Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PlatinumGames Got A New JRPG - Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Huh. I was convinced that this was posted in the jRPG news thread, but I couldn't find it there. Anyways gameplay looks one part Dynasty Warriors so I'll reserve my enthusiasm until it's actually released. The art aesthetics looks nice and colorful though. I'm glad we are stepping away from grimdark fantasy for now.

Hyperion

Arcane
Looks good, sounds good, combat looks like it'll get boring in about 10 hours or so. Song in the 2016 trailer has some parts that remind me of FF6's OST, particularly Locke's / The Returner's theme.

Edit: Looks like it's based off a Japanese mobile game? OST for the mobile was done by Uematsu, explains the similar themes. This one will have 4-player multiplayer compatibility.

Machocruz

Arcane
Looks like Japanese Fantasy Game: The Game. Japan has a knack for making new games feel nostalgic. Which can be good or bad thing depending on the reasons behind that.

Silva

Arcane
Combat looks like Nier Automata. If they actually finish it this time with proper budget, it could be very interesting.

Don't know if it will sustain itself without Yoko Taro ideas, though.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I only know a little about this from friends who absolutely adore the original online game. For starters, the original game is in English (somehow). This is a spin-off that doesn't follow the main character of the gacha title. I believe the artist is the one behind the art of the original Final Fantasy Tactics, and has since done all the artwork/character design.

I'm personally looking forward to this because the world of Granblue is slightly interesting, in an early Final Fantasy sort of way. Though I don't want to play a gacha game to do it. I hope this can somehow lead to an adaptation of the main story, by Platinum. I would also count on this game getting localized, due to the aforementioned English audience and the fact that Platinum has published pretty much all of their works in English.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I imagine it will be coming to PC with western console release. The publisher Cygames is already doing Steam publishing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/granblu...nto-english-french-italian-german-and-spanish

Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link will be localized into English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish

Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link will be localized into English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, publisher Cygames confirmed to Gematsu.

The company also clarified, however, that it has yet to announce anything regarding release territories or dates.

As announced this past weekend, Cygames plans to reveal more about Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link during Granblue Fantasy Fes 2018, which will run from December 15 to 16 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba.

Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link is an action RPG in development at Platinum Games for PlayStation 4.

Vorark

Erudite
For a moment I thought it was the Re:Fantasy game or whatever it's called, then remembered it's being developed by Atlus.

Anyway, pleasing artwork. If only more Japanese games went this way instead of moe trash...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The aesthetic style of this game is quite pleasing to me. Glad that it's getting a western release, though I never really doubted that it wouldn't get one.

Hyperion

Arcane
nier automata is the only platinum game worth playing, and not because of anything platinum did either.
This game is looking like a Dragon's Dogma-lite with a unique, more robust art style, and wonderful use of a bright color palette, without resorting to complete moe faggotry. That puts it ahead of Nier: Automata already.

Silva

Arcane
Looks like Japanese Fantasy Game: The Game. Japan has a knack for making new games feel nostalgic. Which can be good or bad thing depending on the reasons behind that.
In other words: bland generic game that nobody remembers was released couple years later. Yeah, that's my impression too.

The PC market must be really bad for the Codex to be excited by shit like this.

Last edited:

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't care too much about jRPGs but this one looks cool. Hope it gets a PC release

Last edited:
First video is just a trailer showing character art, second is gameplay.

Different game, same series, Arc System Works is doing a fighting game called Granblue Fantasy Versus:

Gerrard

Arcane
Another fighting game aimed at casuals so some gay furry can win a sponsored tournament, great.

nier automata is the only platinum game worth playing, and not because of anything platinum did either.
It's not worth playing though, the gameplay is shit. Just go watch all the cutscenes somewhere fap to some 2B fanart.

Suicidal

Arcane
Never heard of this but from the gameplay video it seems vaguely Dragon's Dogma-ish. Can be interesting, will keep an eye on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom