faster.

Protip: If you see a thread that's gotten a lot longer than you remember it being yesterday, chances are that somebody has already posted what you've seen
I checked, only the first screen was posted. Maybe they gave link to articles with other, but it doesn't count.

Heh, here you go: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...cial-announcement.108836/page-22#post-4932327

2house2fly

Magister

Kind of feels like Avellone is taking a certain glee in the accidental leak of the news... especially when his tweet comes right after Obsidian's re: "12 hours"

Then again, it's out on the interwebs now, so I guess it's fair game. :)
lol yeah, I like how given his antipathy towards Obsidian and his lack of enthusiasm for any game they've ever made his only possible motive for tweeting this can be "haha obsidian will HATE this"

Right, I figured he would stick around in Dyrwood to get revenge for Waidwen's death and take over as god-king. Maybe he finds the time to do some of that too before leaving.
revenge Isn't his style, I bet he's a bunch of godly essence but with no real consciousness right now so he's just roaming around aimlessly

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
He seemed to have some will at the end of PoE.

He's probably got some problem with happenings in Deadfire, same as the ones that made him reform Readceras.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wait, so the story is Eothas comes back and steals your soul and you must go after him?
Where have I seen the exact same thing before? I'm sure he won't possess Edér and have you fight him for an emotional final fight or anything. hmmmmmmm

Anyway, someone was talking about a colab between Obs and InXile. Any meat to that? I fucking hope not.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Character models do look like clay though. They were pretty shitty in 1 as well. They should also fix the robot-like synchronised march they have going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom