Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

L'ennui

Magister
Urash shakes Yavo's hand and resolves to pick up the mixture as soon as possible. Noticing Marrowheart's departure, the Acadian asks the others discreetly: "Shall we simply let him go? What should we do?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Kick the disease? (65+10): [1d100] = 28

"I'll take the healing potions as useful as your other offerings sound."
I'm probably just forgetting something, but what is the +10 from? Is that your Stygian heritage bonus? Also,(bad on me) but I must have missed Rhenmyr contracting the disease too, I thought it was just Marcán, Urash and Solon? Whatever. Ignore the man behind the curtain
wizard-of-oz.gif

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Kick the disease? (65+10): [1d100] = 28

"I'll take the healing potions as useful as your other offerings sound."
I'm probably just forgetting something, but what is the +10 from? Is that your Stygian heritage bonus? Also,(bad on me) but I must have missed Rhenmyr contracting the disease too, I thought it was just Marcán, Urash and Solon? Whatever. Ignore the man behind the curtain
wizard-of-oz.gif

Yup. Stygian hardiness. Not that it helped. Shakes fist at the Unseen Servant.

"I doubt attacking him and his guards in the woods without a plan would be wise. I suggest we recouperate and check out the rumoured redhead on the isle. Trouble will find us without us seeking it, I'm sure."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Assuming nobody is trying to set an ambush for Mallowheart and his retinue, or wants to do anything else

Everyone gets their weekly 2D3 Hit Points for rest, and those still afflicted with Blood Fever need to make 3 Stamina rolls: CONx3 the first day, CONx4, the second and CONx5 the morning of the third. If you pass a test you have rid yourself of the disease; if you fail a test then lower your CON by one point.

Fanrin leads you back to the hidden door, set into the hollow tree, descends the long staircase, walks under the River Hameth and leads you back to Dreg, no worse for wear, just as he promised he would. The next three days pass somewhat uneventfully as you all nurse your aching limbs and, heal up and eventually receive all of the goods that you commissioned from Fanrin and Yavo, as well as the trading of spells with the Haberdasher. However about 2 days after you get back from the Goblin Market in the woods, you see a jauntily-clad bipedal cat-like person about 3' tall walk cautiously into the hostel you are staying in; it's your acquaintance Moggle Ratsbane from Lankshorn. One of his ears is badly torn and his left arm hangs limply at his side. His demeanor changes from pensive and drawn, to relieved when he sees you in the common area.

"Allo' laddies! Ye din think ya could get rid o' a Ratsbane so easily didjya?"
He then goes on to fill you in on the misadventures of Lankshorn. Apparently the giants - Sreng and his bunch -- wreaked some terrible havoc on Lankshorn and last he saw they were 30 strong and had laid siege to Lord Malbleat's manse. Unfortunately, there was a massive fire and about 3/4 of the village is now a smoldering ruin. In the commotion Moggle says he gave them slip some how and skulked along the Fisher's Road, to the shore of Loch Longmere, where he stole a boat and let it slowly drift out into the sluggish current where it eventually emptied into the River Hameth. He pulled out about 1 mile upstream when he saw Harridwn's Keep burned to the ground on the tor that overlooks the river and immediately wondered if it was you lot. He still has the small 20' foot long driftboat, but it needs a new tiller (it broke on the rocks when he beached it) and it while it has a working sail (that he hasn't the faintest idea how to operate), it doesn't have any oars. However, he says it is watertight and "lake worthy."

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I'm glad to see alive, though you do look a little worse for wear. The local apothecary may be of some assistance, and Amon here has a fair bit of experience with arm issues. We've been recovering from our own escapades though swamps and a keep full of people needing cleansing fire. As for moving on, I'm no sailor but oars shouldn't prove too difficult to procure I hope. We may need to check out the isle before we leave the area though."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Indeed, if only to confirm such rumors, we should check the Isle of the Mistress immediately before leaving."

L'ennui

Magister
[1d100] = 72 vs 27 CON for the first day. One more CON down the drain.

[1d100] = 99 vs 36 for the second day. Who needs CON anyway? Not Urash, that's who... :negative:

[1d100] = 26 vs 45 for the morning of the third!!

nikolokolus In updating my character sheet, I see that I have 17 HP but my previous CON was 9, Size is 11, so it should have been 20, and now it should be 18 (-2 CON) as per the Heroic Hit Points rule. I figure I must be missing something, do you have any insight? I've also nerfed Urash's CON-derived skills. At least the shit show is over... fingers crossed.

I've inscribed Sorceror's Soul into my grimoire from the haberdasher.

Urash immediately drank Yavo's concoction when he received it.

INT raised by: [1d3] = 3!

POW raised by: [1d3] = 1. Oh well, better than a bout of Blood Fever. Characteristics and derived skills have been updated.

Urash concurs with the others saying the island will need to be investigated before they leave.

nikolokolus

Arcane
[1d100] = 72 vs 27 CON for the first day. One more CON down the drain.

[1d100] = 99 vs 36 for the second day. Who needs CON anyway? Not Urash, that's who... :negative:

[1d100] = 26 vs 45 for the morning of the third!!

nikolokolus In updating my character sheet, I see that I have 17 HP but my previous CON was 9, Size is 11, so it should have been 20, and now it should be 18 (-2 CON) as per the Heroic Hit Points rule. I figure I must be missing something, do you have any insight? I've also nerfed Urash's CON-derived skills. At least the shit show is over... fingers crossed.

I've inscribed Sorceror's Soul into my grimoire from the haberdasher.

Urash immediately drank Yavo's concoction when he received it.

INT raised by: [1d3] = 3!

POW raised by: [1d3] = 1. Oh well, better than a bout of Blood Fever. Characteristics and derived skills have been updated.

Urash concurs with the others saying the island will need to be investigated before they leave.
Assuming you are opening and saving the sheet in an offline PDF reader like Adobe DC or Foxit reader, all of the calculations should be done for you automatically: Hit Points, CON Mod, INT mod, etc. should all change as you alter primary characteristics. If the sheet isn't doing that then something is wrong and it probably is best to make a new one. With Foxit reader it's really easy. Just export the form data to a file, download a fresh sheet and import the data. The key thing here is that you store the sheet in a google drive folder on your local hard drive and edit that pdf so it can sync with the cloud. I've had no luck with mobile app PDF readers for instance, getting them to execute the javascript in the forms and/or save properly.

The newest version of the sheet has a lot of changes to the old one, and should make it much easier to keep track of things. It's downloadable on the Obsidian Portal Character Creation page.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
When everybody gets their character completely updated: weekly healing roll, new items, spent money, lost/gained attributes, etc. let me know by hitting the 'agree' button; that lets me know when to continue (if you need help or aren't sure about something hit me up with a PM)

nikolokolus

Arcane
When everybody gets their character completely updated: weekly healing roll, new items, spent money, lost/gained attributes, etc. let me know by hitting the 'agree' button; that lets me know when to continue (if you need help or aren't sure about something hit me up with a PM)
A friendly reminder: Just two folks to go @L'ennu and ERYFKRAD In the meantime, if you all want to jump back into "roleplay mode" and formulate your plans, interrogate Moggle, reconnoiter, whatever. Go ahead and tell me what it is your character is doing once healed and rested. You can ask me direct questions about the layout of the town, rumors you might hear, etc.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Moggle, what do you know of the Lady and her isle? Her people put on quite a spectacle."

Rhenmyr spends some of his downtime staking out the docks looking for a chance to acquire "abandoned" oars.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle's whiskers twitch and he smiles at Rhenmyr. "I don't know much but I've 'eard plenty, if you catch my meaning? Shantywood is a pleasure den known everywhere for being the most delightful, debauched, debased, place you can burn your hard-won coin, and if ye've dreams to trade ye can even get an audience with the mistress o' Shantywood 'erself. As for the lady all who ply the waters of Hameth Rill, or seek to cross back and forth between High Hankle and the Woald, gives The Lady of Shantywood Isle full tribute, and tis also said she's at odds with The Cold Prince, or maybe a better way of sayin' it is she's rebuffed him and he's at odds with her? Rumors abound about the Madame's face and how tis always hidden behind an alabaster mask; some say that's because she's a hideous gorgon who'll turn you to stone, but other say she's so beautiful men fall to fighting over her if they but glimpse her face . . . I'm not sure which stories I believe, but I'm guessing she can't be too bad if every Dubh Sidhe laird from the four corners of Annwn come a callin' to win 'her favor. Why do you ask?"

Rhenmyr waits next to the docks for a day or two looking for an opportunity. Eventually you spy a 15-foot rowboat tethered to the docks; a pair of fishermen tie it off and head into a local tavern (If you're trying to purloin the oars give me a rough outline of a plan and then I'll tell you what you need to roll).

Amon looks down at the cat and raises an eyebrow at his description of the lady. "Knowing this place, I'm going with Gorgon face. Moggle, just to make sure, are you being followed or tracked by anyone that is really angry with you? I would hate to have a surprise to wake up to in the next few days."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle holds his hand up to his chest, and replies in a hurt tone, "Followed? Moi?! I think not. As I said Sreng and his bunch seemed to forget all about me when the guards started laying into them with ballistae, and catapults; they seemed very intent on Malbleat's manse atop Prigmarin Hill."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Instead of rowing the boat, how feasible is it to push the boat and guide it's steering from outside?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Instead of rowing the boat, how feasible is it to push the boat and guide it's steering from outside?
The river seems very deep and somewhat swift. At its narrowest point between Dreg and the falls several miles downstream it's at least 1,000 feet wide. steering/pulling/nudging from the outside isn't impossible, but would likely require a great feat of stamina to resist the icy waters and some significant swimming ability.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Perhaps if we rotate swimmers outside we can make do without oars, more so if we were tied to the boat so that we won't sink."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Well, if rumors are true Moggle, we may need to liberate someone from her isle. Well chaps, I have spotted some 'abandoned' oars. Perhaps we can formulate a plan to rescue the poor things"

I think stealing the oars would be less risky than rotating swimmers. Any ideas?

L'ennui

Magister
Standing amidst the others, Urash motions for his bird to come to him and the rook Maru-Enlil obediently perches himself atop the Acadian's outstretched hand. Looking into the bird's eyes, Urash distractedly mutters:

"Hmmm... yes... I'd rather "borrow" an oar..."

Urash leans forward and whispers something to the bird.

"... than swim across the river..."

Urash points the rook at the isle and launches the bird into the air.

"...or we could take the ferry and hope for the best... In the meantime, let us see what our little friend here can find."

Casting Bird's Vision on Maru-Enlil ([1d100] = 20 vs 92 Casting)

The bird has been instructed to circle the isle from above, and try to see into some windows if possible. Do you want a roll for that nikolokolus ?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Casting Bird's Vision on Maru-Enlil ([1d100] = 20 vs 92 Casting)

The bird has been instructed to circle the isle from above, and try to see into some windows if possible. Do you want a roll for that nikolokolus ?
I'll handle any rolls needed in secret. Just let me know what the bird's search skill is

EDIT: Just looked at Urash's Character sheet, no stats for Maru-Enlil. I'll put it in there for you (I assume you are using Character sheet 2.0) I'm to using modified stats for a hawk, scaled down in SIZ, and no claw attack.
For reference:
Maru-Enlil the rook
STR 1, CON 5, SIZ 1, INT 4, POW 7, DEX 29 Move: 1 (12 flying)
Hit Points: 3
Damage Bonus: –1D6
Armor: None
Attacks: Bite 30%, 1D3-db

Skills: Dodge 75%, Search 100%, Bravery: 30%, Curiosity: 75%

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash sends his rook skyward and it circles the island several times giving Urash a full spectrum view of the grounds. The large stone manse is three stories tall, and built in a delicate, overly ornate style that is unlike anything you've ever seen: fluted, sculpted spires, curved glass domes for for its roofs, pale, rose-colored marble walls inset with semi-translucent glass, wherein dim outlines of figures can just be made out inside. Manu-Enlil, eventually perches on a lofty spire and observes for about 4 or 5 while you hope to catch a glimpse of something notable. Unfortunately very little seems to be happening outside and the glass is too opaque to tell what is going on inside. All you note is that the barge that goes back and forth between Dreg and the Island isn't the only one. On the opposite side of the Island (invisible from Dreg) you see another barge tethered to a dock, where busty, nude maidens of incredible size lounge along rails, likely waiting for passengers to or from the Island.

Just before your spell winks out you do notice two large green, jade statues, about 12' tall sculpted into 4-armed nude women, each is armed with a spear and 2 swords standing sentinel outside of the main door of the manse. They seem remarkably life-like, but are utterly still.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle listens intently, "So what's the prize in this caper to break into The Lady's house? Her diadem, her clockwork owl, the Ioun Stone?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"There are rumors of a red haired woman on the isle. It could be the woman we're here to rescue."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom