Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Lovely." Rhenmyr says plucking leeches. "Lets be moving on."

Stygian venom resistance any help against leech disease?
I hadn't really thought of that when I did the culture write-up, but it certainly makes sense that you'd have a bit of a bonus, so sure, give Rhenmyr the +10% to stamina rolls against disease (but no half-damage, since diseases work slightly differently). so Stamina of 65 becomes 75, still a failure in this case.

nikolokolus

Arcane
[1d100] = 100 vs 50. Yikes!

"Oh, this can't be good..."
From your mouth to god's ears
Urash plucks the leeches from his frame revealing dozens of thick black welts that ooze blood cover his torso, arms and legs.
Urash's CON damage from disease [2d3] = 4
You feel weak and your body is wracked with chills.

If anybody has any magical means of healing now might be the time to put it to good use. FYI, the skill "Physik" doesn't do anything to restore lost Characteristic points, but can restore lost HP, the Potions skill combined with a Nature roll might allow you to harvest the right ingredients and distill them into a curative. Otherwise, here's how recovery works: After your next rest, anybody afflicted with the disease needs to make a CON x2 roll. If you pass the roll, then the disease has run its course. If you fail the roll, you suffer more lost CON. Every day thereafter you increase the multiplier by 1 (CONx3, CONx4, etc.) until you pass the Stamina roll or run out of CON (if you reach 0 CON you die).

L'ennui

Magister
From your mouth to god's ears
Urash plucks the leeches from his frame revealing dozens of thick black welts that ooze blood cover his torso, arms and legs.
Urash's CON damage from disease [2d3] = 4
You feel weak and your body is wracked with chills.

If anybody has any magical means of healing now might be the time to put it to good use. FYI, the skill "Physik" doesn't do anything to restore lost Characteristic points, but can restore lost HP, the Potions skill combined with a Nature roll might allow you to harvest the right ingredients and distill them into a curative. Otherwise, here's how recovery works: After your next rest, anybody afflicted with the disease needs to make a CON x2 roll. If you pass the roll, then the disease has run its course. If you fail the roll, you suffer more lost CON. Every day thereafter you increase the multiplier by 1 (CONx3, CONx4, etc.) until you pass the Stamina roll or run out of CON (if you reach 0 CON you die).

"I feel... dizzy. This can't be right. Ugh..."

I've lowered my CON, Stamina and Hit Points. Is there anything I might have missed?

nikolokolus

Arcane
"I feel... dizzy. This can't be right. Ugh..."

I've lowered my CON, Stamina and Hit Points. Is there anything I might have missed?
As long as you have JavaScript enabled for the sheet it should automagically recalculate every CON based attribute or skillon the sheet. So some of your perception based skills will drop too.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Weary and somewhat worse for your trek across the swamp, you sit in the middle of the dike road pondering your choices ...

L'ennui

Magister
As long as you have JavaScript enabled for the sheet it should automagically recalculate every CON based attribute or skillon the sheet. So some of your perception based skills will drop too.
I don't seem to have autocalculation features on my phone's PDF reader. I edited the values manually as per the MW book. For Stamina, do we round up or down?

"Comrades... is the way not clear?" Urash winces as he forces out the words. "We must pursue the path we set upon steadily, lest we be trapped in this absurd hell and fail to repay our debt of honor by rescuing Oona. I do not wish to die in ill standing with the gods."

Urash's bird pecks at a leech on the ground. The Acadian shoos it away with his staff, and finds himself panting at this simple effort.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Aye. The sooner we complete our task, the sooner we can rest and recuperate." Rhenmyr says eying one of his discolored wounds.

nikolokolus

Arcane
0a4804aed95d28e6640573fced05266d--mystical-forest-tree-tunnel.jpg

nikolokolus

Arcane
The road through the swamp runs straight and true for several leagues. Occasionally strange noises echo through the trees. After about two hours of walking along the dreary path, you look ahead at the surface of the where it seems to writhe and move, closer inspection reveals strange red worms from a few centimeters to to nearly a meter long, wriggling up from the swampy water on the south side of the bank and slithering across the road in a knotted mass. As you stop to ponder what these things might be, you look around and to the south of you in the middle of the swamp, you can just make a cluster of mounds almost entirely obscured by the trees about a 100 meters off of the elevated road.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr watches the wriggling worms for awhile. The wriggling mass continues to flow over the dike road from south to north, after a few minutes it seems like the mass is getting larger, or perhaps the size of the works is increasing?

The hillocks are surrounded by swamp water and covered in Cypress trees and willows that make it hard to discern anything about them.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The worms are forming a "carpet" across the road and down into the water on either side of the dike. The wriggling mass is probably 10 meters wide.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash rips some of his cloak off and wraps the fabric around the tip of his staff. He imbibes the tissue with some of his lamp oil and ignites it with his flint and steel.

Approaching the mass of worms slowly, Urash lowers the burning end of the staff towards it, hoping the creatures wriggle out of the way and clear a path.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The worms recoil when the open flame on Urash's staff gets within a couple of inches of them. Some of the larger worms hiss and raise up a foot or so into the air; their tri-part jaws open up revealing maws lined with concentric rings of razor sharp white teeth. With enough lit torches or some other conflagration, you feel confident that you can force a temporary path through them. Hopefully no larger worms suddenly appear . . .

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric follows Urash's suit, putting together a makeshift torch of his own.
"This would drive these worms away, but too many torches and we might be showing ourselves to anything nearby that doesn't mind a bit of fire." He looks around uneasily.
"Best we don't light more than three torches, methinks."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom