Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please fix keybindings being stored in savegames

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This makes it so that every new game you have to remake all ability keybindings per character - i'd rather prefer they were all saved and reapplied in a new game in the order of player-made characters or maybe with a simple preset for generated characters class (for pre-made pcs, they can be the same as the last playthough, with another simple preset in the first time). If a ability is not available yet (or at all) you could disable it until it is available (which might never happen), which would would be nice way to show what you considered important on the last playthrough.

Especially having to rebind 5-foot step (which everyone can and should use) all the time feels like ass.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This makes it so that every new game you have to remake all ability keybindings per character
Yeah I hate that too. One of the first things I looked into, though at the time my knowledge of the D20 / Radial Menu systems was much more primitive. Definitely on my list.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Alrighty, as of v0.1.0-pre+191, whenever you bind a key TemplePlus will export the present hotkey table to file (hotkeys.sco in main folder). This file gets loaded up on startup and will affect every game (since the table is a global), including new games.

Loading a save with conflicting definitions will override the conflicting entries going by the letter (e.g. if hotkeys.sco defines 'A' as belonging to 5' step, and your save defines 'A' as belonging to Ready Vs. Approach, it will assign it to Ready Vs. Approach. If the conflict is due to defining two letters for the same actions, ToEE already resolves that).
I guess it could cause some weirdness in some corner cases, but fuck it, I expect that in 99% of the cases users will have consistent layouts (I certainly do). If someone wants to improve the logic to be smarter, be my guest, the source is right there on github! I can provide dll spelunking assistance as necessary.

As for defining hotkeys for not-yet-available abilities, that is already supported by ToEE (as different characters may have different ability sets as it is). Pressing the key will simply do nothing in such cases.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Cool - i misremembered and though hotkeys were per character not global to all of them. Then this is 99% of the needed stuff. How about adding some simple presets, like 5 foot step, ready vs approach, countercasting and possibly others i forget?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I think it would be neat if users made those presets and posted them online ;) (the hotkeys.sco file that is)

Endarire

Scholar
In ToEE Co8, you could load a saved game, exit to menu, make a new game, then save. This would keep your previous key bindings and save you some time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom