Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Polan's Army (aka Call of Potato: Future Soldier)

bonescraper

OBRUM Gliwice, the acclaimed creators of... uh...

Czołg_lekki_PL-01_%2802%29.jpg

This thing... are apparently making a shooter (with some help from Farm 51, the makers of Necrovision, Dedfall Adventures etc.).

It gets even better. The game (which is supposed to be in advanced stages of development), will feature modern and future Polish military equipement. Yup, you now will be able to live your dream fighting enemies of great Rzeczpospolita as a Polish soldier. Shoot and customize your MSBS 5.56, drive a PL-01, pop Russians* from RGP-40, fight in construction sites in Warsaw and forests from Witcher 3! It's going to be free and IT'S GOING TO BE MAJESTIC.

The game is said to be "exceptionally realistic in its portayal of the modern battlefield". There's a demo coming "soon".

*Russians not confirmed yet :(

Trailer.

:outrage::smug::lol:

Seriously, this is not a late april fool's joke. Yes, i also don't even.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Those wilderness shots are from the Unigine Valley Benchmark...

In a way, I'm proud of my potato brethren. Takes a special kind of ingenuity to come up with an idea like this.

Anyone recognize the urban segments? Wouldn't be surprised if they were lifted from some other source either.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I approve wholeheartedly.

Urban engagements in Bytom will put all middle eastern shitholes to shame with a much greater and much more authentic feeling of devastation and constant hostility! :outrage:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope this is going to be Polish version of ArmA and we will beat Czechs (though it doesn't sound as good now, when they beat themselves with crappy ArmA3). We need more realistic shooters and nor the West nor Asians can deliver, therefore all the hope lies in the Eastern Europe. ArmA's realism and gameplay combined with STALKER's atmosphere would be so cool :love:

Tytus

Arcane
I hope there will be a mission to defend the Petrochemia Refinery in Płock. I already know the layout of the city so I can flank those Russian bitches in any way I please. Also if the enemy enters Miedzytorze District or Tysiaclecia District they won't get out alive. Our skinhead bretheren will take care of them.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope this is going to be Polish version of ArmA and we will beat Czechs (though it doesn't sound as good now, when they beat themselves with crappy ArmA3). We need more realistic shooters and nor the West nor Asians can deliver, therefore all the hope lies in the Eastern Europe. ArmA's realism and gameplay combined with STALKER's atmosphere would be so cool :love:

Hey don't be too hard on ArmA3. Its biggest fan, Skyway, has survived some p. tough times recently with his very existence in danger, his daily life interrupted and tensions increasing every day so he doesn't need any mocking.

Also he has this thing going on where his whole country is being invaded or something.

bonescraper

Well, at least those hacks from City Interactive aren't involved. So there's some hope it won't be another Terrorist Takedown. But i wouldn't count on a game similar to ArmA. Farm 51 make arcade shooters, and OBRUM's Rosomak simulator is actually based on BiS Virtual Battlespace 2. Plus, it's going to be free.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Potatofield: March to Moscow

With it's DLC expansion Lvow Strike.

Featuring all realistic Potatolander equipment such as the Mark I Lasgun, prototype railgun cannons and Baneblade tanks. Fight deadly enemies including Russian T-90MS tanks, Lithuanian Hitmen and Swedish Somali Pirates to a soundtrack composed by Krzesimir Debski.

Voice actors include numerous famous polish personas such as Josef Pilsudski and Jan Sobieski.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Featuring all realistic Potatolander equipment such as the Mark I Lasgun, prototype railgun cannons and Baneblade tanks. Fight deadly enemies including Russian T-90MS tanks, Lithuanian Hitmen and Swedish Somali Pirates to a soundtrack composed by Krzesimir Debski.

Voice actors include numerous famous polish personas such as Josef Pilsudski and Jan Sobieski.

Day One Purchase!

Tytus

Arcane

No Boleslaw Chroby or Boleslaw Krzywousty? No Łokietek? I'll pass.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Well, the PL-01 must be the first case of a game tank recreated in real life before they made the game.

The campaign's final boss fight should Putin riding a bear in the basement of the Kremlin, where he hides the real wreck of the Polish presidential Tupolev and the real armored magnetic birch tree that destroyed it.

Tytus

Arcane
Well, the PL-01 must be the first case of a game tank recreated in real life before they made the game.

The campaign's final boss fight should Putin riding a bear in the basement of the Kremlin, where he hides the real wreck of the Polish presidential Tupolev and the real armored magnetic birch tree that destroyed it.

bear-cavalry.jpg

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
the real wreck of the Polish presidential Tupolev and the real armored magnetic birch tree that destroyed it.
A game with a story based on this stuff would be gold. They could hire Macierewicz to unleash his imagination on this one.

Angthoron

Arcane
Call of Potato could be a pretty awesome horror setting.

An esteemed Polish gentleman and a scholar could receive a missive regarding a mysterious happenstance in a southern province, where an unknown entity is reported to drive the local populace insane. After an uneventful but foreboding journey, the gentleman arrives at a small town filled with surly, drunken-seeming gents who later turn out to be a part of a cult dedicated to an elder god of non-euclidean shape and varying size - they drink his blood and bring him sacrifice; their bloodline becomes slowly diluted as they become a degenerative society of madmen. The gentleman begins his search in the pastoral fields, from where he hears a faint call... Arming himself with a shovel, he soon discovers the town's terrible secret - the one of many horrific bodies of the elder god whose blood is drank at the cult havens in town - the great and terrifying Lord Ziemniak.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom