Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Playstation Now - Sony streaming service - coming to PC!

---

Arcane
PlayStation Now Coming to PC, DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Unveiled

We’re excited to announce that PlayStation Now is making the jump to Windows PC. The app launches overseas in parts of Europe soon and will come to North America shortly thereafter.
This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.

We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99. This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

The adaptor is a great match for playing PS Now on a computer, but you can also use it for PS4 Remote Play on PC and Mac. If you haven’t yet downloaded Remote Play on your PC or Mac, grab the installer here. Of course, owning the USB Wireless Adaptor isn’t required, as you can connect a DualShock 4 using a USB cable.

Here are the recommended specs for running PS Now on your PC:

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port
A minimum 5Mbps connection is required to use PS Now on any device. We recommend a wired Internet connection for the optimal experience.
We’ll be in touch to confirm the exact launch date of the PlayStation Now Windows PC app in North America, and stay tuned for some exciting games that will be added to the library.

--- source
The question is: what is the purpose of console now, since Xbox One will share its exclusive games with Windows, and Playstation Now is coming to PC?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PlayStation Now Coming to PC, DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Unveiled

We’re excited to announce that PlayStation Now is making the jump to Windows PC. The app launches overseas in parts of Europe soon and will come to North America shortly thereafter.
This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.

We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99. This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

The adaptor is a great match for playing PS Now on a computer, but you can also use it for PS4 Remote Play on PC and Mac. If you haven’t yet downloaded Remote Play on your PC or Mac, grab the installer here. Of course, owning the USB Wireless Adaptor isn’t required, as you can connect a DualShock 4 using a USB cable.

Here are the recommended specs for running PS Now on your PC:

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port
A minimum 5Mbps connection is required to use PS Now on any device. We recommend a wired Internet connection for the optimal experience.
We’ll be in touch to confirm the exact launch date of the PlayStation Now Windows PC app in North America, and stay tuned for some exciting games that will be added to the library.

--- source
The question is: what is the purpose of console now, since Xbox One will share its exclusive games with Windows, and Playstation Now is coming to PC?
What do I care about consoles? Let Sony and MS deal with that. What I care about is that I can play those PS games on PC. Fucking Yeah!:kfc:

---

Arcane
Yeah, there are a couple of game that I really would try.
I was thinking about buying a PS4, but now I'm really considering NX.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

I think this was a good move by Sony. I think a smarter move would have been to partner with Valve/Steam OS, though. Both Sony and Valve would benefit from distancing themselves from Xbox as much as they can IMO. But this is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't the DS4 bluetooth like the DS3? Why need $25 adapter instead of just $5 dongle?
Well this says that with this you can use all the futures of a DS4, touchpad, LED lights, built in speaker. I'm not sure you can use the touchpad with a 5 dollar dongle for example. With a standard dongle, it might just work like a regular gamepad.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Isn't the DS4 bluetooth like the DS3? Why need $25 adapter instead of just $5 dongle?
Well this says that with this you can use all the futures of a DS4, touchpad, LED lights, built in speaker. I'm not sure you can use the touchpad with a 5 dollar dongle for example. With a standard dongle, it might just work like a regular gamepad.
You can with ds4windows.

p2.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
What I'm hearing is the dubious part about all of this is the "streaming" part.

Glorious PC Master Race doesn't want lag, latency or skipping of any kind, and that's exactly what the presence of that word brings.

This could be a good thing...but then again the PS4 version of Tetris is the worst Tetris conversion of all time.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wouldn't mind giving it a trial, but I really don't feel like buying a PS4 gamepad if that's really the only input method they're approving.

Lucky

Arcane
A service with no product ownership and all which that entails, which is nothing good for consumers. I recall something about other big publishers considering similar systems, so hopefully this flops and sets a precedent. Better it crash and burn too if you really want those games, as they'll never make actually decent ports of them if this takes off.

Suicidal

Arcane
Hope I can play Nier, AKA the only PS game I give a shit about, with this.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
A service with no product ownership and all which that entails, which is nothing good for consumers. I recall something about other big publishers considering similar systems, so hopefully this flops and sets a precedent. Better it crash and burn too if you really want those games, as they'll never make actually decent ports of them if this takes off.
They would never make a PC port of PS exclusives like Uncharted, so I don't want to crash and burn.

Severian Silk

:oops: I didn't realize this was a streaming service.

:argh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky

Arcane
They would never make a PC port of PS exclusives like Uncharted, so I don't want to crash and burn.

Even if that were true, missing out on a few ports is far more preferable to this service taking root and major publishers following suit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Even if that were true, missing out on a few ports is far more preferable to this service taking root and major publishers following suit.
Until the technology is there, I doubt this will happen. And if the technology advances to a point where you can stream games like Crysis at max fidelity with 60 fps, without the need for a dedicated gaming PC, I would be into it. Let's not kid ourselves, we are licencing games now anyway on places like Steam, Origin and UPlay.

And I could keep my GOG collection as games which I really own.

Lucky

Arcane
Until the technology is there, I doubt this will happen. And if the technology advances to a point where you can stream games like Crysis at max fidelity with 60 fps, without the need for a dedicated gaming PC, I would be into it. Let's not kid ourselves, we are licencing games now anyway on places like Steam, Origin and UPlay.

And I could keep my GOG collection as games which I really own.

At that point you're playing on a glorified console with even less control. That's not a direction I want to see PC gaming take, which is why I'm hoping this bombs sufficiently to make the costs of entrance too high for others to consider trying as well.

Dexter

Arcane
Streaming sucks ass. May it go the way of "OnLive" or "GaiKai" or whatever, fuck the apologists with a rusty spiked dildo. You don't want games streamed with all that entails and special "business models" that would come with that "We interrupt this Gameplay to bring you a few Messages from our Sponsors" or "Pay only $5.99 to have increased Graphics Options on our Platinum Plus service". Also it would mean death of Modding, Ownership and various other things.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
So, previous gen console games with bonus compression artifacts and input lag. HOW EXCITING.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom