Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline POLL about POE reviews links on the curator page!

Should darth roxor and VD reviews be linked on POE curator main page ?

• Yes, even the mixed reviews should be linked, innocent steam buyers should be enlightened.

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • No its fine like this ,with only the prime junta review linked.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Never played POE not interested by it (kingcomrade)

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What Mr. Sausage said.

Mortmal

Arcane
What Mr. Sausage said.
Then go for it, replace that unique link by another one redirecting to all the reviews.

"Obsidian's spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games, with a few twists courtesy of lead designer Josh Sawyer." should be replaced by something more fitting. Let Bubbles write a small text he can do better .

Telengard

Arcane
Not sure why it all matter anyways. Once Roguey writes zer review, that will trump everything. So, no matter which review is up there now, it's coming down in due course, and Roguey's is going up. In the fullness of time.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Prime Junta's review was used all this time and not VD's one at the very least? What are you, Obsidian marketers?

Mortmal

Arcane
The other reviews should also have links to the other reviews, just to be fair.

Reading one codex review should lead to the others indeed , reading the codex should give this impression:

039-optik.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When Roxor's review was posted, some people predicted that PoE was a game that would "soon be forgotten". Well, here we are over five months since its release, posting in this thread. And there's still half an expansion pack left to go!

Josh Sawyer has so thoroughly owned this forum. It's glorious.

Decado's was the first to be used I think, until the neutral-positive one was available.

Actually, I used VD/Grunker's review for a while too.

FYI, I consider all four of our reviews to be essentially "negative" in the sense that they're full of some pretty damning criticism that's fully capable of dissuading a person from purchasing the game. None of them come close to the absurd sugar coating of our (conveniently forgotten) Witcher 1 or Fallout: New Vegas reviews. I guess some people are just too shallow to notice it unless the review ends with "this game is shit".

Last edited:
Weasel
Josh Sawyer has so thoroughly owned this forum. It's glorious.

I think this endless drama is less to do with Sawyer in this case (despite Roguey's diligent trolling efforts) and more to do with you being probably the most vocal and dedicated PoE supporter on the forums while also a staff member responsible for content. While I'd guess that even your most relentless detractors would concede you do a great job with the news forum (it's hard to imagine it without you now, tbh), I think many here are very sensitive to perceptions of fanboys pushing agendas as so many other forums went to shit that way.

And that's the thing, it's just a perception for most of us who never know what's going on behind the scenes. Someone who is in a position to apparently obstruct/delay reviews or run supposedly 'community' functions like the curator list has a tough job to maintain a distance between that role and the arguments and positions they regularly get into on the forums.

It seems that, in the case of PoE, a common perception was that the line got pretty blurred.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Meh. I'm a supporter of all Kickstarters, but after the pre-release hubbub and the hiver drama, people have largely left Wasteland 2 alone.

Of course, in the case of this thread, the OP is still obsessing over a review given to Might & Magic X a year and a half ago, so maybe I shouldn't tar everybody with the same brush.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
When Roxor's review was posted, some people predicted that PoE was a game that would "soon be forgotten". Well, here we are over five months since its release, posting in this thread. And there's still half an expansion pack left to go!
Oh wow, 5 months, during which they've posted updates both of the game and the DLC, and it hasn't been forgotten?

Truly
Sawyer is the most glorious developer who ever did live, to be remembered in these circumstances.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Codex curator should have no games on it. We recommend nothing because everything is shit.

:rpgcodex:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Oh wow, 5 months, during which they've posted updates both of the game and the DLC, and it hasn't been forgotten?

Truly
Sawyer is the most glorious developer who ever did live, to be remembered in these circumstances.

Having trouble seeing the differences between PoE and Fallout 3 in this circumstance..
But I guess Josh owned us and Bethesda are fagts.. AMIRIGHT?

Mortmal

Arcane
Meh. I'm a supporter of all Kickstarters but after the pre-release hubbub and the hiver drama, people have largely left Wasteland 2 alone.

Of course, in the case of this thread, the OP is still obsessing over a review given to Might & Magic X a year and a half ago, so maybe I shouldn't tar everybody with the same brush.

Well since you want to push that button again ,i am not obsessed about the review , its about the things surrounding it, when codex turned corporate brown nosed.
It started with the vip forum at ubi only a select few were chosen to play the game ,report from those people were not that good to say the least .However it got a rpgcodex editor choice award, a new reward invented this year just for it . The deal was obviously interviews and game keys in exchange for a very positive review, possibly more . Its ubisoft we are speaking about they got some reputation .
New guys taking charge, they are clearly not grognards thats for sure, a private forum to discuss content not to be seen by the unwashed masses, an official rpgcodex curator list wich is officially "not important at all" but strictly monitored by said new guys and set in stone.As for the twitter theres one wole thread...

that review one year and half ago , its the same thing going on again for POE , given enough goodies you would do the same for fallout 4 (no matter the quality of it).Oh and you bet they will drag by the neck some guy from rpgwatch if theres no volunteer to write it.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
What would be the best way of convincing people that Josh didn't thoroughly own this forum then? I can't let such speculations on Josh's motives be left unchecked.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
After all the effort to bury roxor's review, it was perhaps a bit innocent to think that the curator entry would change in a way to give it more visibility.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Are we going to keep discussing this same issue seven times, or until we finally have seven POE reviews?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
And that's the thing, it's just a perception for most of us who never know what's going on behind the scenes.
Not really. I'm not going to divulge anything from behind the scenes that hasn't already been leaked, but I will say the perception is exactly accurate and all the facts are in fact not secret, having been, as I said, already leaked.

The accusations of Infinitron being a shill have always amused me TBH, because it's obvious he's just a consummate fanboy (I'll leave it to someone else to argue whether this is a better or worse thing). This has nothing to do with POE BTW, he was fanboying over Sawyer and the Roguey school of thought (if you can call it that) at least a couple of years before. What I find a little disturbing is when he makes statements like this one without even realizing they reference him trying to bury a negative review, pushing a positive review over it instead, then washing his hands of that review when it turned out not to be as positive as expected and replacing it with one that actually is positive (and that, before some rather good edits and changes, was laughable in its fanboyism in parts).

FYI, I consider all four of our reviews to be essentially "negative" in the sense that they're full of some pretty damning criticism that's fully capable of dissuading a person from purchasing the game. None of them come close to the absurd sugar coating of our (conveniently forgotten) Witcher 1 or Fallout: New Vegas reviews.
This is a completely retarded argument that I have called you out on repeatedly, both in private and in public. First, "we already have some shit reviews so posting more shit reviews is not a problem because precedence" has no place outside of a courtroom, and certainly not when picking what should be considered quality content. Second, your scale of positive-to-negative is even more retarded and binary than mainstream reviewers'. What, so a review is negative if it scores 1-99 and positive if it gives only a 100 and doesn't contain any criticism, or anything that might dissuade anyone from purchasing it? Really?

I spent half of my MMX review criticizing what I considered flaws in the game, but it's still a positive review, as it should be since I like the game. I said it back then, if I like the game despite the flaws I'm not going to quietly delete all the text where I talk about what I like in it and why I think people who like these things should buy it and play it. And a good negative review will still have praise for things that the reviewer considers well done even if he thinks the game is shit - and guess what, Roxor's review did have several points where he praised this or that design that he liked, like any "brutally honest" review would. And, just like most of the detractors of my MMX review kept talking about my "love letter" while ignoring the brutal beating I gave the game over the some of the combat and exploration design decisions, you and other POE fanboys never acknowledged the positive things Roxor talks about in his review (things that I have pointed out in the past) and instead focus entirely on the negatives. And let's not go into the ad hominems.

Are we going to keep discussing this same issue seven times, or until we finally have seven POE reviews?
Yes and yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom