Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A small smile spreads across Rhenmyr's face. "So there are some happy endings in the stories? Better than I expected! Anything you could tell us about the great tree and its inhabitants would be most welcome."

"Well, it looks like we are all going to die if we follow the trail to Oona. Oona sure seems to be cursed, this is the second time she has been in grave danger in the short time we have known her. Is it her lot in life to be in constant danger?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab looks at her and says, "While I value your counsel, wise woman of Dinas Dardanii, I will have to tell you that I will follow this lead regardless. I gave my word to Brule that I would find her. And my word is not something I Break easily. I will not abandon another fellow Pict to a possible painful death. I cannot speak for my friends here, however, and would not blame them for heeding the advices of one so wise as yourself."

Can I roll toknow what the Convergence is as a Pict?
You, or anyone else who wishes to do so, can either make an INT x1 roll or make an Art (astrology) roll (which you don't have)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán fails to remember any such thing known as Conergence, must've missed out on that lesson on Pictish lore.

"Sadly I stand by my companions. I think we've gotten used to facing less-than-desirable odds, but I thank you for the advice all the same. At the very least we know what we're up against."

L'ennui

Magister
Urash's eyes gleam intensely at the Druness's tale. He echoes his comrades, his enthusiasm coming across clearly in spite of his thick Acadian accent. "I for one can scarcely pass up the chance to investigate such a mysterious, nay, cosmically portentous occurrence! The highest masters of Kor's academy would kill for such a momentous blessing! And besides... Brule has been an staunch ally. I shall not desert him or his kin lightly."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rioná nods at all of your words of solidarity and her demeanor seems to soften somewhat, "Well all of us should be so lucky to have friends as stalwart as you all, but I'm not sure what use I can be to you . . . aside from that business one of your kin needs proper burial I take it?" She cranes her neck and looks across the village toward the common house, where your horses are tethered. "Bring him to me and I'll see to it that all proper preparations are made according to our traditions. At sunset I will cremate him on a pyre outside of the town walls if that is agreeable to you?" She glances at Cormac, "You are an Arawnite are you not? I couldn't help but notice your torc of office, you can assist me if you wish."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Very well." She says to Cormac.

"With that I leave you to whatever other business you wish to conduct here in Dinas Dardanii. Know this, we have few rules, but none are permitted within the shrine of Cailleach on pain of death . . . I say this because I am beginning to find your presence not intolerable. It would be a shame to have to lash you to a wicker man and set you afire." She smiles faintly. "Oh . . . and before you go, I suspect you'll want to talk with Solon in yonder tower. He's a strange outsider like you all. I'm sure he's starving for news of the wider world and I doubt he'd ever forgive me if I didn't send you his way."

Siveon

Bot
Marcán's face visibly panics at the thought of immolation. "Yes, well, the feeling is mutual. I'll make sure to convene with Solon, I can understand the feeling of being stuck in a village for a bit."

nikolokolus

Arcane
It's a short jaunt from the shrine to the dilapidated and tumble-down looking tower at the edge of the village. As you get closer you realize just how close the building looks to imminent collapse; blocks have fallen from the merlons overhead, great heaps of moss and ivy cover the base, and a set of rickety wooden steps, that appear half-rotten lead up to the cracked and warped wooden door of the tower's entrance. One of you carefully walks up the steps and raps loudly on the bronze door knocker set in the middle of the.

A muffled yell erupts from within, in heavily accented Pictish, "Get out of here, you damn urchins! I'll not fall for your juvenile pranks this time!" You rap on the door again, and after several dozen seconds and a good deal more shouting, the door is flung open and a wild-eyed man, haggard and wan looking, gazes unsteadily back you.
If49rle.jpg

He strikes an unimpressive figure with his simple, and filthy, brown robe belted at the waist with a length of rope, but his face gradually changes from anger to flustered consternation. His awful salt and pepper beard hanging in wispy tufts around his three chins, quivers as he speaks. "Who in blazes are you?"

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"Greetings sir. Are you the one who goes by the name of Solon? My name is Marcán, and we are travelers from faraway lands. The Druness Rioná sent us here, said you might want to hear of the comings and goings of the people beyond the pictish."

nikolokolus

Arcane
He raises his bushy eyebrows in surprise at Marcán's words, and then looks at each of you in turn, "Oh . . . pardon my manners, I thought you were those little brats come to put another dung heap on my stoop. Travelers eh? Well I can see that just by looking at you. I haven't seen such a motley crew since . . ." his voice momentarily trails off, before he lightly coughs and continues, "Well . . . since a long time ago. If you have news then come in, I was just completing a new batch of spirits. Kick off your boots over in the corner there and have a nip, and tell me what brings you out to this godsforsaken patch of cold-hell."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab chuckles, "Well, for my part, this gods forsaken cold hell is my homeland. I found these folks wandering, and since our goals at the time lined up, I joined them. As for their reasons for being here, I'm as curious as you are."

L'ennui

Magister
"Well met, friend. I am Urash of the city of Kor, whose mighty walls and towers pierce the sky in distant Acadia. I traveled here on an... academic fact-finding mission."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I'm Borric of the steppes. As for why I come this far out my lands... it's a longer story than we may have time for."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The elderly fat man's eyes twinkle with mirth, "Stop me if you've heard this one before. 'A Kurgan, a Pict and an Acadian walk into a wine house . . . ' Oh, I can see from the look on your faces that you have have heard that one before." He coughs a little, shaking his jowls, "Urash you say you come from Kor, I spent a long winter there a long time ago, studying at an academy. Tell me, which Academy are you pledged to, and why by Biera's cold teets did they send you to outer Pictland?"

Last edited:
Cormac sighs at the old fat guys attempt at a joke, then mutters. "Well, at least our reception here was better than back at Koren Ghul's tower."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom