Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
Maybe, if nothing else, they could still do those last two tiers in the future as DLC. Obsidian is in a lot better financial shape than they were a few years ago, but 250k is probably still a fair bit of money to them. Then again, I don't know why fleshing out just a single character into a full fledged companion would cost that much money to do, but I'm not a game developer. :?

Rev

Arcane
Maybe, if nothing else, they could still do those last two tiers in the future as DLC. Obsidian is in a lot better financial shape than they were a few years ago, but 250k is probably still a fair bit of money to them. Then again, I don't know why fleshing out just a single character into a full fledged companion would cost that much money to do, but I'm not a game developer. :?
Because they would have to create at least one full-fledged companion quests, add a lot more dialogues with the PC, more interaction with NPCs and during quests, party banter, add new tags to the character for the new relationship systems and finally create a new sidekick to replace her since they said that there would still be four sidekicks even if she becomes a "true" companion.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
we have carpet in our bathroom....a little one

That's a rug :D

We had carpet in our bathroom when we moved into the last house. It was vile. Pulled it all up, aired out the strong scent of old man urine, bleached the crap out of the cement, and put in tile.

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar

I know Josh plays a lot of Battle Brothers, so I reckon a lot of it is rubbing off on him and probably influencing his design of Deadfire a little bit, as well as getting him a head start of ideas for his historical RPG that he will do after that... but no doubt he's already well into writing the design documents for it right now. There already were flails in POE1, though, but it would be kinda nice to see the wooden nunchuck type of flails as well as the long two-handed pole type flails that medieval peasants used to thresh wheat back in the olden times.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

Flails in Deadfire should have a chance to shatter non-magical wooden shields right along with some other two-handed weapons you just have to think of the Return of the King book right when the Nazgul shattered the wooden shield that Éowyn woman was holding before she killed it when Merry stabbed it with a blade forged in Númenor that removed the protection around the Witch King except in Deadfire you can kill things as a man or woman without such a blade but it will not shatter right away but your armor value will get worse as the wood starts to crack and bend and then shatter. That is how I would do it if I was on the team.

p.s. still no cloud shadows.

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Nonmagical wooden shields are unlikely to be a major factor in the game for a while at least.

However, I think the basic idea can work. Josh has already said that different weapon types will have different special attacks. It would be cool if some of them will be related to shields. I'm hoping Battle Brothers is a good influence on him.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought it was a nice touch how there was a quest in PoE involving an elf who was around when the Dyrwood became independent.

Quillon

Arcane
Fuck different ranges of life spans, fuck tolkien who introduced it. I can live 1k years or more but let me catch that bullet for you, I also wanna be in the vanguard in the coming battle. Precisely why I hate different playable races in rpgs; 99% of the things are only flavor with no content to support it, no reactivity for it, not even make any sense for the most part. When have you mastered reactivity for only human race? When have you mastered human gender choice? But fuck it, let me be among 5 other races...oh please let me be an Orlan where no one across the game acknowledges my shortcomings, where I can swing at least twice my size abydon's hammer, smash it ın the face of alpine dragon with my inOrlan strength.

The smart players see through fake choices in dialogue but can't see fake every other thing I guess.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Wonder if they will just do the 4.75m goal even if they dont get the money by the 25th.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom