Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Does the Hivemind enjoy Grimoire?

Please rate your enjoyment of Grimoire

• Total voters

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I have to start thinking like a neanderthal

You can start with slamming your head into the concrete a few times. After you got permanent brain injury, you are thinking like a neanderthal.
- It makes me smile and laugh out loud often while playing it
Oh, I see you got the brain injury covered already.

Go drown your sorrow in Pillars of Shit, ya low-standard cuck. Begone!

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Provide arguments.

You want me to provide arguments for what? Why I like Grimoire? I think I already did that.

If you mean why it surpasses Wizardry, I never asserted that. Wizardry, in my mind, was the first and will always be the best. 6,7 and 8 were incredible games. Cleve himself has acknowledged that. Hell, those games are why he made Grimoire in the first place.

If you're pondering what specifically it is people like me see in a game like Grimoire, that's rather hard to describe. I can only provide an anecdote:

Once I got past the technical weirdness of Grimoire, I felt like I was transported back to being sixteen years old again. Actually, at one point, I had a cup of coffee while I was playing it, and I sat back as a combat encounter was beginning and I had issued my orders, leaning back in my chair to watch the results unfold. It just sort of hit me then. "This is what I love about blobbers." Real blobbers, that is, turn-based combat-oriented games that force you to make decisions, hit a key, then sit back with your cup of coffee and hope you don't get your ass handed to you. That is what a blobber and therefore a game like Grimoire means to me.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Nostalgic feelings are not an argument

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I guess it's a question of taste - some prefer the Might & Magic lighthearted style, while I prefer the Wizardry seriousness.

bradley.PNG

Edit: I also prefer more serious games and generally have a problem with fourth wall breaking, but I think it works in Grimoire, partially because it's impossible to imagine Cleve writing a totally serious game, and partially because it's impossible to disentangle the game from the creator.

I'd imagine it requires some meta-knowledge to fully appreciate.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
!ITZ UBECLEVEABLY INCLINED!

It makes blind see again, it stops wars cause everyone is too busy playing it, it saves marriages, it cures cancer, it's better than sex and even threesome.

Every bought copy makes THE WALL one feet higher. Every bought copy makes one more librul and commie (even more) insane. And the librul butthurt... Mmmmmmmmmm sweet, sweet, oh so damn sweet, sweeter than nectar librul butthurt. It's running in rivers, if only dam could be built and electricity made using it's flow, energy crisis would be solved. Everything would be powered by free energy of librul butthut because of Grimoire and Cleve, just like Tesla, would give it to the world as a gift to mankind.

Fix those pesky bugs Cleve and use the policy of for every new bug introduced, two need to be removed. Then patches might actually get us somewhere further than main menu.

As far as gameplay and stability go - it's great (first version at least and for me) and will only become better over the years decades, like a good wine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom