Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

(POLL) How many AOD achievements do you have?

How many achievements have you gotten in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Thread is public. Let's see who has the most!

darthaegis

Cipher
37 cheevos with 24 hours played, one a merchant in the EA and then at release a merchant and a merc halfway through IG

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Possibly in AoD. I still remember my first encounter with the achievement abomination like a decade ago, when suddenly something like "Achievement: Killed 10 goblins!" popped up in my face.

I was like wtf, was that some quest i didn't know I had? Nope, no experience, nothing in quest log, no related dialogue... but it happened again and again, the game annoying me with some meaningless crap. Hated it ever since.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
In this game they are more guidelines for replay.

Yep, and some players complain about their spoilerish nature, but you need some spoilers, otherwise you simply can’t appreciate what the game has to offer.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Achievements are still a bit buggy. I'm missing the "Liegeman" and "It’s Just Business. Nothing Personal..." and "Centurion", despite doing all the things listed.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I have problems unlocking some achievements when I played on desktop. That was the case with "Centurion", for instance. Play the game only on the steam's software to avoid these problems.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Not playing on Steam shouldn't be lumped in with "haven't played it yet."

Yep, and some players complain about their spoilerish nature, but you need some spoilers, otherwise you simply can’t appreciate what the game has to offer.
Why not? Being surprised by a game responding to certain actions in the course of experimentation is far more satisfying than doing certain actions because you're told the game will respond to them.

hivemind

9 cheevos left.

I know how to get all of them and I'm honestly pretty sure I got 3 of them already in EA once(legatus,first sword, desperate times) but the game didn't register it. And I also got one in the teron demo way back(explosion expert)

Will finish the game 100% once my November exams are over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
One thing I think I should mention here: the "Godless world" cheevo for killing Agatoth is awarded regardless of HOW you kill him. So blowing up the Temple and defeating him in 1v1 combat yields the same cheevo. So if you look at Steam statistics, don't feel bad about all those ppl who have the cheevo while you don't. Most of them didn't defeat Agatoth 1v1 either.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
72 with about 100-110 hours.

most important are of course "Died in the first fight" followed by "Killed more people than malaria","Terminator" and "300!". Definition of self-improvement :smug:

Though if "The nameless one" is true ("died 100+ times) that puts me at a rate of 1 death per hour. Most are militiades related though, that is a hard quest to start with a hybrid.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Possibly in AoD. I still remember my first encounter with the achievement abomination like a decade ago, when suddenly something like "Achievement: Killed 10 goblins!" popped up in my face.

I was like wtf, was that some quest i didn't know I had? Nope, no experience, nothing in quest log, no related dialogue... but it happened again and again, the game annoying me with some meaningless crap. Hated it ever since.

I think it was Risen, but don't quote me on that, that had cheevos not for killing X amount of shit but for dying from things like falling from a height. I feel thats the way to go with achievements. Make them for blatantly retarded actions and have the text blurb insult the player the entire time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom