Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you like your RPG forums?

How do you like your RPG forums?

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This month's random poll is: How do you like your RPG forums?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
An expanded explanation of "How about three forums? (General new shit, Classic old shit and Console shit)":
Both new shit and old shit forums would be for any RPG on the PC platform with the only distinction being age (old shit pre-00, new shit post-90). Yes, this would include ports.
Console shit would be everything NOT on the PC. Mobile, nintendo DS, Playstation, etc.

Kz3r0

Arcane
An expanded explanation of "How about three forums? (General new shit, Classic old shit and Console shit)":
Both new shit and old shit forums would be for any RPG on the PC platform with the only distinction being age (old shit pre-00, new shit post-90). Yes, this would include ports.
Console shit would be everything NOT on the PC. Mobile, nintendo DS, Playstation, etc.
This, I voted to keep things as they are to avoid inane discussions to decide if the new crap is console crap or PC crap.

EDIT:
In before, with emulators is all PC crap.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I don't care much, just keep jRPG and MMO as sub-forums. Adding a indie sub-forum is a bad idea IMHO, will cause great chaos on where do we debate games like KotC or lite indie roguelikes...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
27 subforums. One for each letter and one for numbers/weird characters. Sort everythign alphabetically. There will no longer be any reason to argue where games belong. :troll:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Why so many subforums? Moving threads around is pointless anyway, so I voted for one single RPG forum.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
As a self-proclaimed RPG expert, I suggest implementing the following criteria:

All RPGs, big and small, great and shitty, PC and console, go into the RPG Discussion forum where each member can decide which thread he wants to read. Games that are a mix, like JA2, can be discussed in both RPG and Strategy games forums. If RPG nuts want to talk about the RPG awesomeness of JA2, I see no reason to move it.

Mods should not waste their valuable time creating new paradigm shifts and mindshares by rearranging forums and threads according to the latest trends.

trustno1code

Prophet
xuav.jpg

The occasional butthurt/drama/butthurt drama seems unavoidable anyway.
I wouldn't merge though, having the Arcanum Repository sit next to South Park RPG seems somehow off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DarkUnderlord The problem with this vote is that there's only one option for merging and many different options for splitting, so merging will always win a plurality, even if a majority favors some sort of split.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reposting my split criteria:

PC-exclusive RPGs always go in Computer RPGs, unless they have heavy strategy/tactical elements (eg JA2) in which case they go in Strategy Gaming.

Multiplatform on day one RPGs always go in Console RPGs.

Games that were released on PC first and later on console are judged on an individual basis, based on distinguishing elements such as interface style.

Jaesun's creed:

I DO still want to strongly argue my one point: cRPG's designed around an XBox controller and ones designed for a PC. With us getting more and more visibility and with us (at least we used to say this in the old About page) being a site that is dedicated to games made and designed for the PC and having good cRPG elements, we have an excellent way of blatantly showing this straight to their faces with 2 cRPG's forums stated plainly designed for PC or XBox controllers (and the old 512 Megs of ram).

This distinction greatly defines and flat out tells people the kind of cRPG's we want to play and support. Publicly shaming Developers and Publishers that have to dumb down games because of a console and it's controller is a stance that I would like to see we still adhere to.

That is something I just feel very strongly about. And we have the power to do that.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
What about Japanese action games in JRPG subforum. That's some serious bullshit right here.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I DO still want to strongly argue my one point: cRPG's designed around an XBox controller and ones designed for a PC. With us getting more and more visibility and with us (at least we used to say this in the old About page) being a site that is dedicated to games made and designed for the PC and having good cRPG elements, we have an excellent way of blatantly showing this straight to their faces with 2 cRPG's forums stated plainly designed for PC or XBox controllers (and the old 512 Megs of ram).

This distinction greatly defines and flat out tells people the kind of cRPG's we want to play and support. Publicly shaming Developers and Publishers that have to dumb down games because of a console and it's controller is a stance that I would like to see we still adhere to.

That is something I just feel very strongly about. And we have the power to do that.

Yeah, Bethesda will surely die of shame because the folks at the codex shame then into popamole forums:lol:. That's some grade A PCtardism. If you want to shame them into oblivion (eh) just change the thread title to "dis gaem suck shit".

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
PC-exclusive RPGs always go in Computer RPGs, unless they have heavy strategy/tactical elements (eg JA2) in which case they go in Strategy Gaming.
So, you would either keep Goldbox games in Strategy Gaming or consider them not to have "heavy tactical elements"?
:nocountryforshitposters:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm casting a tactical vote on big merger. That's the second best option IMO. Both age-based split and big merger is a better solution than "figure out where every game belongs" system.

DraQ

Arcane
Voted for subgenre subcategories (informative and would keep the mods occupied moving threads meaning less pointless merges), though three categories or anything separating out pure console games (meaning shit I can't play on my computer natively or with a DOSBox) would work as long as the remaning distinctions aren't retardedly subjective and whimsical (so TB vs RT would work, same with party VS solo, perspective, controls, or amount of combat/noncombat/story/simulation focus).

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm casting a tactical vote on big merger. That's the second best option IMO. Both age-based split and big merger is a better solution than "figure out where every game belongs" system.
Age-based split would cause stupid discussion about what date should we use. Total merger is superior.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jaesun's argument swayed me. Go back to the old(ish) ways. 'Course I don't get butthurt because my favorite hiking simulator gets put in console popamole.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well I prefer a different approach, keep "Classic cRPG" but merge "AAA+ RPG" with "jRPG".

In lack there of, rename that stuff to what it was, and possibly merge cRPG with AAA as second-best option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom