Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Potions can be consumed instantly

Oh wait... never mind. Shit like this just kills any sort of challenge in combat.

I don't remember being different in previous Gothic/Risen (s). Was it?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep. Which means at the very least you have to retreat a bit to drink a potion when you're engage in combat.

Revenant

Tamaris, Isle of Thunder? WTF, those guys don't even pretend they aren't ripping off WoW anymore.

Tigranes

Arcane
List of stuff looks fine, all PB games are very similar so it's not like there were any real surprises.

The instapotion and split islands are disappointing, but not dealbreakers. Here's hoping the former is balanced out by potion weakness / scarcity at least. Or at least I can houserule not to quaff in combat.

The soul / demon stuff doesn't sound great, but as long as it doesn't obnoxiously get in the way of the real meat which is the good old PB formula of factions, faction based career paths, exploration and mano y mano combat.

I'm expecting something better than R3 but not quite as R1 due to the large size and new features thrown in.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Mages reside on the thunder island 'Tamaris' trying to save humanity using the 'reactor' which shall protect the island from the titan lords. Plenty of magic energy is needed to power the reactor (power is gained from lightnings)

Sounds like New Camp from Gothic....
I expect lot of treasure hunting, hidden stuff, stealing and else. Good to see better blades than pitiful rapiers. And finally hero can swim, should do it in Risen 2 with the whole pirate theme.

SoupNazi

I don't see a problem with loading new areas, it was like that in G1 and G2 and was done pretty much flawlessly.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't see a problem with loading new areas, it was like that in G1 and G2 and was done pretty much flawlessly.

Exactly. People seem to forget that. And it's certainly less jarring when you're transitioning from island to island versus region to region.

SoupNazi

I think it was the clear transfer points i.e. getting on a boat, going through a cave, etc instead of the jarring "hey i'm walking on this nice road la la la LOADING SCREEN hey i'm back on the same road la la la"

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
0e4e20b5ff09accfc7c2fff7571c0556.jpg

d797e443c68fbae32aa054c034cd22a7.jpg

http://www.gameswelt.de/risen-3-titan-lords/preview/seite-1,216988

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Assuming you can turn depth of field off those shots look decent. Not amazing, but decent, which is good since my PC is getting old.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Assuming you can turn depth of field off those shots look decent. Not amazing, but decent, which is good since my PC is getting old.

The base engine is the one that they used for Risen 2. And that worked quite well.

Turjan

Arcane
Assuming you can turn depth of field off those shots look decent.

I don't think I played a game that doesn't let you do this, and I always turn depth of field off.

Don't have much to say regarding the screenshots. Screenshots nearly always look good. I'll wait for the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Honestly I don't give a shit what it looks like as most modern games look sufficiently 'pretty' to me. I'm more concerned with the mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom