Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Iznaliu

Arbiter
hello, I've been searching for these mods but I could not find any of them apart from a IE (collection of) mods all merged into one.
I'm pretty sure that is a troll post.

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah mod authors got cease & desist from Obs about a month ago, they must have removed them...tho in reality there are no such mods I made them up.

I'm pretty sure that is a troll post.

Wasn't exactly my intent.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Am I getting reverse-trolled or didn't you know Obs is such an evil corporation? They don't want filthy modder hands on their games messing with the balance!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Am I getting reverse-trolled or didn't you know Obs is such an evil corporation? They don't want filthy modder hands on their games messing with the balance!

Does Sawyer personally shoot people who try to write mods?

Quillon

Arcane
Well, yes he shot many that's why he did such a good job with guns in NV. Tho either I'm not good at not actually being serious or people here are stupid as fuck!

:philosoraptor:

Or you wanted me to come out and explain it, jokes on me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is part of next month's Humble Monthly. Not bad to get this and some other games for $12.

Mazisky

Magister
I'm doing another playthrough cause at the time i've only finished the vanilla game, now i'm doing all stuff i excluded the first time, like Od Nua dungeons, twin elms and white march ofcourse.

White march is pretty cool (i'm doing part 2 right now), Od Nua not so exciting but there are nice levels, Twin elms is absolutely boring and feel kinda rushed, why they even added it to the game, could be a single location instead of 4 districts full of nothing lel

Party is lvl 13 now, can i go to Cragholt or better finish WM2 first?

Sentinel

Arcane
why they even added it to the game
stretch goals lol
The Siege of Cragholdt has one of the hardest encounters in the game. I'd save it until after WM2. It's not really related to it on the narrative side so it doesn't matter what order you do it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Best survival bonus? Is it worth getting the flanked bonus or only go for accuracy? As a Priest of Skaen rogue-type sneak attack character.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Generally Accurracy but Flanking is better against easy-to-hit creatures especially bosses and on particular party builds (many moonlike for instance) there's an argument for healing received.

Prime Junta

Best survival bonus? Is it worth getting the flanked bonus or only go for accuracy? As a Priest of Skaen rogue-type sneak attack character.

Depends on the fight. If you're playing a priest of Skaen you're presumably going for damage, in which case I'd pick the flanking bonus most of the time, or the bonus against (creature type) one if I have a specific fight I'm prepping for.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, more than that since you gain access to better versions of the good bonuses on higher levels.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I want to invest points into stealth, too, though. Can you invest 12 points into survival and enough points into stealth so it's not overly gimped?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As I recall, you can basically only focus on 1, max two skills? I went for 3 skills on my last playthrough and regretted it.

Prime Junta

So it's worth investing 6 points into survival basically?

Yeah, usually. You need a lockpicker, a loremaster is nice because of high-level scrolls (far from essential though, especially if you're already rocking a priest), someone with Athletics 6 or so is nice for CYOAs and a single pip for Second Wind, but you might as well put the rest in Survival. Those bonuses aren't huge but they do make a difference.

Edit: if you want pump stealth, then leave Survival at 6, tops. You need about 5-6 stealth for it to be genuinely useful.

Parabalus

Arcane
I want to invest points into stealth, too, though. Can you invest 12 points into survival and enough points into stealth so it's not overly gimped?

For survival specifically the skill is only checked when you rest, so you can swap a "survivor" item beforehand to up your bonus, then equip your regular gear. Survival up to rank 6 is worth for a lot of chars, but the other extreme with everything into survival let's you get triple bonuses. For combat there isn't a better skill.

Dunno how much stealth you need to melee someone from stealth, but I think it would be tight with 12 in surv.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Since I'm missing the combat invisibility of Rogues I have to compensate with stealth and go into combat in stealth.

Parabalus

Arcane
Since I'm missing the combat invisibility of Rogues I have to compensate with stealth and go into combat in stealth.

Why though?

Stealth is pretty pointless without backstab talent, doesn't do anything for regular sneak attacks. Missed opportunity for Skaen priest imho, since they also get the mace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom