Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition officially revealed, coming April 11th

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait Torment's intro to get the same enhancing treatment :)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It doesn't really disturb me particularly if they are not doing much except making it run reliably on modern hardware. Nothing's making you buy it if you're happy with the original + mods.

I have IWD on my Ipad and it actually works pretty well. They didn't install any SJW characters and I now have something I can easily pick up and play if I'm lying sick in bed or going on a long road trip.

I guess IWD2 EE is only a matter of time now...

Well, minus the fact the original is probably going to disappear from digital storefronts.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Is the voice actor for Ravel the same as the hobo lady in the beginning of F2?
Fallout_2_(PC)_09.png

Note that the game's original version will be taken down from GOG after the EE is released, so if you're a purist and you somehow don't own it already, I suggest you hop to it.

Anyway, the game looks retarded in 1080p because the backgrounds were designed for 640 x 480. Not to mention the absolutely bizarre and ugly black limning outlines around character sprites.

Backgrounds look much better, black outlining around sprites looks shit.

EDIT: Sprites are so pixelated that they NEED TO BE OUTLINED at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shilandra

Learned
I'm looking forward to the rumoured Siege of Baator expansion with same sex romances, what can change the nature of a man indeed :mixedemotions:

I wouldn't mind celestia dlc since I've wanted to play a game about that place ever since I first heard about it in torment. But you're right in that they would probably fuck it up somehow :(

I own the GoG version so I might as well use the discount. They haven't changed anything so is it possible that mods will be compatible with this version as well?

Barbarian

Arcane
I despise the folks who give money to Oster and his merry band of do-nothings.

Releasing old games with mods shouldn't be a way to make a living unless you are GOG and ask for a fair price. Beamdog not only does a shitty job at it every single time but they charge the cost of new games. Parasitic assholes.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, what is he supposed to do? As a designer its in his interest to revive games that are part of his artistic legacy and get people playing them again.

m_s0

Arcane
Well, what is he supposed to do? As a designer its in his interest to revive games that are part of his artistic legacy and get people playing them again.
How do you mean? It was being sold, and from what I hear it was the top-selling GOG game of all time. Clearly people have been playing it. Now it'll get released on Steam and tablets, and that's a huge market, sure, but on the whole that rationalization does not hold water.

Avellone never did that final proof pass he wanted, he was already in bed with Beamdog, they'd pay him a few bucks to do it now. That's all there is, win-win. I doubt he could've affected whatever bizarre corporate arrangements led to dumping the Black Isle development credit if he wanted to.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How did it work with the previous EEs, btw? Did they keep their place in the chart or did they start from zero? I see the BGs are on the second page, but I don't know where they were before.
Would be a pretty good deal for Beamdog to get a game as the best seller without having to do anything with it at all.

I'm not sure what Avellone's lifestyle is like but I'm pretty sure he isn't short of money. Besides, wasn't his departure from Obsidian spurred by artistic differences?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
LOL

Goral's reviews on GOG

BALDUR'S GATE: ENHANCED EDITION
goral's rating:
goral says: Much worse game than original that shoves SJW content down our throats.And you can't buy originals now (at least not separately). No mention about Black Isle.

BALDUR'S GATE II: ENHANCED EDITION
goral's rating:
goral says: Much worse game than original that shoves SJW content down our throats and you can't choose to not install their "ingenuity" except for technical improvements. Plus, you can have much better mods for FREE (at least used to because now you can't buy

PLANESCAPE: TORMENT: ENHANCED EDITION
goral's rating: not rated yet
goral says: Game that looks worse than P:T with mods. Black Isle and Interplay are not mentioned!

ICEWIND DALE: ENHANCED EDITION
goral's rating:
goral says: Just not worth it. Black Isle not mentioned.

DLC: BALDUR'S GATE: SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR
goral's rating:
goral says: One of the worst games of all time.

BALDUR'S GATE: SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR -...
goral's rating: not rated yet
goral says: Same as above.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
He was so butthurt he couldn't vote on the games without buying them he made one of those lists instead. :lol:

What a parasitic autistic retard.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I honestly dont know why GOG even allows this sort of shit of not having the original games available for purchase... they do keep them in your library if you bought them before but why take them down in the first place?
Are the EE editons the "official" games now?
Fuck Terento and his band of hackjobs and Fuck Avellone for beign a sellout and a non entity for the last decade
So he left Obsidian over "creative differences" yeah I bet the felt he had to get creative sitting on his ass and playing with his balls all days and Fergus had other ideas

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I honestly dont know why GOG even allows this sort of shit of not having the original games available for purchase..

They do whatever the publisher of the game wants, they can't keep games up for sale if the publisher doesn't want them there, obviously.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Fuck Terento and his band of hackjobs and fuck Avellone for beign a sellout and a non entity for the last decade. So he left Obsidian over "creative differences" yeah I bet the felt he had to get creative sitting on his ass and playing with his balls all days and Fergus had other ideas

:bravo:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Got the original version off GOG today. Ain't gonna risk Bumdog cunningly inserting liberal BS into it along with widescreen support. And sticking a $20 price tag on that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom