Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Is it just me or do all male character models have really retarded square figures?

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Oh boy, waiting for this game is like sitting on a rollercoaster. I am optimistic and happy when I see the updates the devs posted about the beta, and get all :negative: when I read this thread about how they fucked up.

Well, keep in mind the game will get polished a lot more until release (whenever that turns out to be, I personally hope they postpone it to Q1 2015 atleast) which can make all difference in the world when it comes to gameplay and you'll also have (I hope) Sensuki modding it into a much more enjoyable experience.

On top of that, you'll have Obsidian stellar writing, C&C, nicely illustrated CYOA parts, interesting reputation system, great visuals, a possibly interesting setting (which can be taken in more wierd/unique directions in expansion/sequel) etc.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So decided to try this new version that came out a few days ago.

Load save game doesn't work for me. Nice.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Wasn't this supposed to happen? Health gets boosted to 4x and then stamina and health damage are equal.

nope, i don't think that this was intended. your companion's health bar looks like this 700/210, while the pc's is capped correctly.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
weird. i tested it on hard plus normal and thought that it was present in both difficulty levels. whatever, i hope the next build is ready soon.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Found Ray Muzyka's NPC .. familiar name anyone? :P Davaeorn.

3e5Ngg6.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
God, this game is pretty.
But that UI though. Ugh.

Yep. There are beauty spots. But overall, I never expected the game to reach IE-quality in the painted graphics. Playing it aesthetically feels like IWD meets ToEE, which is not a bad thing. Those are pretty much my two favourite games of all time, graphically speaking. Well, I liked spell effects and such better in the BGs, but you know what I mean.

Sensuki

Arcane
Productive day for me: 13 bug threads, some with multiple bugs each (particularly character art one) reported in one day, plus couple suggestion threads

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom