Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gothic, to me, is more of a combination of the atmosphere, exploration, and charmingly awkward badass dialogue. I do remember some of the characters, but I wouldn't say they're particularly memorable if taken by themselves.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played those with the German VA. It was endearing, but didn't add a lot to how memorable (or not) the characters were.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Risen 3 up for preorder in Steam with the usual preorder digital swag.

Not that anyone cares since we have D:OS that no doubt does everything better :smug:, but it's there anyway and I felt like posting something.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Risen 3 up for preorder in Steam with the usual preorder digital swag.

Not that anyone cares since we have D:OS that no doubt does everything better :smug:, but it's there anyway and I felt like posting something.

Also, preorder for 50€? LULZ.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not that anyone cares since we have D:OS that no doubt does everything better :smug:

Sure but there's always a place for a good aRPG on my plate. I've just recently finished NoTR and it was a joy.

Problem is I've got a very bad feeling about R3 - based solely on the trailers and videos but still... It seems as if PB, at least since the preproduction of R2, is ruled by a dictator ramming through some of the most retarded game-design ideas I've ever witnessed and stamping out any criticism or good sense with fire and acid. I really really want R3 to be a worthy succesor of the long lost PB greatness but honestly, it's much more likely it's gonna be a goddawful mess.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not that anyone cares since we have D:OS that no doubt does everything better :smug:

Sure but there's always a place for a good aRPG on my plate. I've just recently finished NoTR and it was a joy.

Problem is I've got a very bad feeling about R3 - based solely on the trailers and videos but still... It seems as if PB, at least since the preproduction of R2, is ruled by a dictator ramming through some of the most retarded game-design ideas I've ever witnessed and stamping out any criticism or good sense with fire and acid. I really really want R3 to be a worthy succesor of the long lost PB greatness but honestly, it's much more likely it's gonna be a goddawful mess.

I really hope you're wrong. I'm not dabbling much in trailer and stuff, not to spoil the game release to myself, but I really hope R3 is, at least, on par with R2. It would be really retarded if it wasn't, actually. Also bioware would sue PB, as it's usually the former's prerogative to further drop the quality with every new release.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hımmm. Not sure if i'm going to like the combat, wish they've sticked with Risen 1 formula. Also hundreds of quests sounds like there'll lots of filler quests like Gothic 3.
But they have voodoo pirates, so its a D1P.

imweasel

Not sure if posted already.

That video is just screaming "will not be another Risen 2, please buy"

The video from that German Youtuber was terrible, this one is actually pretty good. I really like what I saw and heard, especially when the narrator said "no handholding". :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom