Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iznaliu

Arbiter
"The models are without heads, so the customer can imagine them to be anyone."
"Anyone, without a head."

YOU COULD BE A POE2 MODEL IF WE JUST CHOP OFF YOUR HEAD!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

"The models are without heads, so the customer can imagine them to be anyone."
"Anyone, without a head."

"you know the head's where everything is at, the brain, the eyes, the mouth. that's the person. I'm told as a kid if you cut off the head, the body dies. the body is nothing after the head is cut off. . . well, that's not quite true. With a girl, there's alot left in the girl's body without a head"

-Edmund Kemper

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If by CA he means MCA then not really. He didn't write anything major in the quantity department, just the best parts of the whole thing, so I'm sure it's going to be the same "style". If we count generic as a "style".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is Avellone mercenary writing for Obsidian? That must feel odd.

Edit:

hehe, Ooops, I read that wrong :)

Quillon

Arcane
Eric shouldn't have become a house-man then, overall narrative quality was getting good and both Eder & Zahua are very well written.

Let's hope Josh is a good writer and Chief Hanlon wasn't a fluke.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Very well written" is a bit of an exaggeration. I haven't played TWM so can't comment on Zahua, but Eder is a simple, average man who has some questions about his brother. He isn't offensive or badly written at all, just ...normal.

Efe

Erudite
that may be but are the ones we know mca's characters or butchered remains of them?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
"Very well written" is a bit of an exaggeration. I haven't played TWM so can't comment on Zahua, but Eder is a simple, average man who has some questions about his brother. He isn't offensive or badly written at all, just ...normal.
I think most people remember Edér as likable, which does a surprisingly lot when all characters need to be Interesting(tm) and Cool(tm).

I also liked Zahua well enough, he was funny.

Sentinel

Arcane
Zahua starts out as your typical DUDE MUSHROOMS LMAO character but then you start listening to him a bit and you get a gut punch at the end of his quest and can't help but feel sorry for the lad.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
From now on, every instance in Pillars franchise will have good writing in the post Darth Roxor's and Jeff Vogel's editorial on writing.

We have tread into post-Roxor-Vogel's era.

Fry

Arcane
Sawyer picked the hobbies most likely to get him beat up at any self-respecting American high school and committed 100%.

Gotta respect that. :eek:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Grieving Mother is such a sleep inducing companion. Fuck sake. What the hell was he thinking?

More like you're a faggot with bad taste. Go eat a dick.
Face it fag your waifu is shit.

tumblr_o9p1irRaTW1tv2hf2o7_r1_500.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom