Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please, please help me find a rpg to play

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I did. I thought it was very well done for a RtwP game. I like the chardev a lot as well. Even with a full party I struggled to cover everything and I also liked the QfG adventure aspects as well.

I did try all three Star Wolves at different times. I like those games a lot, but the time it takes in full 3d space games kind of kills it for me. Most of those games are me being bored while travelling. I have an easier time with 2d space games, and even whatever kind of dimension you call Starpoint Gemini, as travel took too long and was too boring. But I really like space games with pilot skill trees and ship upgrades in general when they are 2d or if they ever solve the boring travel problem (unless I am the only one that thinks its a problem in which case it is never going to be solved).

I just looked up SMT Nocturne and it is only for console, I have no way of playing it.

Alpha protocol I've played. Games that are extremely rpg-lite don't do it for me. Especially when they promote a specific political agenda.

"An" rpg.

An role-playing game? Its a RPG. Unless the rules have changed an is only used before a word starting in a vowel - acronym or not.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Use a before words that start with a consonant sound and an before words that start with a vowel sound. Other letters can also be pronounced either way. Just remember it is the sound that governs whether you use a or an, not the actual first letter of the word.

This is a stupid rule since how English words are pronounced varies by region as well as country. Going off sound instead of spelling as a grammatical rule does not work for me. For instant, where I am from, people pronounce h like the French. We say uge instead of huge so I would say an huge? When I have to talk to the savages that aren't from Massachusetts they usually have a very difficult time understanding what I am saying since their savage minds are not used to listening to civilized speech. I dislike this rule and would like to petition the highest English grammatical authority in the world to change this nonsense. Who would this be?

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
The correct answer is obviously Bad Rats. There are Rats, they Power devices, and it is very Good. See, RPG.

:troll:

But if you want an actual RPG, seriously Elminage. Yes the developer is from Japan. And? It's like Wizardry 5 but better.

https://youtu.be/LC0fpOYTgd4

Just look at those anime waifus!

dagrims

Educated
Use a before words that start with a consonant sound and an before words that start with a vowel sound. Other letters can also be pronounced either way. Just remember it is the sound that governs whether you use a or an, not the actual first letter of the word.

This is a stupid rule since how English words are pronounced varies by region as well as country. Going off sound instead of spelling as a grammatical rule does not work for me. For instant, where I am from, people pronounce h like the French. We say uge instead of huge so I would say an huge?
No. The first sound in "uge" is a consonant sound - "y", not a vowel sound. You wouldn't say "an yellow banana." You also wouldn't say "an ukelele."

Roqua

Prospernaut
Is this a troll/joke? That statement is silly on many levels.

Please articulate. Please tell in which ways with exact specifics. I am sure you cannot because Dark Souls is like Undertale and other monkey-hype games. Shit for shitheads that will like it with vigor because they want to belong.

First of all - Lords of the Fallen is secondary to DS. It is forgivable. But they do same thing as DS and do it worse, plus they cut much things that existed in DS. And yes - I played both. And Lords of the Fallen is mediocre game. If you praise it - it means you have shit for brains.

And what with hype? DS is first person ARPG at best (if it can be called RPG) with japanese games elements. It is hardcore, compared to modern ARPGs - are you deny it? If you think that playing DS make you belong (where?) - maybe something wrong with you, not with the games. Maybe someone just rip your ass in PvP in DS or first mobs was too hard for you? )

:butthurt:

I was rereading through this to find the name of a game (Metalheart) and saw this gibberish.

No where in your psycho fanboy ramble did you list any actual points; you just said LotF is does the same thing but worse. I say it does the same thing but better, but I am capable of listing reasons why. Its the same nonsense from all the same type of bandwagon jumping shit for brains. They love and defend a whatever game they are told to love and defend. I feel so bad for bandwagoners It must really suck not being able to like what you like because you like it, versus liking what everyone else likes because you want to be cool like everyone else.

First, I would like to say I do not like either game, but in comparing them it is extremely clear that LotF is much, much better.

Graphics
Unless you are retarded this is a gimme for LotF

Combat
LotF has much better combat that flows better with much more responsive controls. It has fewer but much better fights against tougher enemies. The boss fights are far superior in LotF

Character Progression
Again, unless you like rpg-lite only one of the games has a decent rpg progression system.

Story
Either I am a complete and utter idiot or DS 1 and 2 had the most garbled and confusing story in the beginning parts I played before I quit both games in disgust. I need to know why I am doing something. I usually ignore the story in games, and even ignoring them I still know what is going on by the snippets I do see, etc. In DS I activiely tried to figure out what the fuck was going on and it just confused me more. I had the same experience playing the new FF MMOl. There was just a lot of staring and blinking and weird. I think this is some sort of Japanese sign language that only fucking idiots instinctually understand. I will call it Japatardosignolanguablinko.

Other
Everything, from UI, no key remapping, no every single fucking thing is so much better in LotF only a complete bandwagon nobrain monkey fucker could not see and admit that one had production value and the other had shit for shit heads. Dark Souls is like the console game equivalent of Undertail.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I would suggest playing With Your Balls. It has none of what you described.

Speaking of my balls, they itch non stop and the doctor just tells me to put goldbond on them. I do and it burns like all get out. It burns very badly for what feels like seven decades and the next day the same thing. All pain and no gain. My balls are itchy and stinky and nothing is working and my doctor sucks or doesn't take my balls as seriously as I do.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please, real ideas of real remedies. Pictures of parrots or dancing black guys with chicken nuggets don't work. I'm especially interested from remedies from you all living in shit hole countries with witch doctors and voodoo magic you use? Like will goat urine fix my balls? Something has to help. I can't be the first person with itchy stinky balls that goldbond medicated powder doesn't work on.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This thread is defenitely going places...

As for your itching balls, you already told the answer:
My balls are itchy and stinky and nothing is working and my doctor sucks .
You have to let your doctor suck your balls. 100% guarantee.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I was gonna post some games, but clearly this is just Roqua being edgy again... saying Lords of the Fallen is better than Dark Souls is such nonsense it doesn't even qualify as trolling, just plain stupidity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom