Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Somebody needs to take the sound from that video and splice it onto something more... interesting.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess Obsidian can do that, I mean, black people in war torn countries in Africa do enslave each other. But post-2016 America is a very divided society with both left and right are trying to out-crazy each other, disregarding reality. I can understand if Obsidian want to lay low and avoid bad publications of being associated with alt-right movement or something. I mean, I can see liberal crazies saying "Racist Obsidian is trying to shift the blame of colonialization away from white people by suggesting black people would do the same if given the chance" or something.
I think you're more politicized in your reading than Obsidian are in their writing. ;)

Quillon

Arcane
Guess they wanna get as close to 4.75 as possible knowing they won't reach it so it wouldn't seem to us like "they were gonna do it anyway" when they announce they are gonna include the SG. It'll be over 4.7 anyway, maybe they could say we'll only do the sea monsters and not fishing, at the least.

Fabulously Optimistic x 1

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Guess they wanna get as close to 4.75 as possible knowing they won't reach it so it wouldn't seem to us like "they were gonna do it anyway" when they announce they are gonna include the SG. It'll be over 4.7 anyway, maybe they could say we'll only do the sea monsters and not fishing, at the least.

Fabulously Optimistic x 1
I hope they do sea monsters but not fishing. Fishings seem like a shit idea which would just add another useless feature just for the sake of it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Meh, I think fishing would be easier to implement and, since they said it's going to be kinda like a CYOA, it's probably just one animation, some text and a few inventory icons. Maybe a quest related to it.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
latest

Some "reaping knives" as in "I'am too ignorant to care that they look like blizzard's zealot psion blades"

Sizzle

Arcane
latest

Some "reaping knives" as in "I'am too ignorant to care that they look like blizzard's zealot psion blades"

Yeah, dude, Blizzard totally invented psy-blades, and are well known for their original ideas, especially in Starcraft - which in no way rips off Warhammer 40K :D

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sawyer said:
If we don’t hit the stretch goal by 5pm PDT today, she will be a sidekick in Deadfire. It would be possible for her (or Rekke, etc.) to become a companion in an expansion, but not in the core game. The new features we’re adding for companions increase the amount of work we need to do per companion by about 50%. We’re fully scheduled for companion writing through the rest of the project just with the core 7.

RIP Ydwin

Last edited:

Crichton

Prophet
If we don’t hit the stretch goal by 5pm PDT today, she will be a sidekick in Deadfire. It would be possible for her (or Rekke, etc.) to become a companion in an expansion, but not in the core game. The new features we’re adding for companions increase the amount of work we need to do per companion by about 50%. We’re fully scheduled for companion writing through the rest of the project just with the core 7.

aid82232-v4-728px-Survive-an-Abduction-or-Hostage-Situation-Step-1.jpg

RepHope

Savant

aid82232-v4-728px-Survive-an-Abduction-or-Hostage-Situation-Step-1.jpg
That mechanic will be saved for the romance DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom