Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The members of the party fan out looking for firewood, everybody but Mab stoops to pick up litter off of the ground and recoils in disgust; the pieces are heavy and seem water-logged, but when you snap the wood over your knee or otherwise cut into it to inspect it, each piece is universally riddled with a peculiar rot. The interior is jet black and has the consistency of rotted cheese.

Fortunately Mab has a bit more luck. He finds some hard, black fungal growths around the massive trunk of a gnarled dead beech tree and shallow depression overhung with old tree roots that should make a passable campsite.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"I dun know why you're mucking around in the muck and driftwood, but I found a decent site."

Cormac looks around in disgust. "Ugghh, why do we always get to sleep in the muck? Why can't we end up in a nice location for once to sleep in."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Perhaps the gods have deemed that you need to build character, Cormac. And we must suffer by association."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Don't worry. They say all people must suffer, so we're just building up massive good karma and will be able to take it easy in our old age."

"I've seen my fair share of people that didn't make it to old age. Why not enjoy the now?" Cormac stomps around where he is standing to make sure the ground isn't too soggy before sitting down on his pack.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I want to scout ahead a bit while the light lasts. Anyone care to join me?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Alright. Let's make sure there are no nasty surprises just ahead."
I'd say a half hour scouting ride.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric, Mab, and Rhenmyr mount up and start making a spiraling circuit away from the campsite and deeper into the blackened woods. Each of you is struck by the overwhelming stillness of the place. Not a bird, nor squirrel, nor crawling insect is seen. Only, the now, faint croaking of frogs from the marsh breaks the silence.

You stay out for about a half an hour before circling back to your campsite in the gathering gloom.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sense roll [1d100] = 83
Track roll [1d100] = 12

Borric looks about the area for signs of threats.
Flubbed sense, passed tracking.
In the future if you could also post your skill total, it makes it easier for me to spot if you have a critical or a special success.

Borric pays careful attention to the ground looking for any trace of passage by man or beast. It's as if nothing has set foot in this woods for months.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In the future if you could also post your skill total, it makes it easier for me to spot if you have a critical or a special success.

Borric pays careful attention to the ground looking for any trace of passage by man or beast. It's as if nothing has set foot in this woods for months.
Usually would, when I'm posting from something more convenient than a phone.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So is it safe to assume that with your scouting mission complete you are all settling in at your camp? (If you are setting a watch, let me know, otherwise I'll assign a random order).

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr wants last watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom