Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The story about Waidwen is the best part of the main plot in PoE, so I can't say I'm unhappy with the decision to focus on that

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm really curious how they are going to handle the big picture decisions, especially restoring Abydon and giving the souls to Woedica. Those should probably have pretty big impact since it seems like you'll be getting involved with the gods a lot more.
The story about Waidwen is the best part of the main plot in PoE, so I can't say I'm unhappy with the decision to focus on that
I agree, but can't help feeling it would have been better with Waidwen or someone like him than with a giant statue.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh has a new location on Twitter:

fxz8eRZ.png

VTC - Vailian Trading Company?

A giant statue. Is this for real?

Anyway, after PoE the only thing about this that I'm looking forward to is another review drama. The review and the resulting thread were way more fun than that game. Hope Roxor will be around again to rip it a new one. I suppose it could actually turn out good, but somehow I doubt it. Too much bad baggage from the first game for me to be optimistic.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I wouldn't be surprised if the giant statue thing is just the start, and Eothas was just housed inside it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Thank you so much for coming to check out Pillars of Eternity II. If you are a returning backer - thank you, thank you, thank you. If you are new, welcome! We're glad to have you.

The Pillars of Eternity II Team

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F1e4c276382bce1a6f17f102474f7f26c5d4a32e6%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1485409620

Eothas has returned. The god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia. Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroyed your stronghold and left you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers - answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.

Shaky.gif

Your hunt takes you to the Deadfire Archipelago. Located even farther east than the colonies of the Eastern Reach, Deadfire comprises hundreds of islands spanning thousands of miles - ranging from lush tropics to barren deserts. Many of these lands have never been charted, while others are inhabited by rich native cultures and a new wave of colonial settlers.

Obsidian Entertainment proudly presents the sequel to our crowdfunded and critically-acclaimed role-playing game, Pillars of Eternity. Welcome to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. With Pillars II, we are revisiting the rich narrative, beautiful environments, and tactical combat that made Pillars of Eternity one of the highest-rated PC games of all time. Having a development team of over 77,000 people made the first game possible, but your feedback and community support made it amazing! Our team wants to take you on a second journey to Eora. We couldn't be more excited to get all of you involved in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F00989e1eacb3e3a8e183dcb4583c101dfe56ee59%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1485409620

Explore Deadfire

Voyage by land and sea across the myriad islands of Deadfire to discover new cultures and environments. Help to resolve a multi-layered conflict between the locals, ambitious trading companies, and bands of fierce pirates while following in the footsteps of Eothas.

docks.gif

A Living, Breathing World

The people of Deadfire have lives of their own, jobs to do, and appointments to keep. They will carry on with their affairs even when you're not watching. If you don’t find the street gang in their usual haunt, a street urchin might be persuaded to tell you that at night you’ll find them at their flop house.

New and Returning Companions

While some familiar faces will be returning, Deadfire will also present a fresh crop of travelers with stories of their own. Companions are tightly intertwined with the fate of Eothas and the Deadfire and will change based on the player's choices over the course of the story.

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2Fd18fac19b427e380c3cb3d763ad6bf811fd5aafb%2Foriginal.png%3F1485305578

Enhanced Reactivity

Continue the story you began as the Watcher of Caed Nua in Pillars of Eternity, and see how your decisions and actions in the Dyrwood persist in Deadfire.

Dynamic Weather

In addition to the rich and diverse environments, Pillars II will feature intense and immersive dynamic weather. Rains, fierce winds and sandstorms are among the harsher conditions that are commonplace in Deadfire. You’ll even hear the rain pounding on the roof when you go inside.

waterfall.gif

And, There's More

A new dynamic lighting and shadows engine bringing even more life to characters in the world, every spells and abilities revised new visual effects working in concert with the new lighting and shadow, scripted interactions that let you easily choose who participates, all new interfaces for inventory and dialog, new creatures, and much, much more.

Why We're Asking For Your Help
In addition to localizing the game in both French and German languages, funding this campaign allows us to include multiclassing. This would offer players and companions alike the chance to branch their available skills over time, opening the way for more opportunities for the role-playing and customization that our fans deserve. Choice, as ever, is vital to the experience of role-playing games. By taking levels in multiple classes, your characters will be able to evolve in new and unique ways.

We're already working hard on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. So far, we've been funding the game on the success of Pillars of Eternity. This has given us the freedom to start creating an amazing story – one that we're excited to share. With your support, we can make Pillars of Eternity II the best role-playing game it can possibly be.

Check back with us early and often! We’ll be regularly updating this page with news, design info, and answers to your questions in the Comments section.

From all of us at Obsidian, thank you so much for your continued support!

Jezal_k23

Whoa, the visuals look breathtaking. Looks legit great in motion, and if they fixed the loading times on top of it, as they say they did... then damn. I'm impressed.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Whoa, the visuals look breathtaking. Looks legit great in motion, and if they fixed the loading times on top of it, as they say they did... then damn. I'm impressed.

My impression precisely. The lighting engine and shaders were both improved significantly (on the figures at least) and they definitely don't look like "clay". Cool idle animations too, Edér fiddling with his pipe and stuff...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom