Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"If need be, I am willing to go."

nikolokolus

Arcane
You estimate that the hut is about 1/2 miles to a mile away across the featureless bog. There is a ridge of semi-interconnected hummocks that meander in the direction of the hut, but there are no trees or scrub to take cover, only the occasional tuft of sedge or rush. "Hide" attempts will be difficult (half skill), but you are certainly able to try.

Just to be clear on my end, you are going alone?

Last edited:

Wayward Son

You estimate that the hut is about 1/2 mile to a mile away across the featureless bog. There is a ridge of semi-interconnected hummocks that meander in the direction of the hut, but there are no trees or scrub to take cover, only the occasional tuft of sedge or rush. "Hide" attempts will be difficult (half skill), but you are certainly able to try.

Just to be clear on my end, you are going alone?
I didn't want to speak for ERYFKRAD but if he doesn't want to then yes I'll go alone.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Wayward Son Make a hide and move quietly roll. If you wish to do anything else during your creeping, I leave it up to you to tell me the ways and means.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash observes as Mab tries to advance unseen, with mixed results.

He then watches Borric start after him.

Finally, he sighs and mutters: "Well, I suppose I can't be arguing for us to go there, and then not go the distance myself. Off we go again."

Urash follows some distance behind Borric.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr goes over the deceased Druids belongings. in his possession are various bits and bobs. A pouch full of bronze and silver, a pinch of mistletoe, a well-made dagger and the resplendent bas relief bronze shield with the head of a roaring lion embossed on its surface; slightly pitted and greened with a patina of age. The shield is slightly mesmerizing in its own way -- its craftsmanship and artistry seems beyond anything you've ever seen. You wonder what its story and its latent powers might be?

Meanwhile, Borric strides purposefully across the stinking marsh with Mab carefully creeping from hummock to hummock behind him and Urash a hundred yards or so behind him. Borric finds that there are many sunken logs laying in the soggy ground bridging some of the more saturated areas. When he steps on them and they support his weight, but don't feel all that secure. Despite your misgivings and a rising sense of unease as the bog goes very quiet, nothing unusual or disastrous happens and you walk the last dozen or so yards and come up to the hut sitting about 10 feet off of the ground on two large knobby stilts rising out of a murky pool of black swamp water. Stragely there are no stairs leading to the hut. You walk a complete circuit around the pool and also discover that there is no door. However a plume of black and gray smoke continues to curl from the central a stone chimney set into the center of the conical, thatched roof. A few minutes later Urash and Mab join Borric and discover the puzzling sight.

Cormac looks over Rhenmyr as he searches Ker's belongings. "So, are you going to use that shield? I'm sure Ker would want one of us to get some use out of it."

L'ennui

Magister
"No doors, yet a chimney... whoever is inside must have come in from the roof, unless there is another entrance hidden somewhere. Consider also that a strangely communicative crow led us here. One who could grow tiny and winged would indeed need no other entry than a chimney... I wager a shapeshifter awaits us. But for good or ill?"

Wayward Son

"If the crow be that who lives here, and enters through the chimney then perhaps we can sneak your crow in? Or, if it be a shapeshifter, then it would be a powerful magi, who may have no need for doors but a need for privacy from all those who are unworthy."

L'ennui

Magister
"If we have been invited, as would seem to be the case, certainly the privacy of this place has already been forfeit by its owner. Even then I should not like to send Maru-Enlil rudely unannounced, lest we offend our host or be taken for spies and brigands."

After a moment of consideration, Urash clears his throat and proclaims loudly:

"Here stand Borric, Mab and Urash, who answer your beckon! Show yourself if the ancient custom of hospitality has any worth to you, and if it does not, let us away without trouble, which we are sure to repay in kind!"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I can certainly make use of the shield. It looks like it would offer more protection than my targe, which you're welcome to, when I'm in the thick of battle. Someone will be able to use the dagger, I'm sure, and the coin will buy a round in his honor. Does anyone have use of mistletoe?"

"My shield should be fine for the time being. Maybe one of the others can use your targe when they return? The mistletoe is of no use to me, but maybe of use to Urash?" Cormac pulls out his flask and takes a drink. "I thought the area around the village was an awful place, then we decided to come here."

Cormac cringes after Rhenmyr's comment. "I do not look forward to that. I hope the group hurries up, the longer we remain here, the more likely we end up like our horses."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
"If we have been invited, as would seem to be the case, certainly the privacy of this place has already been forfeit by its owner. Even then I should not like to send Maru-Enlil rudely unannounced, lest we offend our host or be taken for spies and brigands."

"Here stand Borric, Mab and Urash, who answer your beckon! Show yourself if the ancient custom of hospitality has any worth to you, and if it does not, let us away without trouble, which we are sure to repay in kind!"
Just a reminder of what the crow said: "Away you fools. Tarry not in this curst place. Go back to your village across the river and let the dead lie."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"My cousin is right, it wouldn't be inaccurate to say we're poking at the proverbial hornet's nest, and then waiting to see what happens next. "

Continuity check, isn't Mab with Borric and Urash at the moment?

nikolokolus

Arcane
"My cousin is right, it wouldn't be inaccurate to say we're poking at the proverbial hornet's nest, and then waiting to see what happens next. "

Continuity check, isn't Mab with Borric and Urash at the moment?
Yes

L'ennui

Magister

Just a reminder of what the crow said: "Away you fools. Tarry not in this curst place. Go back to your village across the river and let the dead lie."

Oh. :negative:

Let's pretend Urash is too tired and not thinking straight. Like me!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom