Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

Max Edge

I haven't plan to buy it, but i saw this:

portrait_ydwin_lg.png

And this:

portrait_fessina_lg.png

An this...

Pallegina-POE2.png

So, now I don't want to buy it even more

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Edge

www.gry-online.pl (the biggest polish site about video games) : 9.5 / 10

The king has returned. Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is for RPG's what The Witcher 3 is for action RPG's. PoE combines the breadth and essence of Baldur's Gate 2 and the freedom to explore of Fallout, while serving a modern and ambiguous story.

:shredder:

GOL. Silly place, where Andromeda got 8,5 and Inquisition 9,5 (with "Best 2014 game" title).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
They gave Boilerplate a review code, huh?
The Verdict: 9.5
The Good:

• Best real-time-with-pause combat I’ve ever experienced
  • Great story, tons of sidequests, massive amount of content
  • Ship management and naval combat are brilliantly implemented
  • Improved character creation systems allow for more depth than before
The Bad:

• Easy to become over-leveled
  • Getting sidetracked due to insane amount of sidequests
  • Don’t play a straight woman unless you enjoy celibacy
http://nichegamer.com/reviews/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-review/

Max Edge

They gave Boilerplate a review code, huh?
The Verdict: 9.5
The Good:

• Best real-time-with-pause combat I’ve ever experienced
  • Great story, tons of sidequests, massive amount of content
  • Ship management and naval combat are brilliantly implemented
  • Improved character creation systems allow for more depth than before
The Bad:

• Easy to become over-leveled
  • Getting sidetracked due to insane amount of sidequests
http://nichegamer.com/reviews/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-review/

Quote from review:

"Serafen, the male Orlan pirate, mentions how he desired to have an attractive man share his bunk with him. Aloth, our famously nerdy wizard, meets his old gay lover in a brothel and has an awkward conversation while you watch idly by. The second in command of the pirates guild – who wants you to conspire with her to overthrow the corrupt male who runs it – also asked to sleep with my female monk the first time I met her.

The most shocking of these inclusions would be a merchant in Delver’s Row that looked to be a man, but when I talked to the mind-reading vithrack in the next room, I found out that he was really a “she”, and was transgender. Though, to be perfectly frank, I thought that was handled humorously and hidden deep enough in a secondary quest so as to not be too jarring.

Now it could be that all the characters are designed to be bisexual and can be romanced by either a male or female main character…which while I understand it, I think it cheapens the roleplaying. Fallout 4 did this and I didn’t approve of it there, either.

Of course, it would’ve been nice if they let my female monk at least have a boyfriend. Eder rejected her, Aloth rejected her, and Serafen never even bothered…yet every female PC and NPC were drooling over my bedsheets and begging to be let inside. It left a bad taste in my mouth and held the game back from being the full-fledged RPG experience I wanted it to be.

It was also the same exact problem I had with Dragon Age: Inquisition, only as a male main character. Though at least there, the ugly elf with the bad accent offered herself up once. Not that my hero took her up on it.

It seems every single western CRPG is being written by jaded cat-lady lesbians in their early 30s who absolutely refuse to allow female main characters to procreate out of envy that they themselves cannot do the same. Sort of like Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, which had every female NPC offering to sleep with my female elf mere minutes from joining, but not a single male even so much as sniffing the air around her.

I know, it’s funny, but it’s also depressingly sad that it has come to this."

"Nuanced romances". All romances just happen to be bisexual (#immersion). Characters seem to want to bang after a few conversations. Eder -who is otherwise 100% straight- rejects female player characters no matter what, but is apparently okay going half-gay for Iselmyr inside Aloth (Yes, this is apparently a thing).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sawyer is personally against playersexual characters but he said he left it up to the writers to determine their characters' sexuality and they're all allegedly loud and proud bisexuals. Obsidian is dead, etc.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Quote from review:

"Serafen, the male Orlan pirate, mentions how he desired to have an attractive man share his bunk with him. Aloth, our famously nerdy wizard, meets his old gay lover in a brothel and has an awkward conversation while you watch idly by. The second in command of the pirates guild – who wants you to conspire with her to overthrow the corrupt male who runs it – also asked to sleep with my female monk the first time I met her.

It seems every single western CRPG is being written by jaded cat-lady lesbians in their early 30s who absolutely refuse to allow female main characters to procreate out of envy that they themselves cannot do the same. Sort of like Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, which had every female NPC offering to sleep with my female elf mere minutes from joining, but not a single male even so much as sniffing the air around her.

Lol. Did they hire those Beamdog writers?

If this is not a joke i think i'm done with Obsidian. I pay devs for games i could easly pirate mostly just out of respect and support. But wasting time on shoehorning this type of crap and delivering a broken game on release... No wonder why the sane man left this ship.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah. The game is filled with strong-independent-women-walking-clichees and transgender stereotypes. They went overboard with this shit.

Anyway, it seems that quests progression is fucked up: if you sequence break a quest then there is a chance that you will not be able to finish it in your terms. It happened twice to me.

I'm not sure 100% but I think this is poor quest design instead of some sophisticated form of retarded C&C.

Grab the Codex by the pussy

:positive:

Wizfall

Cipher
I liked PoE 1 a lot...but not until the game was patched.
General overall improvements provided by patches + the DLc improve it so much it completely change my perception of it from being a "nice try" but very average game to really good.
So while i have much expectation for PoE 2 and would like to play it right now i'm gonna wait for all the DLC are out or at least numerous patches kicks in.
I usually don't mind waiting but this means at the minimum a six months delay which is quite a lot.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked PoE 1 a lot...but not until the game was patched.
General overall improvements provided by patches + the DLc improve it so much it completely change my perception of it from being a "nice try" but very average game to really good.
So while i have much expectation for PoE 2 and would like to play it right now i'm gonna wait for all the DLC are out or at least numerous patches kicks in.
I usually don't mind waiting but this means at the minimum a six months delay which is quite a lot.
Same here. I'm eager to experience it, but I'm sure the game will be much better after some patchwork and DLCs. Good thing that I wouldn't have time for it anyway. And I still have a Fallout 2 to finish first.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Yeah, it's SJWized near Dragonspear / Battletech levels, a world populated by stronk wymynz lesboing each other while the weak bumbling men sit at home embroidering. Not sure patches and DLCs can fix that.

Last edited:

Max Edge

Quote from review:

Lol. Did they hire those Beamdog writers?

If this is not a joke i think i'm done with Obsidian. I pay devs for games i could easly pirate mostly just out of respect and support. But wasting time on shoehorning this type of crap and delivering a broken game on release... No wonder why the sane man left this ship.

I made a term for that: "Beamdogisation".

:negative: senpai please notice me.

Just like feminists in "La città delle donne" said - heterosexual sex is naturally patriarchal. PoE2 is Marxist reversal our real, patriarchal world. That means: "Love is for lesbians. Become lesbian or build career. Down with patriarchy!".

Yeah. The game is filled with strong-independent-women-walking-clichees and transgender stereotypes. They went overboard with this shit.

Anyway, it seems that quests progression is fucked up: if you sequence break a quest then there is a chance that you will not be able to finish it in your terms. It happened twice to me.

I'm not sure 100% but I think this is poor quest design instead of some sophisticated form of retarded C&C.

And there come my doubts. Lesbianism in PoE2 is like made for male nerds. It's hiding under SJW cloak, but it's still stink geek sweat. Anita does approves that?

Yeah, it's SJWized near Dragonspear / Battletech levels, a world populated by stronk wymynz lesboing each other while the weak bumbling men sit at home embroidering. Not sure patches and DLCs can fix that.

I remember from Inquisition a NPC family, where wife was making career in herbs and husband stayed in home as spinner.

I love how our resident Jew rated this post "autism" despite it being a legit concern and a apparently a true statement.

His "autism", "shit" and "retarded" badges are like "brofist" from person I actually respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
"Character building is better. There are also minor features you might like. Those are covered in trailers.
Combat is as boring as it was.
Writing is even worse than PoE. Voice acting. More LGBTBBQ&KNUCKLES and SJW shit (not too much but it shows)."

"This game reads like chris-chan tier fanfiction, it's fucking mortifying. I couldn't make it more than an hour into the game. Not even worth downloading and installing."
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415927065

Wow so it is shit. All of the same problems of the first game. Carrie Patel is a awful writer.

Max Edge

"Character building is better. There are also minor features you might like. Those are covered in trailers.
Combat is as boring as it was.
Writing is even worse than PoE. Voice acting. More LGBTBBQ&KNUCKLES and SJW shit (not too much but it shows)."

"This game reads like chris-chan tier fanfiction, it's fucking mortifying. I couldn't make it more than an hour into the game. Not even worth downloading and installing."
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415927065

Wow so it is shit. All of the same problems of the first game. Carrie Patel is a awful writer.

Her book description:

"The gaslight and shadows of the underground city of Recoletta hide secrets and lies. When Inspector Liesl Malone investigates the murder of a renowned historian, she finds herself stonewalled by the all-powerful Directorate of Preservation – Recoletta’s top-secret historical research facility. When a second high-profile murder threatens the very fabric of city society, Malone and her rookie partner Rafe Sundar must tread carefully, lest they fall victim to not only the criminals they seek, but the government which purports to protect them. Knowledge is power, and power must be preserved at all costs…"

Thorgeim

Educated
I had to create an account to react to all this. I know this place is very anti-SJW. I dont like them either but usually keep it to myself ... This game though, oh man.
I was really happy when I started, I didnt do any research on the political status so didnt know about all this. Game seemed awesome in fact, combat pretty good, graphics are amazing for this sort of game.

Anyway, I put in couple of hours and start noticing strange things, mainly writing, dialogues and NPCs. Especially the voice overs, since everything is voiced I head more and more high pitched squally female voices, at first I thought I was just imagining things.
But another 2 hours in I knew something was wrong. Out of 4 faction leaders I met, 3 were female .. OK .. out of like 8 Blacksmith I met, 7 were women !! Jail master? Of course, female... Pirate Lord? Of course female, you kill the only male pirate leader and of course he is weak, stupid and the Female Lord is happy about his death in the end (of course).

Then I start noticing all this gay/lezbo nonsense in the game I mean what did I get in to ???
I actually liked POE, finished it and was looking forward to some more but didnt see this coming...

Im all for equality but dear god ... oh and dont tell my missus lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom