Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Best Grimoire Title Screen (5 Options)

Which Grimoire title screen is the best?

• Total voters

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I voted for #5.

If Cleve can't even be bothered to give us new imaginary bug count-down anymore, I can't be bothered to tell what screen I'd prefer for an imaginary game.

BBMorti

Arcane
5 looks gayer than a rainbow, so I took the one the furthest away from it. 1

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
1erol1.jpg

Yeah, sure :lol:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
4 is the best one I think, but all of them are not professional quality (if that even matters).

flushfire

Augur
I like the first best but readability needs to be improved, followed by fourth for that sharp, not-too-old look.

Mustawd

I like the first best but readability needs to be improved, followed by fourth for that sharp, not-too-old look.

I voted #1 s well, but it needs improvement. The title kind of gets swallowed up. Not sure if it's the color, size font, etc, but it almost fades to the background.

dragonbait

Augur
Cleve says he is not happy with any of these. Let's see what the Codex group mind has to say on this topic.

Option 1:
l1rJJxf.jpg

Ca. 2000?

Option 1. Though, as its just supposed to be a title screen, there isn't really a need for all the blank character portrait images along the bottom. It can be a title screen that just displays the Grimoire book with the menu options. Character portraits can come later.

Not sure how good, neutral, [or evil] the Winged Exemplar is supposed to be, but if you were to sort of mesh option 1 with option 4, the result might be something along the line of the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis
props_ed2_book_screen.jpg

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I like 1, 2 and 3. I guess 4 looks the most professional, but the picture itself doesn't fit. And I won't even mention 5.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I don't know why number one is so popular. It looks a bit messy to me. The use of just the bottom portion of the book is distracting, and the title seems a bit murky with that symbol behind it. It also seems like the title is intended to be presented as the book's title, which makes it look a little weird because it's positioned below where the centre of the book cover would be.

The aesthetic concept would work fine with some tweaking, but that implementation isn't much good to my eye.

First one is good but that thing (emblem?) on the top must go, it's obscuring the title. Or make the letters stand out more, the options below are a bit hard to read too. And as dragonbait suggested, I'd remove the out-of-place creepy faces at the bottom, which would move the book down and make room for the title.

I don't know why number one is so popular.

Warm colors make it stand out compared to the others, which all depict a dungeon-style ambient. I guess he intended to make something like the Icewind Dale EE logo, but red curvy font on orange background juxtaposed on a complex drawing makes it look a bit polluted.

iwdeelogo.png

Last edited:

polo

Magister
They all look so good i can't pick one.
No doubt you are the king of kings, Cleve Ben-Hur.

Dookins

Educated
Ok, clarification: a finished product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom