Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please hurry.

Apar

Novice
Seriously, I need an RPG without elves.

Not a pure RPG, but you can be sure there is not a single elf in System Shock 2.

Also, Planescape: Torment had no elves, if i remember correctly. But maybe this is just a case of selective memory, as it was some obscure D&D setting at heart. Double-check that one.

Just two from the top of my head.

Lumpy

Arcane
The Rambling Sage said:
Not a pure RPG, but you can be sure there is not a single elf in System Shock 2.

Also, Planescape: Torment had no elves, if i remember correctly. But maybe this is just a case of selective memory, as it was some obscure D&D setting at heart. Double-check that one.

Just two from the top of my head.
Indeed, Planescape didn't have any elves, or any generic fantasy beings, for that matter. Except humans.

MountainWest

Scholar
Just finished System Shock 2 - don't know why I hadn't come around to play this one before - and had one hell of a time. At least onboard the Von Braun. No elves, just midwifes.

Oh, I used the mod: Rebirth complemented version. Comparing what I've seen in screenshots and what I saw ingame, I recommend it.

MountainWest said:
Lumpy said:
whatusername said:
Lumpy said:
Indeed, Planescape didn't have any elves, or any generic fantasy beings, for that matter. Except humans.

Ghosts, motha fucka.
No, it didn't.

If I remember correctly, there was a female ghost in the very first dungeon, near the entrance.

I -think- he meant elven ones.
If not, she was a human ghost, so...

MountainWest

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
MountainWest said:
Lumpy said:
whatusername said:
Lumpy said:

Ghosts, motha fucka.
No, it didn't.

If I remember correctly, there was a female ghost in the very first dungeon, near the entrance.

Hmm...

"Or any generic fantasy beings" -> "Ghosts motha fucka" -> "No it didn't" -> "there was a female ghost..."

I guess Lumpy himself will have to sort this one out.

MountainWest said:
Admiral jimbob said:
MountainWest said:
Lumpy said:
whatusername said:
Lumpy said:

Ghosts, motha fucka.
No, it didn't.

Hmm...

"Or any generic fantasy beings" -> "Ghosts motha fucka" -> "No it didn't" -> "there was a female ghost..."

That's... probably for the best.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
The hordes of Tieflings, Githzerai, Bariaurs.. running around in PS:T are just humans in disguise? Wicked! Btw.. "Planar Half-Elf" is one of the original Planar Races.

Cruces

Novice
Admiral jimbob said:
MountainWest said:
Admiral jimbob said:
MountainWest said:
Lumpy said:
whatusername said:
Lumpy said:

Ghosts, motha fucka.
No, it didn't.

Hmm...

I just wanted to continue the quotefest

Lumpy

Arcane
Cruces said:
Admiral jimbob said:
MountainWest said:
Admiral jimbob said:
MountainWest said:
Lumpy said:
whatusername said:
Lumpy said:

Ghosts, motha fucka.
No, it didn't.

Hmm...

I just wanted to continue the quotefest
That was a spectre, bitches.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
Generic Fantasy Creatures in PS:T:
*Ghosts/Shades/Shadows
*Zombies
*Skeletons
*Succubus (plenty of mythology and fantasy stuff use this)
*Ghouls/Ghasts (pretty big in the D&D fantasy settings)

Had only a few types, but they were definitely still there (The undead especially it seems).

Balor

Arcane
Well, you might complain that it feature humans, indeed.
And that they leave behind corpses, heh.
On the other hand, it may be fun to play a full-blown classic RPG that does not feature ANY previously known race, humans included.

On the other hand, they will turn out to be pretty much the same as elves/dwarves/humans, only under different names, I can guarantee that.

Apar

Novice
Gothic 3 is on my to-do list. One problem: no elves, but many orcs. Fuck orcs.

Tolkien took a shit 50 years ago and people are still wiping his ass.

Apar said:
Gothic 3 is on my to-do list. One problem: no elves, but many orcs. Fuck orcs.

Tolkien took a shit 50 years ago and people are still wiping his ass.

Well you gotta give him a little credit......YOU WOULDN'T HAVE YOUR FUCKING RPG'S IF NOT FOR TOLKIEN YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom