Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i get stressed out when a game doesn't include an option to speed up animations. walking is literally the last possible thing I would want in any game simply because it means I'm going slower than running.

i got super used to playing PoE 1 in Triple Speed (available via IEMod, basically fast mode but faster) so when I watch these PoE 2 videos I always go "wow, it's so slow".

But, whatever, it's not like adding a walk toggle will remove other stuff from the game so I don't care in the end. I do take issue with the people who think it's integral to "role-playing" though, because it smacks of simulationism faggottry, which goes against the fundamental abstraction inherent to actual role-playing in RPGs.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
So you against people who think different than you, even if they not able anyhow to spoil your fun? And since then being able to walk in game against role-playing? I don't get it. I mean walking not goes somehow against abstraction, because abstraction and absolute is different things. I feel that I missing something.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
This is what we do on the Codex, we argue about what constitutes an RPG, and fighting for walking as an essential ingredient is one of the dumbest lines I've seen taken in years so it triggered my Moron Indicator. It signals that the person has their priorities out of whack and almost certainly doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

I have no problem with walkingfags who recognize it is a meaningless aesthetic choice with no bearing on the quality of the game though!

: )

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
This is what we do on the Codex, we argue about what constitutes an RPG, and fighting for walking as an essential ingredient is one of the dumbest lines I've seen taken in years so it triggered my Moron Indicator. It signals that the person has their priorities out of whack and almost certainly doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

I have no problem with walkingfags who recognize it is a meaningless aesthetic choice with no bearing on the quality of the game though!

: )
I just tried to understand whats going on, because I was offline some time. Sorry, just your post was hard to understand to me with my level of English (but I am trying to improve it) and I asked what you meant, maybe in weird way but still. Personally I not care about walking/run until it not influence on gameplay, if there influence - there should be walk/run switch.

what about skeletal pirates?

What about ghost pirates
What about zombie pirates
What about fire demon pirates

Guess that depends on what the skeleton does in its undeath. In a lot of fiction, particularly with skeletal undead, they are described as still mindlessly following the patterns they had when alive, even though such activities no longer make sense. Mindlessly continuing to indulge in banditry seems fairly reasonable

If you see a skeleton trying to jerk off

That skeleton is me

Don't kill me, bro un-life is bad enough

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do walking grognards speedhack the game's animations so they can preserve the roleplay of strolling around at the same time as finishing their in less than a year :thinking:

Can you equip a pistol and 1 handed weapon in the beta? Did Sawyer ever said something like that or am I remembering wrong/letting my whisful thinking get the best of me?

Elex

Arbiter
what about skeletal pirates?

What about ghost pirates
What about zombie pirates
What about fire demon pirates

Guess that depends on what the skeleton does in its undeath. In a lot of fiction, particularly with skeletal undead, they are described as still mindlessly following the patterns they had when alive, even though such activities no longer make sense. Mindlessly continuing to indulge in banditry seems fairly reasonable

If you see a skeleton trying to jerk off

That skeleton is me

Don't kill me, bro un-life is bad enough
this is one of the greatest mistery of necromancy, skeleton have sexual impulse?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's interesting how many times I've had to link this comic in this forum, lol -

tibia.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have a key I will give away in a few hours. I'll do a raffle when I get back.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

It should go to someone who will actually give feedback, not just want to play it early, but if you don't care about that, then I'm in as well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In, I have to see this trainwreck come to fruition. Besides Prime Junta seems to be dead and does not speak of shortcomings of the game anymore.

Hmmm:

Prime Junta was last seen:

Yesterday at 7:25 PM

Last post on December 2.

The man's probably just on vacation and checking the forum with his phone once in a while.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

In, I have to see this trainwreck come to fruition. Besides Prime Junta seems to be dead and does not speak of shortcomings of the game anymore.

Hmmm:

Prime Junta was last seen:

Yesterday at 7:25 PM

Last post on December 2.

The man's probably just on vacation and checking the forum with his phone once in a while.

Yeah he's most likely on vacation and buried deep into works of literary genius Robert Kurvitz.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's kind of the point. But I can't really tell who wants to give feedback or not. I'm going to get some food and roll in half an hour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom