Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I was thinking it would be better to let them come unmolested like they're used to and hit them while they're busy and hopefully separated."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Bran shrugs, "I doon think they'll be 'ere tonight? They come last night, an' they been comin' less an' less over the past couple o' weeks. But who knows?"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"How about we just sleep and have a rotating lookout? We all get some rest, and we won't get blindsided."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Watches are set, people settle in and eat rashers of cold salt pork, dried fish and apples past their prime, all washed down with a couple of flagons of wine tapped from a hogshead barrel in the root cellar where you all cram together. Fortunately the night passes without event and a warm, pleasant spring day dawns; for the first time in a very long time, it feels like you've all gotten a proper night of sleep (Everyone should make their weekly healing roll of 2D3).

Solon grumbles and seems reluctant to get off of his pallet of straw, but eventually raises his bulk and rises on creaky old knees, "Gods! I could sleep like that for a month!" He stretches with exaggerated effect and scratches his ample belly, groaning, "Ugh. What manner of insane walking and hiking over hill and dale do you have planned today gentlemen? If it's all the same to you, I think I'd rather just take one of the less-starved looking mules I saw out in the yard and make for Odessos, find a rosy-cheeked whore to dandle on my knee, and a tun of wine to drown myself in. Maybe I can trade in the mule for passage on a coster bound for Commorium?" He muses.

Oona rolls her eyes at him, and busies herself by combing out the tangles in her thick red hair, and Bran looks on with a slightly confused expression.

Siveon

Bot
"Solon for the love of Nimue, act with some tact. There are women and children here. Although, we should use the healthier horses to hurry along to Ghul. After we ambush these looters, I'd like some answers."

nikolokolus

Arcane
So is the intent to lay in wait and set an ambush? (You can hit the "yes" button, or give me the finger or whatever).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon rubs his chin and appears to ponder Urash's recrimination, "My master's fate? He's dead is he not? But of course the selfish bastard couldn't let nature take it's course could he? No, no! Not only that, he dumps me in these howling wastes surrounded by filthy, sheep shagging barbarians to moulder and rot for years with no hope of reprieve, no correspondence, no tomes to peruse, no chance to improve my art, just sit and put my thumb up my arse while he sits in his gilded tower playing at his schemes, while the likes of Abazion and other apprentices expand their knowledge and surpass me.

So Acadian, let me ask you a question: would you care? For my part I'm done with his schemes. Already I can feel his edict has been lifted; all I had to do was get beyond the bounds he had laid around the the Dardanii and I'm free, so I should thank you all for that. I intend to make use of what little time I have left."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I will hold no ill will if you take your leave, Solon. You have been helpful, and I thank you for that."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"You better move quick then, you'd take up most of your time walking to wherever you wish to go."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Solon seems almost surprised, "Oh? . . . Well then . . . I guess I'll take my leave." With that he slowly gathers what few things he still possesses, seems to think better of asking for his appurtenances back (his staff and spell book) and makes his way out into the yard where he hastily saddles a semi-healthy looking mule. 20 minutes later you see him descend the hill and pass out of sight somewhere down river on the way to Odessos.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ok, tell me your plans (broadly speaking)
  • How long do you intend to wait?
  • Where do you want to lay an ambush?
  • Do you do anything in the meantime?

nikolokolus

Arcane
While we wait, Urash will try to figure out the power of Syelle Ru's inscribed staff, as well as Oona's pulsating jewel. Rolls?
You can either make INTx1 rolls (sort of the same as deciphering a tome or a grimoire) and leave it to random chance, or you can describe how you manipulate an object; how you experiment with it.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
1: Improve escape tunnel so we can all use it if need be. Tie up the rope rather than leave it dangling. Disguise the whole thing.
2: Use towers to watch for their approach, but let them into the village. Hit them from all sides after they enter or try to when the split up to loot.
3: Try to take some alive to question. Might need to work on those nets we found.
4: Profit?
Any thoughts guys?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Not seeing a lot of pushback on Rhenmyr's plan . . . We'll go with it. Also, still waiting on healing rolls for everyone else (if necessary).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Part of the next day is spent widening the narrow tunnel under the palisade wall, and Bran's rope is coiled at the top of the precipice to keep it from being inadvertently spotted. With your labors done, you take up positions in the gate towers and wait . . . and wait . . . and wait. Three days pass without event, but at dusk on the third day, you spy about a dozen mounted figures trotting up the lane down by the river. Behind them are two wagons being pulled by teams of two mules. The wagons appear to be empty.

The men coming up the road can be heard laughing and talking loudly even from here and you wonder if they are drunk?

(Llywelyn ap Gruffydd and Siveon) Currently Amon and Marcán have the watch from the gate towers. You guess that it will be about five minutes before they reach the summit of the hillfort at their current rate of travel. Your companions are back in Bran's hut likely preparing the evening meal of fish, apples and salt pork, plus whatever else you've been able to scavenge.

Siveon

Bot
[2d3] = 5

"Aye, we'll probably wait long enough for you to get back. They don't look too tough but, might as well stay cautious." Marcán makes for the group.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
We had time to find or set up sniping and ambush positions I would imagine?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom