Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL 2 of 2] Which buttons should we keep?

Vote for the buttons you want to keep

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck all this duplication. Disagree is almost the same as dislike and decline could be negative. No could be both. Thinking it over, the buttons are ok, but there's too much sameness. Should be positive, negative, neutral along with funny and WTF/prosper/parrot and maybe a couple for when words can't express like the MCA/Josh. Even these could be pared down more really.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Poll is lacking a "None, cull them all!" option.

One simple suggestion is to cut down the 10 Trump buttons to a single TRUMP!-button.

EDIT: On the upside, the server lag/overload is mostly gone, but it returns with a vengeange if one of the posts has multiple ratings (like most first posts in Site Feedback).

Andhaira

Arcane
Thankfully the nuke it from orbit art has been enhanced.

THe further buttons also need better art and icons:

-Citation Needed
-Decline
-Incline
-Meh
-Useful
-Cuck

Finally, the abyssgazer smiley should be make into an icon plx

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
there's no reason to cull them yet, we should have at least 4-5 lines of buttons before culling would become necessary

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do away with the Trump buttons. Problem solved.

Also, I think a :tasteful: button would be more useful than the useful button itself as the former has many different connotations, in particular when it comes to cRPGs.

Cholo

Arcane
tbh I think we could double the buttons and still not have enough- here are some ideas:

weed: this poster has been blazing some chron

anime: this poster watches too much anime and therefore is a degenerate

sperg: this poster is a sperg

more to be added as I think of them

Weasel
tbh I think we could double the buttons and still not have enough- here are some ideas:

weed: this poster has been blazing some chron

anime: this poster watches too much anime and therefore is a degenerate

sperg: this poster is a sperg

more to be added as I think of them

Lots of potential there. And surely a "shill" button is long overdue, as is a "Joined:" button to save Jaesun time and effort?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It's unfair to include the Trump buttons in the poll, since only those who are able to use the Trump buttons have an incentive to vote for them.
TrumpSmug.png

If you absolutely must eliminate the Trump buttons at some point, I suggest keeping buildthewall
TrumpWall.png
as a permanent button and converting the others into the closest matches, e.g.
TrumpSmug.png
= :M
TrumpYuge.png
=
rating_brofist.png

TrumpBestDeal.png
=
rating_prestigious.png

TrumpWTF.png
=
wtfamireading.png

TrumpLove.png
= friendly/heart
TrumpWin.png
=
incline.png

TrumpYes.png
=
rating_salute.gif

TrumpDisgusting.png
=
rating_rage.gif

TrumpYoureFired.png
=
rating_retarded.png

And please, everyone, vote for the most important button: :M

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
DarkUnderlord would it be possible to hide the buttons behind a "Buttons" button next to "^ Top" and "Reply" or something? I've accidentally pressed buttons I didn't mean to more than a few times

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom