Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Clicking to expand quotes: Yay or nay?

Do you like clicking to expand quotes?

• Yes, please keep it.

Votes: 18 12.5%
  • No, remove it.

Votes: 94 65.3%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Keep it but increase the size limit

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Please enter a valid message.

This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote.

:troll:

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Double the limit.

It might be useful against people who cannot into quoting, so complete removal is unnecessary, but at the moment the displayed portion is too short and has to be expanded every fucking time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Nay to clicking to expand. That goes for quotes and quoted images both.

The itty-bitty quote space is like that thing Genie was talking about:

genie+itty+bitty+living+space.jpg

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Increase size limit as a safeguard against excessive quote pyramids

Murk

Arcane
I'm in favor of increasing the size to at least 3x; wouldn't mind it being disabled outright but it would be a safeguard against idiots requoting long posts repeatedly.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the size before it shrinks should be larger, but the size it shrinks down too should remain the same. Or both should increase, but there should be a buffer zone where it allows larger quotes than it will show when it actually quotes them.

Absalom

Honestly I always make an effort to clean up the quotes if I am quoting something so I don't know why this feature is necessary

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Personally, I'd prefer it if that thing showed the bottom of the quoted post instead and you could expand it up instead of down, if that makes sense. That way you could read the tidbit that the person who quotes it actually replies to, and not the beginning of the quote pyramid which usually doesn't have anything to do with the reply.

Severian Silk

Expanding/retracting is what spoiler tags are for.

Leave quotes the way they were before.

:killit:

edit - Also, the Codex is not a democracy.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
it does save scrolling time, but is also mighty annoying, so please remove it or at least try to implement what bee proposed

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Please enter a valid message.
This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote. This is a quote.
:troll:

That's not a quote.

Double the limit.
It might be useful against people who cannot into quoting, so complete removal is unnecessary, but at the moment the displayed portion is too short and has to be expanded every fucking time.

That might be.

Nay to clicking to expand. That goes for quotes and quoted images both.
The itty-bitty quote space is like that thing Genie was talking about:

No.

Remove it
(inb4 options are changed in the poll)

Very likely.

I'm for it, but it could use something like a 2x-3x minimum lines before hiding.

You got your wish granted, does that make you feel good?

Increase size limit as a safeguard against excessive quote pyramids

Yeah, quote pyramids are retarded.

Barry Unger said:
Eez terrible

Don't you have anything to say yourself?

I'm in favor of increasing the size to at least 3x; wouldn't mind it being disabled outright but it would be a safeguard against idiots requoting long posts repeatedly.

I think the idiots require a more... permanent solution.

I think the size before it shrinks should be larger, but the size it shrinks down too should remain the same. Or both should increase, but there should be a buffer zone where it allows larger quotes than it will show when it actually quotes them.

I am not quite sure what you mean.

Honestly I always make an effort to clean up the quotes if I am quoting something so I don't know why this feature is necessary

Because some people are both lazy and stupid.

Personally, I'd prefer it if that thing showed the bottom of the quoted post instead and you could expand it up instead of down, if that makes sense. That way you could read the tidbit that the person who quotes it actually replies to, and not the beginning of the quote pyramid which usually doesn't have anything to do with the reply.

Why was the original feature of automatically removing third lever and deeper nested quotes taken out in the first place?

Expanding/retracting is what spoiler tags are for.
Leave quotes the way they were before.
:killit:
edit - Also, the Codex is not a democracy.

Why are you voicing your opinion if you don't believe in the Codexian Democracy?

^ That.
Just throw the overquoters into the dungeons whenever they cannot into thinking.

That sounds like a lot of work.

it does save scrolling time, but is also mighty annoying, so please remove it or at least try to implement what bee proposed

Are you sure that is what you want?

i hate clicking

But do you love scrolling?

Ban people who cannot into quoting etiquette. Problem solved.

Are you telling DU to ban VD? That doesn't sound safe...

Size now currently at x3.
Cute. :3

No straight man could ever use that emoticon.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ten times this.

A user named cat

I wish you'd just put everything back to how it was. Codex was perfectly fine, it didn't need a Trent Oster update. New toolbar is shit and clicking more is shit.

If you want to do some enhancing, then why don't you do something with the "Feature not available" sections or just remove those buttons from the site entirely. It's like visiting a dead Geocities page and getting 404 errors on every link you click.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Late to the party, but either remove it or increase the size (which you already did).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom