Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

ArchAngel

Arcane
He just said "Most people seem to play combat in slow mode." WTF? Who uses that shit?

I set it to automatically enter slow mode in the options and never turned back.

Normal is way too fast for me.
I also mostly played it in slow mode whenever combat was harder.
Due to shit engagement system and every character having its own turn timers it was impossible to play efficiently on normal speed.

Aenra

Nothing new, but if this was turn-based, i'd be all over it. Obsidian's really starting to piss me off. What the fuck is it with this obsession of theirs?*
We don't get many RPGs, not in the "AAA" scale of things. It's a fucking shame knowing that Obsidian=NO and no matter what, lol

* Random, but i think it was in Baldur's Gate? The first one? Anyway, in the manual, there was this whole section about RTwP, how, why, what it takes to make, set and work with the time units and how they relate to combat turns. And i remember reading it and wondering why the fuck would some geek go into all this trouble, when a) we had something better, b) it obviously resulted in something sub-par. Just did not compute.
Nineteen years later, i'm still fucking wondering.

Fucking idiots. Edit: But good luck to them all the same.. we need the competition. Still think they're dumbfucks though.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I looked over the investors page it doesn't really strike me as a great deal. How many units did PoE move? It would be one thing if they were expecting, say a million sales at the assumed prices in the next year. Otherwise people should probably just invest their money elsewhere rather than pour it into some sketchy platform like Fig.

Flou

Arbiter
I looked over the investors page it doesn't really strike me as a great deal. How many units did PoE move? It would be one thing if they were expecting, say a million sales at the assumed prices in the next year. Otherwise people should probably just invest their money elsewhere rather than pour it into some sketchy platform like Fig.

They are close to selling 1 million copies of the game. ~900k according to SteamSpy + GOG.

No Ziets, No Chris and No Eric F. in PoE 2 ==> basically guarantees that Piles of Shiternity will have millions of words of "writing" describing bears and what not.

I hate PoE combat (RTwP and no xp) but I admit, its writing had its moments (was mostly directionless and banal though).

Flou

Arbiter
No Ziets, No Chris and No Eric F. in PoE 2 ==> basically guarantees that Piles of Shiternity will have millions of words of "writing" describing bears and what not.

I hate PoE combat (RTwP and no xp) but I admit, its writing had its moments (was mostly directionless and banal though).

Eric actually participated in the pre-production phase and is most likely a stretch goal.

dukeofwhales

Cipher

there's no way fig is a Good Investment if you're looking at returns alone. it's targeting the Notch-types who want to help games they are interested in get made and maybe make their money back on the side.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
she actually sounded competent and articulate.

B-but she's a lady. With an unconventional hair style. Surely this is the worst thing to ever happen to the video game industry.

This. What the fuck is people's problem with Carrie Patel? Oh, she's a woman! KILL KILL KILL! DURRRRR DURRR DURRRR!

She should be promoted to lead designer because she is a woman who suffers from male chauvinism. This will ensure her undying loyalty and possibly a blowjob, right? It's very important to control women so that the male chauvinists don't get the chance. I have a gay friend who's good with women, and he's black.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom