Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please delete my account

RandomAccount

Your site is breaking its own rules:

I regularly have people post posts at me that are nothing but personal hate which offer nothing to the topic, they are purely personal in nature and are off-topic and relate to threads made months ago and this behavior is stalker-ish as defined by your rules.

Your mods are even condoning the action by performing said actions themselves, continually removing my threads based on personal bias, offering no reason or debate, no PMs and basically give the green light to the aforementioned behaviour by refusing to discuss their role in this state of affairs.

Ugly hypocrisy at its finest - and people wonder why everything's shit in the world of RPGs - check you're own bed...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Your site is breaking its own rules:

I regularly have people post posts at me that are nothing but personal hate which offer nothing to the topic, they are purely personal in nature and are off-topic and relate to threads made months ago and this behavior is stalker-ish as defined by your rules.

Your mods are even condoning the action by performing said actions themselves, continually removing my threads based on personal bias, offering no reason or debate, no PMs and basically give the green light to the aforementioned behaviour by refusing to discuss their role in this state of affairs.

Ugly hypocrisy at its finest - and people wonder why everything's shit in the world of RPGs - check you're own bed...
Sorry, users who have declared their intent to leave have chosen to opt-out and therefore aren't protected by the rules.

RandomAccount

I'd love to self-delete and all but... oh wait... you don't supply your 'customers' with a self-delete button do you...

RandomAccount

Yeah, real amusing isn't it, all this hyperbole about how it's the users who are the trolls and wastes of space when all the time it's just cynical site representatives looking for accounts figures to pass onto advertisers and deliberately popcorn inducing drivel to boost viewing figures - who gives a fuck about sincerity and a better 'RPG' community, that's just the name, it means fuck all, but, meh, who gives a shit, dumb morons opened an account didn't they...

...and they can't delete it...

RandomAccount

I think you're a ridiculous cunt, but, meh, opinions are like assholes I guess..

RandomAccount

Can you delete my account please, this site is as useful to RPGs as a cock is to a room full of old nuns

RandomAccount

Oh yeah, love all the staff rushing out to shit-post instead of actually doing their job...

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Can you delete my account please, this site is as useful to RPGs as a cock is to a room full of old nuns
peado-pope.jpg
Check your privilege.

RandomAccount

Check your privilege.

I don't give a fuck about privilage, I'd like the staff to do their job and delete my account so that I can have a clear conscience that fuck-heads aren't profiting from my misery. If you can cope with that concept at all...

RandomAccount

SHOULD YOU USE COMPLICATED ACCOUNT DELETION PROCESSES?
Considering how many major sites out there have complex methods for deleting accounts, should this be industry standard? Should all sites employ these methods to help retain users who can’t be bothered to follow a multi-step process? Probably not.

There are a few things to consider when deciding whether you want to make it complicated for a user to delete their account. First of all, if your deletion process is going to be handled by customer service representatives, do you have the manpower to do so? If you suddenly have a thousand members who want to delete their accounts, do you have the resources to handle that?

Do you expect users to regularly delete their accounts just to sign up for a new one a week later? If it’s complicated to delete their account, they may never sign up for another one, not wanting to go through the process again.

Inactive accounts can also eat up your system resources. Server space can become an issue, especially on very popular sites (or sites with very low budgets). Plus, it makes maintenance and backups more intensive, since there’s more data to deal with. Making it easier for people to delete their accounts if they’re not using your service can help relieve that load.

The level of complexity for the account deletion process is something that needs to be considered on a site-by-site basis. In general, the easier the process is, the better; however, it is important to make sure that users may be having a bad day and make a mistake by closing an account and so they will be happy about getting the account back a couple of days after it was closed.

Making the process way too difficult and time-consuming will turn annoyed customers in angry ones, the ones who will be very likely to spread negative word out there, while annoyed users would probably just close the account and move on, and even maybe come back to the service later. In either case, one way to minimize your worries about it, though, is to keep your users happy and conduct your site’s business in a transparent and open way.

It’s not a technical issue, obviously, as programming a functionality to let users delete their own accounts is something most competent developers could do before breakfast.

RandomAccount

What makes you think you own the account. Because you have the password and have posted under the account makes you the owner?

You don't own shit.

I didn't think that, you just made something up to make me look bad, which is exactly why I'm ASKING the staff to delete my account, so I can prevent completely fucking retarded dipshits like you from profiting from me in any way whatsoever. And I don't give a fuck if you make money from the site or not, you're simply symptomonious of those who do and are encouraged by those who do - why do you even give a fuck if they delete my account, why the fuck are you even shit-posting on the topic you fucking bell-end.

RandomAccount

Account nuking is done manually, I'm afraid. You'll have to go through each of your posts and edit them to say "REDACTED"

I'm not asking for my posts to be redacted you fucking thick shit, I'm asking for my account to be deleted.

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO BUY YOU A COLOURING BOOK SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WHILE THE ADULTS INSULT EACH OTHER?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't think that, you just made something up to make me look bad, which is exactly why I'm ASKING the staff to delete my account, so I can prevent completely fucking retarded dipshits like you from profiting from me in any way whatsoever. And I don't give a fuck if you make money from the site or not, you're simply symptomonious of those who do and are encouraged by those who do - why do you even give a fuck if they delete my account, why the fuck are you even shit-posting on the topic you fucking bell-end.

It's not your account. You have no expectation or right to expect them to delete it for you.

If you don't want people "profiting" from you then stop posting. It's simple.

RandomAccount

And of course, it goes without saying that dreaad brofists probably the most retarded post on the thread... for fucking real...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom