Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do we already have a complete list of all these multiclass names?

Forgive me if I ask a slowpoke question but I really dont't feel like keeping up with these megathreads - if we import an old character from PoE1 can we respec them into one of the new multiclasses?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Forgive me if I ask a slowpoke question but I really dont't feel like keeping up with these megathreads - if we import an old character from PoE1 can we respec them into one of the new multiclasses?

You begin at level 1, so there's nothing to respec. I'm also pretty sure you can't change your initial class.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What are you people "disagreeing" about? Have they confirmed that if you import a save you can change your class? That seems weird.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
During the Fig campaign, they said they were thinking about allowing you to change everything but sex/race/background.

Last edited:

Fry

Arcane
I can promise you Tyranny's lousy sales had nothing to do with politics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I can promise you Tyranny's lousy sales had nothing to do with politics.
Well i didn't buy it because of their sjw writing,also half a dozen friends didn't buy it because of their politics.I wouldn't say that i was the same way for everyone.Maybe small group of people didn't buy it because of the same reason like me,i don't know.But yeah their major reason to flop was paradox and their incompetence.Their whole marketing was a bunch of idiots talking and playing the game on twitch,and then uploading it on their small YT channel.I am baffled why would devs give nice portion of their revenue only for putting up their game on steam and gog,and making a few hours of videos.

Lacrymas

Arcane
"SJW writing" is a bit vague. Yeah, not all women are slaves or stay in the kitchen. Just like in D&D and in real life. The "equality" they talk about is in relation to Kyros' rule (i.e. everyone's equal in misery, just not as interesting). The writing has many other problems, but "SJW writing" is not one of them. The game is just not very good, at all. The only thing it has going for it is the different paths, it masquerades as C&C, but not really. If you want C&C, a much better bronze-age-like setting and not a retarded combat system you go for AoD, not this pos.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"SJW writing" is a bit vague. Yeah, not all women are slaves or stay in the kitchen. Just like in D&D and in real life. The "equality" they talk about is in relation to Kyros' rule (i.e. everyone's equal in misery, just not as interesting). The writing has many other problems, but "SJW writing" is not one of them. The game is just not very good, at all. The only thing it has going for it is the different paths, it masquerades as C&C, but not really. If you want C&C, a much better bronze-age-like setting and not a retarded combat system you go for AoD, not this pos.
Lol you are a retard!Not every one is from usa and have sexism in their country.There are many women that have bled and died for the freedom of my people!Now instead of calling people bigots and sexist go and cry in your filthy safespace!Lonely pitiful creature that have the form of a human being!

DemonKing

Arcane
During the Fig campaign, they said they were thinking about allowing changing everything but sex/race/background.

I'd like to be able to change class as I can't see the attraction of building a character of the same class up from level 1 again, even if they radically change the skill/spell trees.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Lol you are a retard!Not every one is from usa and have sexism in their country.There are many women that have bled and died for the freedom of my people!Now instead of calling people bigots and sexist go and cry in your filthy safespace!Lonely pitiful creature that have the form of a human being!

ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Iznaliu

Arbiter
If you want C&C, a much better bronze-age-like setting and not a retarded combat system you go for AoD, not this pos.

Isn't AoD more of an Iron Age setting, with the whole pseudo-Roman thing going on?

dukeofwhales

Cipher
why are so many of the writing staff of modern rpgs women?

i recognise that this is just bait to start a shitfight but in order to make this assertion you'd need to know if the proportion of writers in video games who are women is higher than the proportion of professional writers who are women in all fields

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Can't be arsed to read through 357 pages, so, is there anyone here that wasn't a huge fan of the first one that's excited for the second? And if so, why? What do you think it will improve on?

I actually rather enjoyed the first game but I know a lot around here didn't and I'd like to hear their take on the sequel.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
so, is there anyone here that wasn't a huge fan of the first one that's excited for the second? And if so, why? What do you think it will improve on?

I think some feel that the first game was rushed, but with the sequel, Obsidian can live up to their potential.

Prime Junta

I think some feel that the first game was rushed, but with the sequel, Obsidian can live up to their potential.

The first game was rushed, that's not a matter of feelings. If they fuck this one up even though it's not rushed and they're building up from a mature engine, world, and game system, I'm going to... get very irate.

Thing about Obsidian is, somehow they manage to never quite live up to their potential. FONV was the closest.

Prime Junta

If someone has never lived up to their potential, aren't you just overestimating their potential?

One thing I like about Obsidian is that they're ambitious. They sometimes like to reach a bit beyond what they've already done (Pillars, Alpha Protocol, FONV, even Tyranny). If you do that, you will fall on your face a quite a lot. Which they do, but they usually make different mistakes every time, which is encouraging. I respect people who reach a bit too high.

The alternative is making safe, simple potboilers, and it's obvious they can do that too (Armored Warfare, South Park, DS3), but those are just boring.

I.e. I've no doubt we'll see more pratfalls from them -- but it's always possible they'll come up with another FONV. With P2, all the circumstances are in their favour; if they fail, the failure will be theirs.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Sadly Obsidian has NOT lived up to their potential.

Pilliars should have showcased ALL that they know, and well.... (They DID do an excellent job within the shitty Fallout 3 engine, with NV though).

Granted, the entire cluster-fuck of them trying to stay alive and then...... Pillars KS happened.

This second game is the true test. The entire true test of all that is left of Obsidian. DON'T FUCK THIS UP. You have what it takes, and show us.... And there are no excuses this time.

Good luck. :salute:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Basically Iron Skins (except Gold Skins), but shittier, lol.

Isn't AoD more of an Iron Age setting, with the whole pseudo-Roman thing going on?

Sure, but it's the closest thing to Tranny's setting in an RPG. It's not like Tranny is a very accurate Bronze Age.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Honest question, what kind of ability would not make you curl your lip in contempt?

More abilities like Powder Burns. I'm also not opposed to the bombs. Less mindless SFX. Really, it's not contempt it's an observation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom