Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Sannom

Augur
I just don't get what's so cool about "empowerment"? Anyone here is excited with being able to cast more powerful versions of the same spells 3 times between rests? Doesn't it sound like just a gimmick added for rest incentive?
Well, it kind of feels like a new thing for this kind of game. For all we know, it will be enough of a game-changer to justify having it be the new per-rest resource. Like at low-level having the electric grasp jump to three enemies instead of zero could make a fight much easier.

Sannom

Augur
Oh yeah, definitely. I mean, whatever was left of D&D's Wizard in PoE is gone, it's D&D's Sorcerer all the way down now!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm thinking injuries should be nuff incentive & they should hurt to be so.

If you can somehow manage to never, or very rarely, have injuries then not really.

Josh can. It's their players who can't.

Maybe, that would explain the sudden shift, although I don't know if I approve this, let's say, "consumer-centric" design. Everything gets watered down if you try to feed it to the general public, that's not a criticism in this context, just reality/an observation. I really have no idea what to expect from PoE2 at this point in a mechanical sense just because of this one, admittedly huge, change.

Quillon

Arcane
If you can somehow manage to never, or very rarely, have injuries then not really.

Giving NPC abilities and crits a chance to injure our characters which should increase the less health a character has etc. already talked about this some months back, its their job to BALANCE how often characters should get injured. And there will be much more scripted interactions in Deadfire; which gave injuries more often in WM than the base game, even if you are a lot above the stat/skill check.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Any of you guys managed to find good ways to fuck the eyeless up? I managed to do okay using aloth's magic missle that shoots in an aura around him. That really really just rapes.

Slicken is just SUPER EFFECTIVE against them. They go down and stay there until you cast another one. And another. And another. You will wipe the floor with them.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Can someone explain to me how Brisk Recitation works exactly? The chanter's ability reducing chanting time with levels.

Passive that speeds up the time to complete each phrase in your chant, meaning you should be able to fire off invocations more frequently.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Can someone explain to me how Brisk Recitation works exactly? The chanter's ability reducing chanting time with levels.

Passive that speeds up the time to complete each phrase in your chant, meaning you should be able to fire off invocations more frequently.

I understand that much but does it reduce the lingering duration of the chants? Does it mean I can fit more phrases into same lingering period? It's a really confusing and unexplained part.

Quillon

Arcane
glancing over community hub...

Someone on Steam said:
Just so you know, there seems to be this strange community of people that spends all their time finding more ways to complain about Pillars of Eternity.

:D

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Over a gigabyte update...for minor fixes: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92761-306-live-on-steam-gog-and-origin/

Patch 3.06 is now live on Steam, GoG, and Origin (Mac store should be coming next week).

This is a small patch addresses 3 issues:
  • Fixed the assign/recall button on the Stronghold Adventure UI.
  • Fixed Nightshroud missing its DR reduction. This fix will only work on games that haven't acquired the weapon.
  • The White March Part II instruction popup will no longer be shown after the first save-load in a new campaign.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DGaI6bq.jpg

I wondered...and oh, it's Paradox. It's backlash of Paradox increasing prices in some regions. Other Paradox games are getting hit too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom