Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Darkzone

Arcane
Stop and imagine their new companion(s).

The list of the new romanceable companions of PS:T(EE):
Brianna Wu

Cdx5PkGXIAAN6PA.jpg

Anita Sarkeesian

sarkeesian-goyim.jpg

Zoe Quinn

gameloading.jpg

It's like playing Marry/Fuck/Kill and you want two extra Kills.
Dunno, I could easily do Marry Anita, Fuck Zoe, Kill Wu.
Tsss.... Very low standards. But if you are forced to it, then you really need a plan to escape the torment.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
One of the contents included in PSTEE by Beamdog is a new quest to get a special outfit, so you can romance Ignus

hexer

If they would add Lustmord's soundtrack (as an option not a default) this cash-grab would be a bit more justified: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/ps-t-lustmord.87399/
While i love Brian Williams's work , i have to state that his lustmord project music would not fit into PST, at least not his works up to Purifying Fire. Fallout or dystopian future or some dark Scifi cRPG definitly yes. Sadly "The Place Where the Black Stars Hang" has been abused by many people in their videos and etc.

Listening to Metavoid just now.. it looks like most of the songs have parts of what he originally recorded for Torment.
I'm getting that "out of this world" vibe from it which is just right for the Planescape setting.
Here's the album if anyone else wants to listen!

Gunnar

Arbiter
Whenever I play PST I'm always thinking the title screen doesn't have enough buttons, I wish I could zoom in and out and put a black outline over all the sprites. I have often longed to pay someone ten dollars so I can avoid the intellectual agony of a simple google search and installing a couple of exes. Also, there are several good companions to choose from already, how about a mediocre one? Thank you Beamdog, for providing these amazing and necessary upgrades to this classic game.

Darkzone

Arcane
If they would add Lustmord's soundtrack (as an option not a default) this cash-grab would be a bit more justified: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/ps-t-lustmord.87399/
While i love Brian Williams's work , i have to state that his lustmord project music would not fit into PST, at least not his works up to Purifying Fire. Fallout or dystopian future or some dark Scifi cRPG definitly yes. Sadly "The Place Where the Black Stars Hang" has been abused by many people in their videos and etc.

Listening to Metavoid just now.. it looks like most of the songs have parts of what he originally recorded for Torment.
I'm getting that "out of this world" vibe from it which is just right for the Planescape setting.
Here's the album if anyone else wants to listen!

How do you know this that this were parts of the tracks for PST? I thought that after Henkel left his entire tracks were scraped besides the Intro. Metavoid is one of the happy albums, so i understand why you would think so. But do you think that Black Star would fit torment?

Last edited:

soulburner

Cipher
I am going to risk and say that... I like the idea of P:TEE. At least as long as they don't modify the core elements of the game (no entirely new quests, companions or even fonts) and remove that ugly drop shadow effect on the logo :P

The simple fact that you have to modify the original game to make it run smoothly on Windows 10, add mods for widescreen and other minor things is very discouraging for many players. Simply downloading and launching the .exe is a good enough reason for this EE to exist. Even being able to run it on a phone/phablet/tablet is pretty awesome.

So... I'm gonna go hide somewhere :P

hexer

How do you know this that this were parts of the tracks for PST? I thought that after Henkel left his entire tracks were scraped besides the Intro. Metavoid is one of the happy albums, so i understand why you would think so. But do you think that Black Star would fit torment?

I know because I asked him almost 10 years ago :P
http://www.lustmord.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=259

Black Star sounds similar to songs from Metavoid so yeah, it would fit.
I love Morgan's soundtrack, but Lustmord's music is what I imagine Planescape setting to sound like.
Sigil at least. Also I'm a big fan of experimental music so my opinion is biased.

Actually, I'm going to replay PST with Metavoid + Black Star as soundtrack.
The game will probably feel darker and weirder. I'll let you know how it went!

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/27/planescape-enhanced-edition-changelog/

The RPG Scrollbars: Predicting Planescape
Richard Cobbett on March 27th, 2017 at 1:00 pm.
plane1.jpg

If you go down to planescape.com today, you’re sure of a big surprise. Unless you’re expecting a countdown, in which case, it’s that. What could it mean? Well, if you open the page source, you’ll see a secret message hidden in there – 0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45. Convert that from ASCII numbers to letters and you get PSTEE. The two most likely translations of that are either Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition as Beamdog’s latest updated release, or someone is really looking forward to going down to Gregg’s for a pastie sometime on Tuesday. It’s not confirmed. It could be something else. Maybe there’s a ‘Planescape Kids’ TV series coming out. Nobody’s told me.

Though it would explain this changelog I found lying around the other week…

PLANESCAPE TORMENT: ENHANCED EDITION
BUILD NOTES 0.99B. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE ON PAIN OF TORTURE. ALSO SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY, FOR A GAME FROM 1999.

* Update: Native support for high-resolution and widescreen displays, up to 3840×2160.

* Integrated add-ons: Easter Egg Morte, Leprechaun Annah, PS:T Unfinished Business (by agreement with fan creators)

* Update: New font-rescaling options for high-resolution screens.

* Update: Memory leak issues resolved.

* Streamlining: New faster path through Mortuary. Player can skip tutorial by hiding in refuse sack due to be thrown out by the Dustmen (on clicking pop-up). Deionnara now appears in dream sequence if initially missed, promising “I will wait for you in the alley next to the pizza shop by Death’s halls, my love.”

* Character Creation: The Nameless One is now nameable.

* Giant flashing neon arrow added above Pharod’s head.

* New Game Mode: Action. All major conversations carefully abridged to enable full focus on tactical combat. For example, “You are wrong. If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear – whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can.” now shortened to “Cram it, Skullface.”

* New Companion: Giggles the Clown. Giggles now follows the party from the mortuary, making hilarious fourth-wall breaking japes and jokes about the action, including “You’ve lost your memory? That’s Adahn shame!” and “I hear the Brothel of Slaking Intellectual Lusts gives good head!” and “How many lives did it take you to get this grumpy, Mr. Grumpy?” It is not possible to kill or dismiss Giggles.

* New Romance: The Lady of Pain

* New Difficulty Level: “Take That, Iron Man”. No loads, no resurrections, no refunds!

* New Area: The Elongatorium Of Hollow Pursuits. Experience thirty hours of new gameplay in this new Maze; a long, empty, featureless grey corridor it takes thirty hours to walk down.

* Conversation: New standard response to all stories of pain and torment around the Planes: “[TRUTH] Haha!”

* Feature: Fell, Lothar and other Planescape source characters now killable because it’s not like Wizards of the Coast has given two shits about this setting since 1999. In fact, hell with it. In Chapter 2, The Nameless One meets Drizzt and Elminster sitting in a bar and drinking a toast to how much Eberron both sucks and can go suck it.

* Feature: Ignus now acts as a light source.

* Tweak: Everyone is now Ravel Puzzlewell. Everyone.

* Restored Content: Basically everything from that trailer that should never, ever have been released to the public, never mind as an unskippable (except via Alt-F4) trailer, which pretty much only existed in the final game in the form of a few diary and glossary pictures, but which did more to make one of the greatest RPGs ever released look unappetising than even releasing a dismal original pitch with a grotty picture of Annah in her finest stripperwear and a comment about The Nameless One being a corpse with incredible sexual charisma, and yes, that really happened.

* Restored Content: Stories from the novelisation now added, including Annah becoming a were-rat, and the reason for The Nameless One’s immortality being that he sold it to a tertiary devil character to help save his village. Disabled by default. Activate by choosing ‘Still Not Quite As Bad As The Baldur’s Gate 2 Novel Mode’ in Gameplay Options.

* User interface tweak: Portals now colour-coded blue and orange for your convenience.

* Multiplayer: Use the new character creator to build your own former team-mate of The Nameless One, then endure hours of soul-sucking, back-breaking labour in the Dustmen’s Mortuary in the hope that he ever comes over to say hi.

* Fast Travel Option: Ride Dabus.

* Updated AI routines: Generic thugs in the Hive no longer look at the scarred hulking demigod with his own and occasionally other folks’ weaponised intestines wrapped around his body and reckon “Yeah, I can take him.”

* New Dialogue: “Chief, just hypothetically, you know how belief here shapes reality? Well, just wondering, what if some kind of flying, skull like fellow of, y’know, some sort of prankish disposition had joked to one of your more, ah, credulous incarnations ‘I bet you must have done something really, really bad in your first life?’ We’d laugh, right? Uh. Chief? Why are we heading back to the Pillar of-”

* New Dialogue: “Morte, before we start exploring, any idea if there’s a portal to somewhere relevant to my quest nearby that might really save us a lot of pain and arsing about?”

* Update: Curst redesigned to feel like stepping into a new world instead of enduring yet more dusty beige and greys.

* Feature: Nordom can be turned into a battlesuit for Morte.

* Bonus Chapter: Planescape: Blood War. In which The Nameless One finally pauses, asks “Wait, if I’ve not been transformed into a Petitioner or something, can’t I just take this big axe, walk out of here and be back drinking at the Smouldering Corpse Bar by dinner time?” And does!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Elongatorium of Hollow Pursuits sounds like a pretty good metaphor for all current AAA shovelware.

Also I'm a big fan of experimental music so my opinion is biased.

I actually like Lustmord's soundtrack more than Morgan's, even though the choirs are a bit simple, but I am biased as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom