Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Prime Junta

Is whitemarch worth playing ? Trying to finish quick before PoE2 ...

It’s a pretty straightforward dungeon crawl but has the best maps, best encounters, and coolest companion. So yes. Zahua FTW.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the part most worth playing.

Ok, in one post you say casters are broken, then you defend a point by saying "I haven't seen you complain about stoneskin in the IE games".

That's not really defending a point, I was interested in your motivation behind

I aim to rebalance them. They should be powerful, but should need protection by non-casters.

since PoE making casters more fragile than their IE counterparts (do you disagree with this?) is a step forward IMO. They are still (arguably too) powerful but can't also trivially tank better than martial classes.
My motivation - I like when classes carry their character within their mechanics, and when there can be some kind of synergy between different characters in a party, otherwise why have a party.

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
If you LOVE Rings of Combusting wounds, Rings of Unshackling and Boots of Speed and just cant get enought of it, than yes. Otherwise maybe about 10 percent of it.
You know how people complain about trash combat in POE? Well, WM1 is actually undeniably much worse...

You literally start with a map full of trash mobs. There are at least 5 combat """encounters""" of ogre,ogre cannoneer, ogre chanter, winter wolf. Your approach to them will be identical. Till you reach the boss fight with more ogres, ogre cannoneers, ogre chanters and winter wolfs. And you will use the same tactic as before just on the first map. IF you thought that this is the bad part, weee lad.

You go left next and there are literally combat encounters that have overlapping LOS..................................................... See map below, for example 4 and 3 can be triggered at the same time. 5 is a bounty that spawns on the map if you were dumb enough to talk to an NPC but also in the same place is another combat encounter with elfs. You cannot go a step without the combat music starting to play. It is insane. 4 is actually a quest but you are better of fighting it.
The only encounter worth trying here is bottom left. So 1/11.
9sPkdRZ.jpg

The second level of the famed White Forge is nothing but trash. OMG there is even trash that spawns after you cleared the fucking map and think yourself finally freeeee.
There is an encounter vs characters here but they a pushover compared what POTD scaling will throw at you.
Its like the Ogre Druid bounty, the bounty itself in the cave is a much easier fight than the horde of ogres outside......
2Hyp9KM.jpg

This pattern repeats itself in WM1 over and over and over. Its worse than the 15 levels of trash below the Keep...
First level of the Forge. You may substract 1 fight because I was TLDR with all the deep lore...
K6K9mLx.jpg

"Merciful" last level. You wont see it that way after the first 2...
0vR6o70.png

Right of Stalwart is an area is the same trash collection. There is POTD mob fight there with 3 brood mothers and friends, maybe the toughest fight in WM1 (short of another druid bounty)... and its literally just an upscaled trash mob on a bridge.

There is laboratory of a construct builder with the worst attrition battles imaginable. Its trash^2.

Do not touch anything POE if you are not a retarded Obshitian.

Jezal_k23

Maybe I'm retarded like you suggested, but I thought the encounters in TWM were pretty fun, even some of the regular ones, like the Lagufaeth fights.

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
Oh and these things. o m g
Great for 1 encounter, Ok for 2. I revampted my wizards grimoire spell selection! Good, first time in the whole game!
But y r u copy-pasting them 5 times on the map, Obshitian?
yyy?
yyyyy?
wIOMkLO.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1. All the "trash" combat is optional and avoidable. No one is responsible for your
crazyrobot.gif
tendencies.
2. Encounters are much better thought out than those of the base PoE.
3. Even encounters which are not part of a quest carry some kind of back-story to what those enemies were doing there.
4. The maps are noticeably bigger than in base PoE.

AwesomeButton

Patron
You literally start with a map full of trash mobs. There are at least 5 combat """encounters""" of ogre,ogre cannoneer, ogre chanter, winter wolf. Your approach to them will be identical. Till you reach the boss fight with more ogres, ogre cannoneers, ogre chanters and winter wolfs. And you will use the same tactic as before just on the first map. IF you thought that this is the bad part, weee lad.
And which is this same tactic, given the fact that you can't replenish your spells between combats when you enter Stalwart? The only way to rest is to leave Stalwart, go to another area, and rest there.

Unwanted

Sextant

Unwanted
I know that you are a cuck larper, with an edging fetish, so there is no point talking to you. You can go on modding POE2 2.7321 while your wife sucks my peenor.
For you all encounters in POE, 3.0 Winter March that is, are radiant bouquets of deep lore and require excruciating tactical acumen.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The White March content has better encounters, better use of the Watcher abilities, more unique items, a concise story, and better ties both reputations and choices into the story. It does not fix all the problems with PoE, but it offers a far more refined experience than vanilla PoE content. For example, for most, if not all, vanilla PoE content, I could win battles with my only my priest. I just had to cast Avatar > Crowns of the Faithful > Holy Storm > Shining Beacon > Soul of the Righteous. In the White March, you have enemies that can either counter it or withstand the initial barrage. Ultimately, I was more satisfied with the experience.

Perkel

Arcane
Wow someone got banned od dex !
What next MGTOW getting laid ?

Started playing again this time on normal because i don't want to fight with shitload of trash mobs constantly like i remember playing on hard.

How many hours is explansion for PoE ?

2house2fly

Magister
Depends how thoroughly you play. 10 hours if you skip text and play on Normal sounds about right

Perkel

Arcane
Is there anything important story wise or it is just bash some dudes get loot ?
MoTB style or Storm of Zephir style ?

If this is just more combat less story i will probably skip it.

Parabalus

Arcane

Cosmetic differences to the main PoE1 plot and influences import flags to PoE2.

The WM story itself is cool IMO and you learn background info about Eora.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

It's much more than that. Absolutely do not skip it. Te expansion wipes its ass with base PoE, it has the best dungeons, the best level design, the coolest locations, and it actually has a really cool main story.

Excluding Raedrik's Castle, the best things PoE1 has to offer are in WM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom